pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread >>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fAkmFDz4Hgg
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-dolch-keycap-set/
aliexpress.com/store/product/87-keys-mechanical-keyboard-TKL-tenkeyless-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-blue-red-87-compact/818123_32285359058.html
search.pccasegear.com/search?asug=&view=list&w=Ducky
twitter.com/jessleenyc/status/869239061717843971
winkeyless.kr/product/bbb_acrylic-case-with-rgb-diffuser/
youtu.be/OqkXz4elNuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

memes

What are the alternatives?

What does Sup Forums think of WASD doubleshot PBT? I didn't see any mention of them in the FAQ.

bought this meme recently, how'd i do /mkg/?

You tell us. Does it feel like an upgrade?

>(2.51 MB, 2896x1944)
Are you trying to put chinkmoot out of business or something? Resize your grainy-ass fucking image.

yeah it does, i was typing on a corsair k70 with blue switches, this feels alot better.

tell me how then senpai, spoonfeed me like a little baby.

Better how?

well now im typing on browns instead of blues, the switches on the k70 were wobbling all the time which sucks. The keyboard itself is sturdier and heavier which I like plus the 60% format looks better imho.

Lighter or heavier keypress compared to the MX blues?

lighter imo

>Are you trying to put chinkmoot out of business or something?
Why do you give a fuck, are you paying for the bandwidth for him?

Anne Pro, Tada68, or the Magicforce 68?

What do I get?

Pok3r

Anne Pro if you're fine with no dedicated arrow keys and want RGB and/or bluetooth, TADA68 if you don't care about RGB but need arrow keys, Magicforce if you want a more standard layout for a bit cheaper than the other two. If I'm not mistaken, the Anne Pro is the only one with NKRO if you care about that.
I own the first two in Gateron reds and browns respectively.

Should I upgrade from a chink gateron red to g810 for $30?
Seems like they're reds with tactical bump, but no one talks about those switches here.

I don't, I just don't like waiting for images to load because some mongoloid uploaded a 4000x3000 jpg.

youtu.be/fAkmFDz4Hgg

australian_anthem.flac.m4a.mp3

Are there any cherry keycaps that resemble these?

Is there a way to dampen the sound of when a key when it comes back up? I saw a weird key dampening thing that connects to the actual switch and I think it dampens the sound when the key comes back up too.

wait next round

pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-dolch-keycap-set/

Someone wanna post the buyer's guide and/or actually link to the previous thread or what?

>Budget
$50 - $100
>Location (continent at least)
United States
>Preferred switch type
From what I have read, probably brown or clear. Planning to do a fair amount of typing with it for the rest of the year.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Optional, but will require an physical switch on the keyboard to turn on and off
>Previous/current keyboards
I have a Saitek Cyborg keyboard that I received as a gift some 8 or 9 years ago that I stuck with for the longest while. Pic related. My favorite aspect about the keyboard was the detachable bottom piece that helped raised my wrist off the desk. I don't know if that's something I'll miss with a new keyboard, though I don't need another gaming keyboard.

Just what I needed.

Ducky Zero

Hi guys. Any suggestions?

>Budget
Up to $250

>Location (continent at least)
Australia

>Preferred switch type
MX brown

>Layout
Whatever the normal one is

>Form factor
100%

>Backlight
Rgb

>Previous/current keyboards
Razer lycosa

Ducky

Just got a Ducky One with black switches and white LEDs. I like it.

If you have a keyboard with plate-mounted switches, you could get Zealencios. If your switches are PCB mounted, you could get GMK QMX-Clips. Supposedly GMK are working on plate-mount versions of the QMX-Clips too.

Ganss 87key with MX Clears. Get a separate numpad later.
aliexpress.com/store/product/87-keys-mechanical-keyboard-TKL-tenkeyless-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-blue-red-87-compact/818123_32285359058.html

So I got a Filco keyboard with Cherry MX Browns some 6 or 7 years ago and have done a lot of typing with it to the point where almost all of the keycaps are shiny and the printed letter on top of many of the keys is starting to give way. I even went through graduate school with it.

