Why is the Gentoo community generally friendly and helpful...

Why is the Gentoo community generally friendly and helpful, while the Arch community is full of rude and autistic elitists?

Gentoo is harder to configure and set up, so why don't the elitist cunts flock to that instead of Arch?

Because resolving issues with Arch is a right of passage. If you cannot solve your problems on your own you have no business being an Arch user. It's less of an OS and more of a lifestyle really.

what about gentoo? It's easier to make it "your" operating system than Arch is, and you're generally more responsible for everything on gentoo.

Because Arch is literally by ricers for ricers. They get off on "bleeding edge" packages and care about frivolities.

Gentoo is more serious linux types that actually understand things.

because if you asked stupid questions and don't know what google is you should kys

> Why is the Gentoo community generally friendly and helpful, while the Arch community is full of rude and autistic elitists?
Is that a fact? Doesn't feel that way to me.

> Gentoo is harder to configure and set up, so why don't the elitist cunts flock to that instead of Arch?
Gentoo is pretty easy and meant to be pretty easy.

I don't *really* think you should get bragging rights for being able to handle the thing that the Gentoo maintainers worked on pretty hard so it would be easy to handle.

not to mention the arch docs

Because Arch users are edgy autistic teens. Gentoo users are are just friendly people who really like Linux.
>Is that a fact?
Yes, spend some time on Arch forums and then Gentoo forums. Very friendly on the Gentoo end.

Stupid question. Does gentoo have a equivalent to the AUR? If I find some dumb software on github, what are the chances my lazy ass can install it through a manager?

> Yes, spend some time on Arch forums and then Gentoo forums.
Spent a good amount of time on the Gentoo forums and IRC and some on Arch's IRC, but I guess I never spent much time on the Arch forums.

It has overlays, typically managed with layman.

Though you can also just directly point Portage at the folder with "your" ebuilds, whether you wrote them or collected (/git merged) them from random sources doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the answer user, I'll take it for a spin in a vm.

really? fucking archfags, i swear
making a cult out of an operating system

If you don't like the initial setup but just want to try to adapt a bunch of pieces of software you care about, you could also just play around with portage (rather than equo) in a Sabayon VM.

This looks great. I'm looking for a highly customizable OS for a new pc I want to assemble. Ultimately, it was either arch or gentoo, but having a out of the box playground to see how the system might work is invaluable to me.

There's nothing wrong with the Arch community outside of Sup Forums

Sure. Have fun playing around with it.

The Arch community is the Mount Stupid of Linux communities.

No, it's pretty shit.

that's so fucking gay

This.

its really not all that fucking hard to use you arrogant prick, arch isnt a fucking way of life it just lacks modern features and refinement which i guess makes neckbeards like you feel 1337 which it shouldnt because any decent programmer or hacker uses something that doesnt take all of their fucking time maintaining because they have real work to do, saying "lel you couldnt figure out our neckbeard operating system n00b" just makes you look like a fucking dumbass because its not that its hard to figure out a problem but its also not that hard to answer someones question who would rather spend their time on something other than their damn operating system

The Arch wiki says otherwise. I use Ubuntu but Arch wiki is a goto resource.

Should I use Arch or Gentoo, once I'm comfortable with Unbuntu? Or is there an easier one to setup to?

*step up to.

Windows is better

No, the Sup Forums Arch users are at least somewhat self-aware. Outside of here, Arch users pretend they're l33t hackers and think they have the right to look down on other people because they managed to follow a simple command-line install guide.

Windows is gay. Shill that jewish degeneracy somewhere else.

you already said it, because it's harder. it attracts people who are more professional. Arch is actually pretty simple, therefore it attracts the same kind of person who is a scriptkiddie. people who move on from newbuntu then want to have a superiority complex.

Gentoo users also want Gentoo to succeed, including its derivatives, OpenRC, etc. so they don't have the same kind of retarded ideas as Arch babies do.