Free Antivirus

Avira vs Avast; which is better?

Neither

Avast has a better looking interface

both are placebo

Common Sense

/thread

Someone explain this common sense meme to me?

How is using no antivirus better than using any antivirus?

>how is not using malware better than using malware
i don't know, you tell me. what purpose do you think those programs that have full access to all your files at all times that just so happen to phone home at all times have?
how tech illiterate do you have to be to actually think that av are not harmful.
firewall+ublock+umatrix, no flash, no java, updates and common sense. occasional scans with malwarebytes.

>sketchy looking .exe file
you: hm I don't trust this but my AV will protect me, right?

go kill yourself

>how tech illiterate do you have to be to actually think that av are not harmful.
Got any proof to back that up? inb4 muh freedom

>Implying it only involves .exe files
Kek

Sure, go ahead. Keep using "common sense" as if that wasn't the norm already.

I'll use that myself including antivirus/anti malware software.

>he uses antiviruses

gentoo

How about testing them out for yourself to see which one you like? Cause no on here uses an antivirus, most of us aren't dumbshits like you are that gets infected somehow.

kaspersky
there is tons of free key giveaways for each version

do images like these ever really make someone feel insecure

Bitdefender

Avast stopped being good a long time ago, and Avira installs some shit into Chrome that is next to impossible to remove. Basically both are bloated, install unnecessary crap, while Bitdefender is a very basic AV scanner, but is has a high detection rate, and low false positive rates.

Or you know Common Sense Professional 2018+Malwarebytes+FF w/uBlock Origin and malware domain blocker lists installed.

This or windows defender if your a poor fag. Or literally install gentoo

Malwarebytes anti-malware, glasswire, and CCleaner are all I use. The whole "common sense" thing is knowing what files you're downloading it handling off of the internet. As well as what sites you're visiting. I've been without dedicated anti-virus for close to a decade now and haven't gotten a single virus.

If you're really paranoid you can get a 3rd party firewall like Comodo.

>Implying it only involves .exe files
>Kek

What else do you think an AV protects from?

You willingly giving out your password to a pajeet?

Probably people who have had a group of women laugh at them before. Sup Forums and /r9k/ fit the bill.

Comodo because installgentoo wiki told me

use your brain, using antivirus is like using training wheels on a bicycle for the whole life

It means to have some common sense and use Linux.

>memearrowing his memearrows
meta

None, become a internet savant.