I've always heard that the advantage of mechanical keyboards is that the tactile nature lets you avoid "bottoming out" the keys, thus saving your fingers from carpal tunnel syndrome or whatever, but in my experience, it is impossible to learn to type this way. In all that I've typed on this keyboard, I've ALWAYS bottomed out the keys. I can only assume that the ability to actuate the keys without bottoming out is only relevant for gaming because when I'm typing, there is no way I can "float" on the keys and avoid bottoming out.

Do people really type that way, or is the whole getting a mechanical keyboard to avoid bottoming out the keys just a meme?

How is this keyboard and what is typing on it like, re: the variable weight switches.

It depends on the switch, I can't really do it on blues, but it's very natural on cherry clears, which is why they're my favourite switch.

Are there any programmable or unorthodox-layout Topre boards, or is that solely the Cherry-compatibles' domain?
Can you even get individual Topre switches?

How does the lifespan of topre switches compare with Cherry mechanical switches?

There's aftermarket programmable controllers for the HHKB and FC660C

No unorthodox layouts yet, but there is a guy making a split column-staggered concave Topre keyboard

No, you have to harvest them from regular Topre keyboards, the same guy has made individual Topre switch PCBs though.

I'm using a Corsair Strafe RGB with cherry blues myself, but its the only mech keyboard I've ever used. Still, a whole lot nicer than rubberdomes.
Good for gaming, nice to type on, the only issue I could mention with it is the spacebar has a "gripped texture" that slightly rubs on my thumb a little annoyingly, but otherwise lovely.
Should fall into your price range.
Cost me £100 (GBP) on sale, though Amazon lists it at £150.
Worth a look.

looks like rebranded vortex to me based on that pic

Well lets see. Topre claims 50 million keypresses with no chatter issues, while cherry says 0

>filco with browns
oh fuck, don't summon that guy

I actually can type pretty well without bottoming out on MX blacks if I'm trying not to make much noise (at the expense of quite a bit of typing speed). But yeah, my experience with buckling springs is the same as yours with browns. I can hear the click and feel the actuation, but the increase in force after the actuation point isn't nearly enough to prevent me from bottoming out. I think the benefit is more to keep me from bottoming out at full force (if I even cared--I mostly just like the feel).

On another note, if your caps suck there are a lot of good options these days like enjoypbt. You clearly use the board a ton, so getting a brand new set of PBT caps will probably make the entire thing feel new again.

It's a rubber dome, will wear out/stiffer every day.

Does it wear out or stiffer?

Suck a dick you piece of shit Australian.

JESUS FUCK FIX THAT CABLE MESS

Topres are more durable then cherry switches, but since they are rubber domes they will get a mushy feeling over time

ill try friendo, ill try

Ducky Shine 6
search.pccasegear.com/search?asug=&view=list&w=Ducky
Since this distributor is based in Australia you don't have to wait for 1 month shipping.

>buy a topre board
>feels like shit at first but after a few weeks cant go back to a cherry board

is this sunk cost fallacy?

Ordering this today.

I hope split space 60/65%s become more common

This one is 40%, I'm probably going to use it with my phone because it has usb-c.

yeah I know. 40%s are pretty cumbersome for home use which is why I hope slightly bigger versions of split space bar keyboards become more commonplace

Why would you need a keyboard for your phone? I never get people that do this

What's the point of these keyboards?
There is no way you can be as productive as TKL or full size and it doesn't look good either
So why people buy this kind of shit?

those side legends are sexy

It's better than a touch screen keybaord.

Hi /mkg/, I'm looking for a specific keycap (Or a set of keycaps if it only comes in a set.)

All I need is a white on black key for the Windows/Super key that actually says SUPER as opposed to Windows or the Windows logo.

I looked on Pimp My Keyboard and MechanicalKeyboards.com to no avail.

Thanks!

