I sure hope none of you recommended the 3GB 1060

I sure hope none of you recommended the 3GB 1060

Other urls found in this thread:

majorgeeks.com/news/story/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how_to_disable_it.html
pcgamer.com/nvidias-telemetry-monitor-is-not-spying-on-you/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

65 FPS?
What do you need 52 FPS for?

I don't have 42 FPS

>tfw I have a GTX 1060 3GiB
>with a 1080p 144Hz monitor

S M O O T H
2 4 F P S
C I N E M A T I C
E X P E R I E N C E
G O Y

Just shit PC ports as usual nothing to see here

>4GB card getting better fps compared to a 3GB card

Yeah no shit

He should have used the 4GB version of the 1060

(you)

At least I don't support a trash company, what has AMD to offer?

Support for modern graphic technology
freesync
price competivness

Enjoy getting your epic g-sync 6000000$ monitor for you epic 1500$ card.

Nvifia will patch it

Come on, this is BS. Cherrypicking broken games is just as stupid when AMD does it.

>At least I don't support a trash company
But you do. majorgeeks.com/news/story/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how_to_disable_it.html

"The low vram won't matter for at least 4 years due to Nvidia's top tier compression." - Anonymous Nvidia Marketer

Freedom

Needs more JAY-PEG.

Compression only improves bandwidth capabilities though

It was a joke, but even so look at some of the 1440p results, the 3GB 1060 is choking , the 6GB card should be the minimum people buy, although the 570 and 580 are better choices anyways at the same price

>are better choices anyways at the same price
Too bad you can't find them at those prices at the moment due to cryptoniggers fucking up the market. Again. For the like 5th time now. Fuck cryptoniggers.

In Canada all RX models are sold out due to miners.

Same story in US?

AGAIN? This shit happened when I bought my R9 290. I managed to snatch a one close to release and after a month or so all of them either disappeared or were twice the price. Why do miners buy specifically AMD GPUs and not dedicated hardware for that stuff.

Same story in the UK. Miners fucking shit up all over.

antisemite

>but even so look at some of the 1440p results
1060 3 GB and 570 are both poor choices for 1440p desu. 1060 6 GB and RX 580 8 GB should be the bare minimum you're looking at here.
All the cheapest cards are completely sold out. RIP.

pcgamer.com/nvidias-telemetry-monitor-is-not-spying-on-you/

It has something to do with the RAM AMD is using on their GPUs I think. I don't do any mining, just what I've heard.

DELET THIS

the 570 is shit for 1440p though. the video shows clearly that these should only be used for 1080p.

The fact that there's no opt-out, only disabling the service manually is pretty bad in itself. And it's on by default now.

>4 GB
It's either 3 or 6

why would i want to opt out of a service which is literally designed to make my pc run optimally? if amd had this maybe their drivers won't be such garbage for indie titles. at least nvidia can be like "XX game is experiences many crashes with this driver, lets fix that". with amd they don't give a shit about indie titles. they just release optimized drivers for the big AAA games. their PoE drivers are still abortion tier and that's one of the most played games right now. same goes for battlegrounds.

I have 1060 6GB with same monitor. Even simply using the desktop is worth the 144Hz monitor

>this tool designed to extract information is not for spying on you
>believe us goy!

Help, a madman is trying to kill me over 30 fps

I don't know exactly what the issue is with Path of Exile, but from reading the Steam support forum it seems all sorts of different hardware has issues with this game. It's typical with Indie games that they don't run perfectly on everything. As for Battlegrounds, that's still in alpha and is one of the least optimized meme streamer games out there. Can't even get stable performance with a 7700K and 1080 ti. I've seen people streaming it at low detail and shadows off just to get stable framerate. It's trash.

>it seems all sorts of different hardware has issues with this game.
mainly AMD hardware. Nvidia have actually released dedicated drivers for it and it runs buttery smooth. it runs very bad on amd hardware to the point actual streamers who were sponsored by amd to play the game have had to cancel their contracts because the game doesn't even run properly on the amd hardware provided, even multiple configs of hardware. check youtube.

>Can't even get stable performance with a 7700K and 1080 ti
this is a straight up lie. i average well over 100 fps with just an i5 and a 1070. my mates even with 1060 3gb get 60 fps at high settings. there's plenty of evidence of this on youtube too from previous months where the game had less optimization.

I extract the installer files from the driver package and delete everything but the driver itself, that way no tracking bloat gets installed on my system.

