Brave is GOAT.

I thought it was a meme... not anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/browser-laptop
github.com/brave/browser-ios
github.com/brave/link-bubble
brave.com/about.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Desktop version still not polished enough, Android version works flawlessly.

That's my experience so far.

What do you like about it, OP?

botnet shit
What happened to Sup Forums?

this is an advertisment, sage it

wtf i love Brave(tm) now

Retards like you call botnet everything they don't like, so that word is meaningless now.

did brave botnet found way to solve captcha on Sup Forums for posting ad?

So is this actually botnet or is that a meme?

>streaming videos didn't work with chromium
>install this
>it just werks

is this shit botnet or not

>FOSS Browser made by the co-founder of Firefox and Mozilla is a botnet.

I guess Firefox is also a botnet now. What happened to Sup Forums?

Only good on iPhone because it's a non jailbreak adblocker

>Brave web browser, which blocked ads and trackers and included a micropayments system to offer users a choice between viewing selected ads or paying websites not to display them.
BOTNET

>Offering users the option to support the websites they like and see ads without tracking pixels is a botnet

Also why are you using past tense like a retard, oh nvm you just copy-pasted that shit and clearly don't know/care about what Brave actually does.

Again, what happened to Sup Forums?

ok you're download garbage for triggering us and prove nothing for no one
now go back to retarddit

isn't this just a chromium reskin?

>Don't use chromeium + ublock to block ads
>use our own skinned version of chromium, which charges you to clock ads
You're either a dumbfuck or a shill

Most recent web browsers are.

>charges you to clock ads

Why bother to lie on the internet, when anybody who has installed and used Brave can clearly see that you are spreading FUD.

What's next? Brave deleted my primary partition?

The desktop browser is created with a fork of Github's Electron and Chromium.

github.com/brave/browser-laptop

The iOS browser is a fork of Firefox for iOS, which is a Swift app developed from scratch by Mozilla.

github.com/brave/browser-ios

The Android browser is Link Bubble, which is a wrapper around the default Android browser

github.com/brave/link-bubble

>lying about things they publicly admit on their website
let me guess, wikipedia is fake news too

Post the link of their official website when they say that Brave "charges you to clock ads"

500,000,000,000,000,000 Rupees (0.00 USD) have been deposited to your account.

>brave.com/about.html
>Brave aims to transform the online ad ecosystem with micropayments and a new revenue-sharing solution to give users and publishers a better deal

that's so weird, I used it and it blocked ads without me paying a cent. Are you sure you're not a retard?

Only because they don't have the ability to do it right now. It's in their mission statement that they will, & if they ever get significant market share they will as soon as they can

scary stuff. If they ever do that I'll make sure to stop using it

>node
>js

>Brave aims to transform the online ad ecosystem with micropayments

This means that they give you the OPTION to donate money to website you choose.

How is this related to your claim of evil Brave forces you to pay to block ads?

> new revenue-sharing solution to give users and publishers a better deal

This is related to their Brave Ads stuff that again is OPTIONAL and uses non-tracking pixels, Basic attention token, etc.

How is this related to your claim of evil Brave forces you to pay to block ads?

Just in case your brain damage doesn't allow yo to understand you can use Brave and block all ads and trackers just like you do with your current browser.

> It's in their mission statement that they will

No, it isn't you are just a faggot spreading FUD and anyone who isn't retarded can' clearly see that.

The real questions is what are your motives to lie about Brave?

>the cancer which destroyed Sup Forums

but user Sup Forums IS the cancer

Kek, faggots who defend this should hang themselves. Why would you not just install firefox and ublock and be done with it? Why would you even conpromise and let ads in? I think im beginning to see levels of normies. Normies would just let all ads in and do nothing to stop it like the brainless sheep they are. Tech nornies would let SOME ads in and call it progressive and beneficial when the real problem is the developer of the ad is forcing popups and giant flashing ads to sell a product that no one wants. Why cant the brave shills go kill themselves

>This means that they give you the OPTION to donate money to website you choose.
bull shit
Since when has a corporation ever relied on giving customers the option to pay for its services

>installs SJWfox
>talks about normies in a negative light

at least since google, so 1995?

I don't give a fuck about your delusions, You clearly have no real argument against Brave. Your FUD only makes me wonder what your true intentions are.