Seems like the only option

>Topres are more durable then cherry switches

citation needed.

dude wtf i love mechanical keyboards now!

twitter.com/jessleenyc/status/869239061717843971

Actuation is not contact based meaning it doesn't wear down and cause chatter. Topre only suffers from the cup rubber wearing down over time, reducing tactile feedback.

Just look at the data sheets. Capacitive switches are always more durable then contact based switches. That's why honeywell hall effect switches can have a 3,000,000,000+ keypress life cycle

Wondering this myself, at least for people who intend to use these for their desktop computer, what is even the point. I regularly use Home, End, and the arrow keys while typing pretty much any text. Just typing and editing this post, I've used those keys several times each. Having to hold a function key to do any of those things would slow me down considerably.

Except users on geekhack have already confirmed that their HHKB domes have already started stiffening with 45g domes actuating at 50+g

Nor acceptable for such an expensive board.

I prefer my BTC 5100

>topre

desu I have a Pok3r and I much prefer pressing caps and ijkl for arrows ome and end, I wish my filco had it without having to use ahk or similar tools

Why the fuck does it say desu in front of my comment I don't even use that type of language

if you say t-b-h it changes to 'desu'

Ah, thanks, I thought filters weren't a thing anymore

Typing without bottoming out requires practice and/or the right switch depending on how coordinated you are. If you're ham fisted you will never manage it.

Even if you do bottom out the spring's higher resistance at bottom of travel will lessen the force of the impact, which helps prevent tendinitis caused by repeated shock to the finger joints.

Why is the bottom of your keyboard illuminated?

Mood lighting

Aesthetics

Welcome to Sup Forums. Enjoy the summer.

N E W
E
W

In addition to the Filco with Cherry Browns, I also have a Unicomp with buckling springs, but I hardly ever use it. I don't really enjoy typing on the Unicomp because the key actuation pressure is so much higher than on the Filco (I'm bottoming out with that too, albeit not strongly). I think that I generally type slower and less accurately on the Unicomp, which I attribute to the higher actuation pressure, but maybe that is because I'm more used to lighter keys and just never got used to the buckling spring keys. That's why I'm a little skeptical about the heavier Cherry Clears, but they don't seem anywhere near as heavy as buckling spring keys, so I'm not sure.

Do you think I would benefit from going to Cherry Clears, or is being able to float type just a matter of preference? If I could reduce the key travel distance, I feel like I could type a bit faster, but I'm not sure how easily I will be able to adapt.

Is it possible to hook a pok3r pbt to an iPad pro??

Lewd

How hard is it to use JIS if I am accustomed to ANSI? Thinking of getting an HHKB JP but I don't know if I dig the shorter spacebar and 1u backspace.

nice mpk ii user, do you like yours? I've had mine for a couple years and have not done much with it.

why do you want a HHKB JP anyways?

I got this keyboard a while back and tried using it in finalburnalpha for fighting games but I coudn't press more than 3 buttons at a time before it would stop registering the input, what happened I thought mechanical keyboards didn't have that problem, or do some of them have to be set up first?

For the dedicated arrow keys, but I guess that kind of defeats the whole purpose behind the HHKB Pro 2 layout (never needing to move your fingers off the home row).

Plug it into the ps/2 port. It's a usb issue that some newer boards use firmware hacks to work around.

oh ok, that's weird I didn't know that was an issue

Is there a term for a 75% keyboard with a numpad?

that's usually just called a 96-key layout I think

>source?

that keyboard in the pic is called the ZZ96, but there are several 96 key keyboards available

Can you guys tell me what is that led base used in this one? Where can I buy something like this?

winkeyless.kr/product/bbb_acrylic-case-with-rgb-diffuser/

Thanks!

youtu.be/OqkXz4elNuU

lol

Bought a used quickfire tk MX blue board today. Pretty cheap, used minimally and my first mechanical. Planning to take all keys out and put in a slightly warm soapy solution. Then using pressurised air or something else to clean debris from switches and base. Then isopropyl 90% wipes on the whole thing. Does that sound fine? Any other cleaning ideas?
>inb4 used boards probably being used while masturbating, eating, and nose picking.