What's so bad about the European Union to have an army?

What's so bad about the European Union to have an army?

There's already NATO

Nobody actually wants to fight for the EU but America.

You sure we wanna fight another war for your continent, Hans?

yes. that's your countries only purpose. To warmonger wherever there is the opportunity.

It turns out the aim of EU was to replace native Europeans with Africans and Arabs. Who knew.

Nobody actually wants to fight.

That's why compulsory military service got abolished here, and I'm totally fine with it. This should be done in every country... but I guess I'm too idealistic.

>Nobody actually wants to fight.

I'm not talking about terrorists. They are animals and don't count desu.

The problems with the EU are:
1. It's not democratic enough.
2. The EU as a whole and individual countries need more laws to protect against immigration and that enable the deportation of non-EU citizens.

With those conditions the EU would be fine, but most people fail to understand its political significance.
The EU is necessary for Europe to keep its prosperity and enables each of its member states to project their political influence on the rest of the world, but try explaining that to the plebs.

Because it would be useless for powerful enough countries.

I mean, we didn't invest billions of € in nuclear deterrence to be merged with countries that spent less in their own militaries.

>That's why compulsory military service got abolished here, and I'm totally fine with it
This is the worst that could be done.

You end up with a whole population of fat lazy fucks who can't fight, and that have no bound with the military.
a.k.a the people has no way to survive if there ever is a civil war, it also has no ways of surviving in case of revolution against a very authoritarian government. It also has no ways of doing a coup with the help of the military, since, well, only people in the military have links in the military.

war is terrible that's why

instead of talking about an EU army talk about a UN army that is free from any government control

UN UN UN

fuck off.

Nice bait

>You end up with a whole population of fat lazy fucks who can't fight, and that have no bound with the military.

Implying that's a bad thing.

>a.k.a the people has no way to survive if there ever is a civil war, it also has no ways of surviving in case of revolution against a very authoritarian government. It also has no ways of doing a coup with the help of the military, since, well, only people in the military have links in the military.

If nobody can fight, there will be no civil war.

>what's so bad about a trade union having a standing army

Powerful enough? It's hilarious. Especially if Europe split.

>Giving more power to EU bureaucats

>taking money without paying back your debts

The EU is more comparable to the Galactic Republic

>You end up with a whole population of fat lazy fucks who can't fight, and that have no bound with the military.
>it also has no ways of surviving in case of revolution against a very authoritarian government
The French are complete retards when it comes to how government and military should run.

If it weren't for our neighbour in the east we wouldn't even need army. War between Sweden (or Norway) and Finland is less likely than Alien invasion. War between Estonia and Finland would the pointless war (neither would cross the sea) and extremely unlikely as well.
We could literally live in peace for ever.

Enlighten us with your ideas instead of calling everyone a retard, faggot.

this.

You do realise that's even worse and not what anyone signed up for.

>thinking anything good comes from EU control
who are you, clueless ukies?

Greek denbt taking was literally done with American blessing.

UN is usa , just like nato.
normandy boys didn't go wasted,yuropoors got obligations

Because the EU is a joke. It's a currency union that can pass laws.

Nobody wants to fight for a country which is filled with immigrants that are the reason for further cuts on your meagre soldier-wage, you mean?

basically, this way of thinking : would make it impossible.
Public opinion and politicians have no idea about how important military is, they can't see past their nose either.
And since in most countries in the EU, those political leaders don't control the military directly, they never take the time or have the opportunity to realise/learn about their military.

The EU makes terrible decisions that i
are virtually impossible to protest and we don't even know who's running it.

The Galactic Republic is a monstrosity of a democratic body, held back in its legislative ability by the need for compromise.
You'd rather live there than in the Empire though, and even though it may not have that much control over the politics of its member states, it provides wealth, protection, and relevance to its members.

And the US federation is just a way to make other states pump welfare into California while all the texans die in some desert for the rest, good job.

California pays more into the fed than it receives back.

I don't want to live in a republic, I want to live in my own country. When did that become the default option and why did the change from a trade union into a republic happen?

The EU is much more corrupt though, and much less equal than your animes

I'll be damned if I ever let my children serve international kike and their leftist mobster interests like you yankee faggots do.

fuck off and die for pissrael....you poor pathetic occupant of the kike

Do the member planets of the Galactic Republic still have their own political and cultural identity?
Yes, they do.
The EU won't replace its member countries, it just augments them.

