Speccy thread.post your beast or potato. Pic related is a potato

Speccy thread.post your beast or potato. Pic related is a potato.

You don't need anything better than this.

I can't compete with these turbopotatos. I threw out my Athlon XP 4200+ and my N270 netbook. RIP.

i want to share some good feels with you guys. today i've built this pc after horrible years of laptop suffering (screen was the worst, headaches all the time).
all this stuff in silverstone sugo12b-q. i'm happy

sugo13*
also 450w fractal design integra psu

Your right I cant best potato is pic related. (I added the gpu, ram was originally 512mb, and a 40gb ide drive that I have hanging around.)

What was the specs of your old pc before you built that? I used pic related for 7 years, originally had 3gb of ram. Before that I used:

forgot pic

3550m cpu with integrated graphics, 768p screen and very slow wd hdd

That's a nice upgrade then

indeed. i'm completely overwhelmed

Nice temp on the cpu

>Nice temp on the cpu
Thanks, idk how that potato stays cool, I haven't even changed the thermal paste since I bought it 7 years ago.

Shitty laptop

Ordered rx 580 pulse,lg 29um68 and reworking my cables
considering my current card has just 1 small fan and no pipes i guess it will run even cooler?

Also any idea why sometimes speccy shows my motherboard at 50C in red number?
For example everything is around 20C but mb 50C i m scared of some internal issue,because few days ago I got blue screen and "can not boot windows error" so i had to use restore.

This is my desktop computer that I use every day for everything. It's going to be a full 10 years old in December.

This is what a friend just send me...

Thought building this thing would make me happy, but it didn't.
Probably could've spent this money seeing a doctor for psychotropics.

Nice for free, what's the actual temp on that cpu?
>make me happy, but it didn't.
That sucks.

must be an error, how is the cpu at fukishima levels and the socket is Shirtless Putin on a horse temp?
speccy is retarded, 50c is a fine socket temp. google it.

cpu-z submit and compare
snip tool, don't save, paste in paint, spu tool color 2, transparent selection, paste on speccy screengrab. AUTISM

this program is a piece of shit

my GPUs are running hot but not awful

Jesus fuck, take care of your computers.

What do you mean?

Here's my potato.
I wish I'd have a better CPU and faster RAM
Also a NVMe SSD would be nice.

i want to do a threadripper build. and vega.
get rid of this big ass tower and go mini itx

that bottleneck holy crap

No kidding

r8pe me famlams

Does what I need I guess, haven't played a single recent game since around 2009, never owned a gaming console and this is my main machine since around that time.

X220 mustard rice

I can't get speccy to detect my CPU RAM or Motherboard....

>inb4 clocklet

is this the new memes thread

>6700K
>32GB
>1080
>potato

>1945
>ubuntu
youre meme alive

I can't wait until I get a new fucking PC

you could at least stick an FX 8350 with the unofficial 3209 bios for that board

Its a good solid potato, hideously noisy because old fans. I'm going to fix that and try and double the RAM. Then maybe Linux install and a functional wireless adapter, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

SL7PW was 3.2GHz, surprisingly long ago. Apparently only 84W TDP, sounds like more desu. Idle and average were closer to peak at the time.

Sometimes I think, man did I really need all this RAM? And then I remember, yes. Yes I do.

I do regret not getting the i7 though. The extra cores would really come in handy with all the vms.

Meh, it werks

Should hold me over for another 2 years at 1080p

CPU is overclocked to 4.4ghz

when's that happening user

beast posted

abigail the amazon

one potato for another.
no i need a threadripper.

a great potato vs a terrible potato

im not spending any money on this old thing.
id sell it on CL to some idiot who wants a gayming system.

what i want is a mini itx threadripper and vega. probably a Design Core 500 case

you be you bro

Sup!

My lappy

old t430

work laptop

windows tablet

main laptop, 2570p + eGPU

How did you make the borders thin on Aero Lite theme?

housefire edition tho
getting a better case + cpu cooler soon

winaerotweaker

Planetside 2 at 8 FPS is disgusting. I'll buy a Ryzen 1600 next week. Fuck Intel.

are you serious about 8FPS?
I'm pretty sure you're doing something wrong.

Yep. Not even joking. 30 at this point during heavy firefights would really be great

Buy eight more GiB of ram.

Yo

>poorfag ssds

>it works fine for me

Speccy doesn't work for some reason.... Anyways
>Vega info soon™

Dude 1070 with fx8350 is also really bad i know it first-hand literally my setup

The only problem i have have is running out of ram.

old pc

The HDD became unbootable a couple days ago. I only had it for about a year and a half. Planning on replacing it with a decent-tier gaming desktop.

The crazy upgrade.

My pc overhaul: new thermaltake 630w psu,Cooler master tx3i cooler replacing stock Intel,more ram and a rx 470 8gb, usb3 addon card.

Had a bit of a problem with that sapphire rx470, kept crashing with stock settings.
Probably the old lga 1156 mobo is too old. (Or Thermaltake is a shitty brand, but i tested 12v voltage with a multimeter and it doesn't drop)

Used the sapphire Trixx tool to undervolt it (-120mv) ands lower memory and gpu clock, also triggered Fan speeds at lower temps.

Ran Furmark for a good 30 minutes, and later gta5 at max settings for a couple of hours, all good!

Now the card doesn't go over 65c, all is stable , no more AMD housefires and better Perf./watt ratio. Just 2-4 fps drop in furmark

Also added 16 gb of ram, it was quite cheap, so why not?
Added 2 leftover dvd drives because why not? I have 'em lying around lol.
Added ls-120 floppy drive . Useful for file transfer for older p3 and 486 pcs.

Nice to see that i5 is still around and kicking

I get by.

Ordered PG279Q, and soon i'll chang that for 1080ti in sli

SLI/CF is gay and so is anyone who thinks it's a good idea in any capacity.

I need more storage

I agree

seeing some of these rigs with super old gpus give me a comfy feel for some reason. i know those gpus aren't that old but it reminded me of the fact.

No i need more

tfw no comments

Does that thing not choke on only 4 gbs of ram? I thought windows had issues with large amounts of storage and small amounts of ram well.... I mean there's what 45~ TB I guess on a server thats not actually that much.

what the fuck

>get ransomware
>45TB of data now encrypted

>being dumb enough to get ransomware

Handles my needs fine. Honestly I see threads saying basically "oh look how fast my cpu is, look at my expensive as fuckton graphics card, look at my 1 petabyte 40GB ram mega ass home server" and I go like "huh" literately what's the point your trying to prove? That your a rich asshole who likes blowing money? No one fucking cares other than you. Go ahead, waste your money. In 40 yrs when its time for you to retire (if you can) enjoy trying to live off your reduced ass pension check (Yes, when you retire, you don't get the same salary every month, more like maybe 60-80 percent of it). You'll wish you saved all that money instead of blowing it.

>implying someone dumb enough to install Windows on a server isn't dumb enough to get ransomware

DDR3 slower than my DDR2-6400 - what?!

DOUBLE data rate.
Speccy reports the actual clock speed.