With games like that it's often due to the game CPU choking because it's not multithreaded well enough and has shitloads of monsters and effects on-screen at the same time.

NVidia has more resources to throw at the problem of an alpha quality game that's poorly optimized. However, anyone buying a GPU just to play some meme buggy "early access" game like Battlegrounds is a retard anyway.
Good for you. You had to go through several extra hoops of bullshit. And the next time you update the drivers you have to do the same thing. Yay.

fukken saved

"The low vram won't matter for at least 4 years
delivered

>buy a gpu to play wide range of games
>only one company offers supports for the wider range

your reasoning is stupid. as has been said before, their drivers for non-mainstream games suck ass.

Better than a year ago when I ran 290X CF and had to use DDU and go through 3 reboots to be certain the driver would install cleanly and not fuck itself in some weird-ass way which required DDU to fix anyway.

>arguing in favor of a GPU because it plays an early access streameme bugfest better

Shit like this is why the entire x86 "enthusiast" "gayman" market needs to burn to the fucking ground.

This to be quite honest

>arguing in favor of a gpu because of his personal fanboyism

how can you defend worse game support? it's not even about "early access". fully released indies do exist you know. imagine having to boot up a game and it the driver crashes or you get unstable performance all because of amd's bad ogl driver or something similar. this needs to change.

who made this shitty graph?

Only 45fps?

But 35fps average is perfectly playable. 32fps is fine because the human eye cant see above 30.

24fps is the most cinematic anyway.

Miner fag here, because it's low risk and easy to savage or sell back when dif goes high or coin price down. Have a low investment money and doesn't require a pay up front deposit to buy.

If you're still talking about Path of Exile I found a lot of posts claiming you don't even need a powerful GPU and that the CPU is the real bottleneck here.

Most of these indie games run on literal potato PCs as it is. The min GPU for PoE is potato tier. Driver crashes are def. an issue, though. I'm not aware of any games with that paticular issue.

Honestly sounds like you're just grasping at straws at this point as most Indie games have low specs as it is.

AMD are binging on frames before they have to fast for the next two years

AHAHAHAHA see NVidia gets better minimums than AMD
Smoother experiences guys lmao have fun with your stutters

See sounds fucking stupid doesn't it?

>dedicated hardware for that stuff
ASICs cost thousands and if mining goes tits up then you can't sell them on because they cannot be used for anything else. They're only really used by chinks with factories full of them getting free electricity. GPUs, while not as efficient, can at least be sold on to recoup loses.

Shill

How do they get free electricity?

Just what I heard from someone else who mines. Guess he meant cheaper electric than in the US making it impossible to compete with them.

fairly priced cards which will give you decent performance for several years to come rather than turning into utter dog shit when its 3.5 GB memory runs low. will nvidiots ever learn?

Except the driver itself now contains telemetrics

>mfw finally save the money for a RX 580
>all of them are sold out.

It's not fear.

garbage bait

i gots the 6gb 1070 and it does me well

>AMD drivers are terrible!
>I can't play PUBG because NoVidya hasn't released a Game Ready Driverâ„¢ yet

Gee, if only you had some piece of hardware that could do that job for any game, some sort of hardware scheduler

>tfw I own two (housefires) 780 with both 3gb version

Why bother?

>my $500 card is fine, it's much better than the $200 card
Gee golly whiz

>games don't need drivers
>drivers don't matter!

spoken like a true fanboy

Which do nothing

All you need to do is tune your settings a bit to get playable framerates at 1440p on a 570, mostly just drop any tessellation and shadows

Battlegrounds is on the ARMA engine isn't it? Easily one of the worst modern game engines

I have a 1070 fuck off cunt

stop complaining 24 fps is very good ok?

Wanted the Radeon 570, got the 1060 3GB cos the Radeon wasn't available anywhere in UK at that time.

Ah well.

What display are you running?

Resell it to some pleb and make some cash

1080p at 60fps feels nice to run nearly any game at 60 fps without the card breaking 60c and without having to turn down any settings

But you could have done that with a 480/580 or 1060, a 1070 is a total waste for 1080p 60hz, I'm so sorry you feel for the meme user

I refuse to buy anything from amd they are crooks and as for the 1060 people say so the time they have to disable this or that feature to make it run at 60 I have never once regretted my decision to buy this card and I won't in the future when 4k oled monitors hit the market and I finally feel a need to upgrade

>I refuse to buy anything from amd they are crooks

Which is why i didnt buy the 970