>hur hur muh sjwfox
What browser isnt pozzed in some faggot? None. Browsers are utter shit and there exists no single good one or you wouldnt have threads popping up every day about which browser should i use. Least firefox doesnt have some bullshit ad blocking scheme going on. Not saying their any better with how they have handled development of it though.

If you could run ublock/umatrix with it I would use it as my main

Clearly I do and you're trying to tiptoe around their own business model to shill your botnet shit

It's become my main backup browser. I just wish the UI wasn't so fucking awful and slow. Jesus Christ.

But I don't want to support them, user.

I didn't gave a fuck about Firefox's business model when Eich was in charge and I don't give a fuck about Brave's now either.

The fact remains that literally all your posts are baseless and nothing but conjecture.

>conjecture
AKA using your brain

Yeah ok, let's just trust the micropayment-based web browser to do what's in our best interests. No need to look any further into it :^)

To fair they have some fairly big players when it comes to online privacy, including a dev that worked on Tor, HTTPS everywhere, privacy badger and more.

Their entire Browser is based around the fact that it's privacy oriented, it would be incredibly fucking retarded of them to then just start going full botnet and kill their project.

But user right now they're appealing to the technology-enthusiast crowd. Once they gain traction, their userbase will shift to being mostly made of normalfags who don't care about privacy at all. Once that happens there's nothing stopping it from going full botnet.

So your dislike is based on conjecture you made because of Sup Forums's boogeyman stories. Ok.

I just don't trust that corporations have my best interests at heart. I also don't think a micropayment-based browser is necessary or wanted, so there's no reason to use it.

>Once they gain traction, their userbase will shift to being mostly made of normalfags
That will never happen though.
>Once that happens there's nothing stopping it from going full botnet.
Apart from being open source.

Also, I think you misunderstand how the payment think works, it has nothing to do with adblocking, it's basically a glorified patreon, you add bitcoins to your "wallet", and it will be distributed among the websites you visit most, that's it.

>I just don't trust that corporations have my best interests at heart.
Do, you you use a self coded browser or something? Because the risk of botnet will always be there.

Hmm who should I trust? People who have been working their wholes lives for privacy and security on the web or some anonymous shitposter who only knows how to write FUD.

Fun fact: Yan is also a Tor developer and an Electronic Frontier Foundation fellow.

Of course google doesn't have my best interests at heart, but at least their product adds value. All Brave is trying to do is adding micropayments to browsing the internet

Just to prove how illogical the fear mongering of this guy is.

Brave currently, unlike Firefox, has Google's Widevine™ DRM disable by default. So, a normie who installs Brave and wants to play Netflix will have an obstacle there because he will have to install it, thus making Brave less attractive to the average Joe.

If Brave has this evil plan, like this faggot is suggesting, of becoming super popular and once that is done spreading its botnet (what the fuck does that even mean according to this retard?). Then you could say there are doing a pretty terrible job so far.

>has widevine disabled
>that makes adding micropayments to their web browser okay
Whatever you fucking shill. Keep pushing your botnet garbage, nobody is ever going to use it

Reminder to report and sage all the shill Brave-promoting threads. It's literally adware

>All Brave is trying to do is adding micropayments to browsing the internet
And you know. Privacy.

To be honest at least they are up front with their revenue source and are working to make it as secure and private as possible. Mozilla makes all their money from Yahoo, "donations" and just good old fashioned sponsored content.

>you should only be allowed to use the botnet garbage I use REEEE

How is brave any more privacy-friendly than chromium + uBlock?

privacy-enhancing microtransactions, of course

To be fair, wouldn't ad replacements be a good thing? You know, replacing all the shitty ads filled with analytics and other shit for ones that protects users privacy?

Right now? Not by much. But I did say trying.
Also, HTTPS everywhere.

>not by much
Not at all, you mean. There is nothing brave offers in terms of privacy that can't be obtained through existing browser addons.
The "compromise" it offers only benefits advertisers.
No thanks

Brave crashes on long pastebin sites for me. On Android.

OP here tis teh best browsa eva goy. Gib shekels to my botnet

How does proving the lack of sense of your stupid fear mongering is related to Brave Micropayments in any way, You are literally moving the goalpost.

There is literally nothing wrong with an OPTIONAL feature that lets you donate to your favorite sites, Regardless of whether Brave disables DRM by default or no.