It's a bit like globalization in poor cunts.
Globalization is shit and horrible, but it's worse not being part of it.

EU is really shit and stuff (thought I hope it can be changed for the better but it probably won't), I believe it's still better shit than not being part of it.

It would harm US because it would reduce europeans' dependency on their military
It would harm Russia because it would make it harder to play europeans against each other
And european citizens are either too conceited to see need for cooperation at all, or too lulled by comfy status quo.

I think it's safe to call the EU a confederacy at this point. There's no reason to have a common army and if the need arises NATO will fuck everything up. Kinda makes you think.

was it germans or russians who raped your great grandma

>And european citizens are either too conceited to see need for cooperation at all, or too lulled by comfy status quo.
Just tell me, what would France and U.K. win out of this "cooperation" ?

You benefit the most from EU of all of us though. You may think you're fucked now, but when the last aftershocks of the economic crisis are gone, Greece will be a lot more competitive economically.

>complaining about the EU while its the only reason your country is relevant and isn't shit

the world will be united by one government one day so stop crying about muh national identity and muh independence

bitch my grandfather was a partisan ambushing russian and german supply routs, he made a fuckton of money, move to your shitty country and owns a few condos there.

how you like them american apple pies?

>my own country's army is stronger alone than it is working in close cooperation with another country's army
You can't be this stupid. The only reason you would want to keep your own army is if you'd want to attack another EU member state.

Widespread death and suffering.

You would have stronger position when dealing with other powers than you have as "just one of those european countries"

Obviously eastern european shitholes would benefit more from becoming part of the whole thing instead of target area for tactical nukes (or on top of that, rather), but you are fooling yourself if you think that you're stronger and better off alone.

what you fail to understand is that we dont want to be competitive. No way in hell are going to compete with China, Bangladesh, or bulgaria for that matter.

We have one industry, tourism.
Why do you think the most beautiful country of the world needs to become more competitive?

What we need is our own currency so we can become a cheaper destination.

Right now our wages are worse than Bulgaria but our prices are the same as downtown Amsterdam.

Why the fuck do i need to pay 4 euros for a coffee?

Fuck you, we are not some nigger colony that you can pretend to help.

Either pump us full of cash to build an industry, or let us take advantage of the industry we already have.

kill yourself you cock sucker

>we dont want to be competitive
>What we need is our own currency so we can become a cheaper destination.

m8

WTF are you talking ?
No the only reason you would want to keep your own army is if you'd like to keep a control on it.
It's obvious that your own cunt's interests won't be first on the list any more, and if there are some kind of budget changes and stuff, those minor interests for Europe as a whole will suffer first, while they are vital for France.

>You would have stronger position when dealing with other powers than you have as "just one of those European countries"
We already have a very strong position. It's strong enough to defend our interests.
France's way more diplomatic than most EU cunts.

> but you are fooling yourself if you think that you're stronger and better off alone.
Never said we're stronger. Just that we're strong enough.
When you look at all the shit U.K. and Germany has to deal with before being able to deploy a single soldier, I don't think it's for the best of France to unite our armies.

Because no one wants to die for predominately German interests.

Getting your own currency won't fix your trade deficit.
If Greece had not adopted the Euro, the economic crisis would still have hit you extremely hard.
Tourism is one of the first industries to completely die in times of economic crisis. You would have had a terrible trade deficit, leading to large government debt just the same. With your own currency, your government would have simply devalued it as it did many times before, only this time they would have done it a lot more.
The effect would have been that literally no one in his right mind would have been willing to lend your government money any more, which is not too much different from the current situation, but the difference would be that you would be unable to import anything at all from abroad with the state of your currency.
Think of the items you use in daily life, especially those bought after 2002, and think how many of them are imported.
Then think what your life would look like without them.
This is not all by the way, because many of your country's imports enrich you in a way less evident to you in daily life.

>we are not some nigger colony that you can pretend to help.

you are now

just like us.

The moment your politicians agreed to take out those yuroloans , they literally sold you to them....with your entire industry potential.

you are not a country anymore

You are just a state of the United Soviet States of Yurup

If I were greek I'd continue to dodge the tax man until this yurokolhoz eventually collapses from corruption just like the USSR did.And it will.

