Fuck you Buttcoin miners

So I had planed on buying an RX 580 but seems like Buttcoin miners have ruined the market. Instead of spending $260 on a pretty good video card I just dropped $360 on this fucking thing. A dumb game I play, the only game, has an expansion coming out in 18 days and I wanted a new GPU.

Fucking bullshit and the worst is that Nvidia gets more money for their shady business practices. EVGA GTX 1070 go ahead and fucking roast me Sup Forums I deserve it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-AMD-HD-7950/3639vs2160
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not Bitcoin, bitcoin mining outside of the dedicated ASIC world has long since become a total waste of time. It's Ethereum and Litecoin and other alts.

>Assuming anyone is still mining Bitcoin these days without an ASIC...

An ASIC is purpose made to mine Bitcoin at optimal efficiency. A COTS video card + CPU desktop is nowhere near as efficient.

Also, if the RX580 was that expensive at the time, why didn't you just get an Nvidia card instead, as Nvidia cards have _always_ been worse than the equivalent AMD card at mining tasks.

It's ethereum mining

Well fuck those people too. I just fucking know I'm going to regret having bought this card. Nvidia will nerf it within 2 years and make it useless. They did this with my GTX 770. Every new set of drivers it performed worse. Meanwhile an old 6970 I had still runs like a champ in a friends comp.

>bitcoin miners take all amd gpus
>w-why is n-nvidia getting my money
>f-fuck these shady business practices

cry more faggot. give the gpu to someone who'll actually appreciate it if you don't want it.

Go to a Fry's, they have a shitton. They even sold ryzen 7 and 5 two weeks before embargo lifted

Some day I will. I always give my parts away to friends that can't afford new ones.

sorry user you just lost the waiting game

I don't understand why AMD just doesn't make GPUs for the mining specifically, they would increase their market margin.

Same thing,business that i ordered rx 580 pulse from said "They need to restock,we will know more in 5.july"

we should be friends

Old school funnyjunk fag spotted
_this hasn't worked in years_

That is just meme,nvidia actually just pretended to support things like direct x 12 it is why it seems so shit at it while amd actually has in-build support.So drivers are not more and more shit,just games are new and newer.

I'm in the same boat. As soon as they come back I'll pick one up. Not gonna spend an extra 100 when I could just wait a bit. If worse comes to worse I'll just get a 1070.

they recently released a dedicated dx12 driver which did improve performance in some specific dx12 games.

how?

It's not cryptocurrency at fault, but the lack of competition from videocard makers. AMD releases a new midrange card every 2-3 years and then rebrands them inbetween that time. Because of this, Nvidia is free to ask for astronomical prices, as they have no competition on the high end.

And since the prices are now so high, AMD can release shit from $300 minimum as well, because any offering from Nvidia starts there.

I remember back when $250 got you a Radeon 5850 (the 2nd best card on the market).

>2017
>mining buttcoins
Mining whatever the shitcoin of the week is on /biz/ would be more profitable at this point. You'll go broke trying to mine bitcoins these days

Well I have a decent job and don't waste money so honestly when I upgrade my PC or get a new part I'd rather give them to a friend who will really enjoy it than go through the time it takes to list it on ebay and deal with scammers and whether or not people pay etc etc etc.

>$300 minimum as well, because any offering from Nvidia starts there
I was able to get a new GTX 960 for under $200 last year. Granted, it was right before whatever the ones that came after that came out, but my point is you can still get okay Nvidia cards for >$250

People have been saying this since difficulty started scaling up heavily around 2011. Glad I didn't listen.

Never heard of funnyjunk.

Using underscores is just a muscle memory thing since I use Outlook often to e-mail coworkers at my job; it turns the text between the underscores italicized. I've continued to use it elsewhere, because even if the text doesn't italicize, it does key in the reader that I'm stressing that part of the sentence.

Einstein was a Jewish plagiarist and didn't really discover anything.

It was Henry Poincare who helped discover the theory of relativity.

I just bought a GTX 1060 6gb for $200 to replace my 7950. I sold it to some miner for $100

Thats a sidegrade dude

tfw upgrade from radeon hd3650 to rx 580 , fucking 10000% performance increase

I see an improvement

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-AMD-HD-7950/3639vs2160

so guys online the rx 580 seems to be sold out and used ones are going for more than new price models, because of availability.
as someone who got his first pc a month ago, should i sell the rx580 red dragon for 300 and buy a used 1070 for the same price?

Do it

RX480 here I would have gone with the MSI 1070 instead if it was me.

Selling my RX480 on craigslist now, paid $200 going to see if I can flip it for $300

The 1070 FTW is a nice card.

I often recommend the 480/580s but it seems they are sold out everywhere. 400 aren't avaiable anymore and the 500s aren't on stock, at least in Germany. The 1060s are overpriced.

I've been keeping an eye on 580 prices and availability and I haven't actually noticed any problems.

I think this is nvidia's new marketing strategy to try and convince people 580's are out of stock when they actually aren't.

Where the fuck do you live? behind the factory?

It is another Tulip Maina fueled by unstable chinese stock market, expect a hard crash soon.

I think it's fueled by Chinese people trying to get their money out of the country and using Bitcoin to do it since the PRC has cracked down so hard on normal bank transactions. Same thing fueling the CA housing bubble.

What should I be mining right now to be able to turn a profit?

Does this mean I can sell my RX 480 for jewish prices and get a 1060 instead? I want to try hackintosh again, and pascal gpus have much better support right now.

yes send me your email we will talk about it.

Are you actually serious?

Ofcourse i will flush it to 580 and use.
Tired of waiting give me your personal email.

Ethereum, maybe Monero

What game OP? FFXIV?

Nice try shitstick. The whole thing is a lot more complex than that. Einstein's contributions include the redefinition of the nature of space and time and the removal of the 'aether' concept poincare was so stuck to. Trying to completely discredit the man just reveals your preexisting biases

Ethereum and Sia

Keep in mind a mining rack generates a lot of heat and noise, be sure to calculate your profits beforehand, plenty of calculators online. you can hit ROI in a quite timely manner but you're also at risk of fucking up your household electric grid if you're retarded

did you at least get the XFX one?

Yes! Gilgamesh. I like the game and I can have fun with it playing less than 10 hours a week since I have a demanding career.

>Ethereum
Just started trying to farm this.

>My XFX RX480 GTR started making noises and almost reach 89 degrees Celsius
Nope, I'm out