Why is the surface so expensive?

Why is the surface so expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/wacom-bamboo-ink-smart-stylus-black/5731102.p?skuId=5731102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's microsoft trying to compete with apple at the apple price bracket.
Except it's actually worse and they're literally selling $2100 laptops that can't even run win32 applications, or dev tools or even other OSes.

>Except it's actually worse and they're literally selling $2100 laptops that can't even run win32 applications, or dev tools or even other OSes.
I have a Surface that had Windows 10 installed and it was great for gayming using win32 applications but then I got tired of only playing games and not contributing at all to the wonderful world that is games so I downloaded dev tools to make my own games and they worked fine but then I got sick of the Win10 botnet and Cortana's stupid shit with candy and such so I wiped my drive and installed Ubuntu and now I comfortably write games on Ubuntu on a Surface.
Screw you.

I love how they always show the lockscreen in promo materials because that's literally the only somewhat aesthetic part of Windows.

You can game with integrated Intel Graphics?

If you're a man of my tastes, sure you can. I like Valve games, indie RPGs, and emulating Nintendo titles that I actually do own (so it's not illegal) but lost when I was young.

Yes? Especially if it's Iris.

Does ubuntu recognize all the touch and pen capabilities of the surface?

Its not that bad, its a tablet with good laptop hybrid features and strong hardware

Lots of R&D went into it so they have to cover that too

>a man of my tastes
>valve, indie rpgs, emulating nintendo titles

It is illegal if you use a virtual copy of a physical game. Even if you own the game.

What's the newest model? I guess it's the Surface Pro, but they have surface pro 2, 3, and 4.

The Surface Pro 4 (v2)

Yes, after you do this:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tigerite/kernel
sudo apt update
sudo apt install linux-surface

Then you uninstall your other kernels so you don't accidentally boot them instead, and then there's this xinput config snippet you copy from stack overflow or something to get the pressure sensitivity working right for gimp and related applications

they've learned a new trick from apple on how to scam idiots

MS thinks that this will put it in the same ballpark as Apple. You know, Calvin Klein, melons, etc.

The real question is, can you fulfill the nerevarine prophecy with the surface?

not if you dump your own copy

with what legal emulator can you play said copy?

There are no illegal emulators (unless they include original software with them)

Shareholder value must increase.

They don't even include the pen anymore
Ridiculous

That's why you either buy past generation at a more reasonable price, wait until the holidays for when the price drops or there's a proper bundle.

The base price decreased by $100 to compensate for the pen no longer being included. This isn't an actual issue.

They're not, you're just poor

That's a good thing, they made it cheaper

The new pen is loaded with fancy features but if you don't want it you can get the Surface Pro 4 pend for like $40 instead

They are pretty expensive..

but they're much cheaper than a wacom cintiq. I draw anime shit on mine and it works fantastic.

Poo in the loo, not on the street.

Wacom made a dual protocol pen that works with both Ntrig and AES. Solves pretty much all of the issues with the Surface pen such as drastically reduced jitter and lowers the input lag even more.

Works on the SP3 and SP4.

Yeah but how much would they be charging?

$60 at best buy

bestbuy.com/site/wacom-bamboo-ink-smart-stylus-black/5731102.p?skuId=5731102

Here's a test of the Wacom Pen. Looks pretty damn good compared to the Surface Pen.
>done on a SP3

$70

But it hasn't actually been officially announced yet, it's missing features that it's supposed to have

How do I learn to be rich

Go to college :^)

But all I got from college was debt and a piece of paper.

Welcome to capitalism