Then yous are scott free.

Why the fuck should us and the Frogs give other nations a say in what our military does?

That's all a "EU" army would be.

>It's obvious that your own cunt's interests won't be first on the list any more, and if there are some kind of budget changes and stuff, those minor interests for Europe as a whole will suffer first, while they are vital for France.
This wouldn't matter if they don't conflict greatly with the interest of the other EU member states.
If they do conflict in such a large way, your actions might lead to war with that EU member state in the current situation.
If they do not conflict, you have a larger army to protect those interests.

>eastern euros thinking their opinions matter

>We already have a very strong position. It's strong enough to defend our interests.
Well, assuming you don't care about indirectly harming your interest in rest of EU by throwing rest of it under the bus when it's convenient, you are probably right.
Notion that "muh cunt's interests" is an imperative is already detrimental to european cooperation - Schengen for instance was ready to implode until Merkele signed pact with Erdogan, and that only delayed the crisis.

If this is the mainstream line of thinking, then EU as a whole doesn't have a point aside of creating more tensions through flawed "cooperation" mechanisms like Eurozone or Schengen area.

Holy shit calm down

It does, you scandinavic fuyckhead

no it doesn't

you're literally the mexico of europe

NOBODY takes poland seriously

>If they do not conflict, you have a larger army to protect those interests.
We don't it's EU's army now.
Our voice will matter as much as fucking Pooland, because muh democracy.
We'd have to deal with a shitload of bureaucrats, and it will take years of negotiations for everything.

Why I do believe it has a noble reasons, I still believe it's a shitty idea in practice.

>I identify as european.

Fuck off, i'm German. I'll never fight for this jew construct.

According to South Park you guys are the Canadians of Europe though.

A mexian armed with an AK 47 you son of a whore

And I'll go there rape me and gun me down some scandinavic whore if you think we dotn matter.

poland could sink into the baltic ocean tomorrow and nobody would really notice

That does not need to be the case though, it depends entirely on how you'd organize the command of the EU army.
You don't need to give each member state a veto right like in the UN, we've seen that doesn't work unless some member states decide to take a break from the council as happened with the Korea war.

yeah keep talking your cheap trash

it's all you fuckers are good for up there

just you remeber, you need us more than we need you.

and you'll be begging us when russia turns it's rifles at you.

but we piss on you anyways

begging you for what? my toilet flows fine pjotr

>he EU is necessary for Europe to keep its prosperity

No. Only a fraction of the EU is needed for that prosperity and it all begins with the word FREE. Free movement of capital, goods and people. Brussels, Europarliament, Commisars and all these other institutions are just parasites that pretend to be necessary for these three to work and seek to gain more and more control.

Because the name itself is an oxymoron. There can be no Union without unity and there is none in the EU.

>harm USA

Please stop being retarded. Do you think Americans want to keep pouring money for protecting Europe?

>it would make it harder to play Europeans against each other

How?

Why delete this?

better start learning russian vodka runes now, it'll come in handy for you in the future

We already have NATO and giving krauts any more power is the last thing we need.

>Free movement of capital, goods and people.
This does not work without regulation m9. If you do not regulate at all, literally all of Africa could enter the rest through one of the member states.
inb4 'that is already the case', because it is not

>Well, assuming you don't care about indirectly harming your interest in rest of EU by throwing rest of it under the bus when it's convenient, you are probably right.
Are you fucking kidding me ?
France had to deploy it's army first nearly every time, so the rest of EU could finally follow.
You're trying to depict us as somebody who never cared about EU's interests at all, which is totally false, we've contributed way more than you eastern cunts.
The difference is, I don't see any reason to abandon our own interests just because others want to use our army conveniently.

> then EU as a whole doesn't have a point aside of creating more tensions through flawed "cooperation" mechanisms like Eurozone or Schengen area.
I'm happy you realized the EU doesn't work and will collapse sooner or later.

assuming this happens, it won't change much.
Look at what happened with the Greek debt, France didn't agreed on the decisions made by Germany, although Germany didn't had any veto or anything, France didn't really had a word to say...

ah yes, the rusting russian army will be a threat to me at some point

good one

yous already pissed yourselves with the outcome in Ukraine.

you think were going to dedicate ourselves to some kind of NATO commitment and stick our necks out for your shithole?

yous better think again.

