Hey Sup Forumsbros

Hey Sup Forumsbros
I have 2x120mm GPU rads mounted as exhaust on top on this case. It gets SUPER hot (but GPUs hover around 70c on full load).

What are my options? I can take it off but it's not pretty desu. I don't have experience cutting holes and don't have any tools to do so.

youtube.com/watch?v=i_Mso3V5SAw&feature=youtu.be&t=206

well it wath happens when u buy a shit case.
but hey it looks fabcy and is expensive must be good.

fast solution just keep it open the lateral panel and clean dust with a brush or compressed air.

Damn you didn't have to shit on it :(
Phanteks makes good cases that are solidly built and less expensive than InWin.

So if I keep it open I can just toss it to the back of the desk so I won't see that ugly ass case?

find someone with a drill press user. drill holes evenly spaced for ventilation, it's not rocket surgery.

Nothing but increase fan speed to prevent the radiator from getting hot and thus transferring the heat to the case, even if you cut open holes in the case it will still happen as the radiator is in constant contact with the chassis.

The "coolant temperature" usually reported by software from closed loops like kraken x61 or corsair h100i, etc, it's not the temperature of the liquid inside the unit but the temperature of the copper plate inside the CPU water block and usually the average temperature would be based on the amount of heat the block can dissipate, which is why running the fans at 100% barely makes any difference in temperatures of the CPU/GPU compared to running the fans at 50%.
"coolant temperature" reports are unreliable and you should rely on GPU/CPU core temperatures instead.
However, running the fans at 100% will prevent the radiator from getting how, even if it makes no difference in the coolant temperate or the CPU/GPU temperature it will prevent the case from getting hot.

tl;rd don't want the case to get hot? don't let the radiator get hot

Something like this?

That is a good point desu.

If I put spacers in between the rads and the case will that help a bit?

I will try increasing the fans speeds a bit, although I've found the perfect noise/rpm ratio with the SilentWing3's I put to replace the stock fans.

Btw if I flip the fans for the GPUs so it's an "intake" from the top will that help? I have 2 120mm fans in front for cold air intake and a H80i rad in the rear for "exhaust" (set as push/pull).

You want to exhaust hot air outside the case as soon as possible.
Hot air inside the case will be just reused and get even hotter, cool air will find a way inside the case either by the grills, hole etc. it's would impossible to make a case vacuum just with exhaust fans.
increase fans.

Don't want noise? should have gottena huge notcua heat sink instead, closed loops are a meme.

I could still get the noctua but don't think that's gonna help the dual GPU rad issue. These things get really hot and it'd be impossible to have 2 of them next to each other in close proximity without running on liquid.

Maybe I can find someone online to do the mod for me :^)

You could try putting the radiators on the front and move the 2x120mm fans to the top as exhaust.

Since the case is so small-ish, I can only fit 1 of the rads in front :(
(Did you mean intake with 2 rads in front?)

Probably have to mod it hard to fit the second rad in front.

Yeah the two rads in front.

Don't think I can fit 2nd one in front desu :(

lmao you're fucked.
You could put one and then move the second one on the top as intake sucking in fresh air from the top and then have the radiator on the back suck it off.

Lel yeah I'm pretty fucked. The Witcher 3 really makes it run hot I can cook eggs on the case xDDD

So I have 2 intake fans in front....remove both and put 1 of the GPU rads in front? And make the 2nd GPU rad on top as intake?

What about da 2 fans I has?

Was thinking I could just get a single 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid (rad version from EVGA) and sell the 980Ti's....but that card is still 280watts and will still run hot I think.

Also need dem CUDA cores :(

Are those vents not covered by some sort of mesh?

Can you clear anything between fans and panel?

You put one radiator ni front with the fan as intake sucking in fresh air, radiator < fan < case
same with the top radiator
case

fan

radiator

Well I think user meant two round holes over the fans, but what you posted will do.

If you have the cash or the connections what you could do is have a decal made, and cut into the top panel with a water jet.
Perhaps even the front panel too while your at it man. If you must mod, just go full ham.

They're open vents, but super tiny slit with mesh in between (for dust obviously). I think it was built for intake only.

I meant will I lose the fans I have in there already?
Sorry I'm dumb :(

Been trying to figure this out for months.

just move the fans

You need more exhaust than intake.
You don't want hot air to continue flowing through your cade.,

That's not drilled holes, that's a section cut out and mesh bolted to it. It's a good idea, but I fucking hate the look of bolts sticking through a panel. I hated windowed cases for that reason until companies started mounting them cleanly. If you do go that route, just use some epoxy to hold the mesh to the underside of the panel instead of ugly-ass bolts.

Yeah that mesh you mention. If it's anything like pic related that extremely restrictive.
You don't need to worry about dust ingress through exhausts like that. Particularly because it has to fall straight into those little slits.
With the panel off and the whole top panel open I agree dust may fall into the case, but I'd start by getting that mesh out of there and see if that changes anything.

>but I fucking hate the look of bolts sticking through a panel
Can look sweet with countersunk slotted screws imo, but chunky knots like that aren't too hot

Forgot the fucking picture as well

Most case panels aren't thick enough to countersink anything.

Coincidentally they are on an Enthoo Evolv

I can def afford a mod (as long as it's not a billion dollaroos), but need someone to do it. Know anyone?

Too lazy to move to an ATX case and also the size of mATX is so cute and portable.

I will try that

Well you'd need to find a smithy with a water jet that services private consumers in your area. Where are you based?
The trick is obviously finding out what you want cut into the panel. Because if you don't care about a particular design, you may as well go with the round holes from the drill press another user mentioned.
Are the top fans 120 or 140mm?

I live in Hell A so I'm sure there's a bunch of ppl around with this capability. The problem is I do care about the design of it, very picky.

Top rads are 120mm (although case supports 140mm).

I just wish the idiots at Phanteks had an option for another top.

A lot of water jets can use an image, and don't need an actually CAD format.
So find someone who can do a decal you'd like cut into it. If it doesn't already exist

Nice desu senpai
Sounds like a side fun project

It's basically ricing you IRL desktop
That shit isn't just for androidfags any longer
And it doesn't have to be "I'm 12 check out this epic biohazard warning sign grille"

I want to thank you user, this literally fixed my issue :^)

Now GPUs just hover around 67-68c at max (one of them is lower) and the case stays cool.

It doesn't look pretty but oh welllllll xDDDDD