>Only a fraction of the EU is needed for that prosperity and it all begins with the word FREE. Free movement of capital, goods and people. Brussels, Europarliament, Commisars and all these other institutions are just parasites that pretend to be necessary for these three to work and seek to gain more and more control.
You have literally no idea how "free" market works.

>Do you think Americans want to keep pouring money for protecting Europe?
Nobody cares what Americans want, but the fact that they do it gives their country influence when dealing with others.

>How?
Because staff of EU army could not as easily disregard threats to its own territory and interest as it can ignore threats to territory or even existence of a weaker member of Alliance, or a country it has only a trade deal with.

don't worry dan bro, we'll have your back if that every happens.
we care way more about you, you won't be a Ukraine 2.0.

>If Greece had not adopted the Euro, the economic crisis would still have hit you extremely hard.

No, it wouldn't. If Greeks didn't adopt the €, nobody would lend them the insane amount of money they owe. Nor would their bankruptcy be so slow and prolonged. They would be free to print their monopoly money all the same.

The EU Brezhnev Doctrine.

Because it would be only a way to destroy the domestic armament industry.

Just look at the countries that uses the F-35. Wtf is Europe when they afford american weapons when 3 types of fighters are produced inside the EU?

>don't worry dan bro, we'll have your back if that every happens.

but froggy yous are already on fire...can you even afford to "have their backs"?

>France didn't really had a word to say...
For the most part it was Germany's and my country's money that did the job though.
Île-de-France, Rhône-Alpes, and Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur pay for the rest of France with their taxes, but if you made them independent they would be too insignificant.

>It would harm USA
We don't want to fucking pay for your defense anymore faggot. The problem is that even a unified EU army would be dsyfunctional and retarded and be unable to effectively defend entire parts of the union like the Balts and Finland

For East Europe EU are Jesus the fucking Saviour. They even reach the level of decent life and pretending to be big guys while mocking us.

So if you sick of grey commieblocks, broken roads, and you don't give a shit about american unipolar domination - yes, EU are good thing.

>but froggy you are already on fire
if you're talking about strikes, etc.
That's not being on fire, just our way of debating and negotiating internal laws.
Also, the gendarmerie is there for that.

We still have half our army that we can use for Denmark, we won't hesitate to slowdown our missions in Mali or Syria if it means saving Denmark.
Also, with the next president there will probably be a Military service for unemployed people, that way, we can send even more people to rescue Denmark.

Imports are good
>says an exporting country

Its a two way street though. We're also in the business of exports: Syrian, Afghan, Libyan exports that will enrich your life; or rather like you say, make your life more competitive.

>Also, with the next president there will probably be a Military service for unemployed people

I see more fires in your future

lel

>If Greeks didn't adopt the €, nobody would lend them the insane amount of money they owe.
Yeah, so where do you think they would have gotten the money? Right, they wouldn't, so their imports would have suffered greatly.
That's just kinda my point. They imported on borrowed money. Now that they suffer the consequences, they are forgetting all the stuff they bought with their borrowed money.
Long story short, the EU dindu nuffin, it brought them wealth that they immediately accustomed to, and now they suddenly hate the EU in the face of the first bit of adversity.

at least our people can afford buying wood to in order to make fire.

thats good, the higher the flames will rise.

>France had to deploy it's army first nearly every time, so the rest of EU could finally follow.
Are you talking about north Africa? Libya was and still is pretty disastrous. Or anti-piracy missions?
Regardless, respect to your armed forces but that was not what I was talking about. Are you saying that your military sees Poland, Baltics and other countries in the region as anything else than ablative meat?

>You're trying to depict us as somebody who never cared about EU's interests at all,
No, although that's what I got from your previous posts specifically.
>we've contributed way more than you eastern cunts.
Yeah, well, sorry. Muh national interest etc. Over here when you hear about army it's too often about fraud involving public money.

>I'm happy you realized the EU doesn't work and will collapse sooner or later.
It doesn't work because people in it don't want it to work.
Nevermind people outside of it.

>scott free
Didnt you know? Sovereign debt is transferable.

German banks owned greek debt.
German banks went bankrupt and needed a bailout.
Now the german state owns greek debt.

Germany can collapse, but our debt will just go to the highest bidder.

Good goy.

Haha, that's very funny. If only you could actually make money on those exports.