>excellent Linux support
>excellent Windows support
>excellent BSD support
>best-in-class QHD display

>>Sup Forums pretends a 10 year old plastic knock off is better

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

here is your reply

>800 mhz
>recycled battery cells
>explosive
>cheap materials
>manufactured by starving children that don't have ten fingers

>buying a new MBP and installing any OS on it other than macOS

>manufactured by starving children that don't have ten fingers
As if Lenovo or any other manufacturer is any better kek

Pretty much this.

>Over priced laptop that I can buy an equivalent laptop with better specs for half the price

The fucking display on this alone is worth the asking price. The rest is just a bonus but holy shit that screen. It really has to be seen in real life in all its high-gamut, 500 nit glory.

but people buy thinkpads used

Macs are 50/50 hardware and software. How is this a tech board while you neglect this simple fact. Do other laptop manufacturers half half of their company focused on developing and maintain multiple operating systems? No, they don't. How utterly fucking dumb are you?

only ibm thinkpads were good

>Over-priced laptop, the equivalent of which can be purchased with better specs for half the price.

ftfy

this

>>better-than-ThinkPad build quality
>drop it on a corner and it dies, if not blows up

People should also buy 2012-era non-retina MBPs used and upgrade everything

>maybe dents, depending on surface
>"dies"

Confirmed for never breathing near any generation of MacBook. That being said, I do like molecularity more as in having an internal magnesium structure with plastic panels as long as they fit well, but unibody design is fine.

Modularity, not molecularity*

>shit keyboard with no key travel
Enjoy your worn out metacarpal joints.

ya

I did that once, cost fukin $700 bucks , a $17 part broke and apple said it would cost me over $500 to fix it.

no thanks

luckily i was able to git my 700 bucks back. Never buying a mac again tho. Ill stick with my $300 thinkpad. Has better parts anyways

you mean a pile of software that calls itself an OS that is a hodgepodge of technologies made to run "somehow" , based on a file-system that was archaic as fuck ten years ago? I mean kudos for their engineers to keep that shitshow running as much as they do, but they pretty much achieved what there is to achieve with that pile of garbage
>Apple File System is coming with all sorts of sparky shit
yea, can't even support their own fusion drives at this point. Wishing them luck with it tho. Maybe we'll see them actually evolve the OS, not just bolt iOS trickle-downs on it for the retards.

Macfags GTFO. You don't know anything about tech, therefore you don't belong here.

This is now an Apple hate thread.

>MBP better build quality than thinkpads
Top tier kek

>t. rajesh

A Macfag "gamer"

It's spelled Rajeesh you fucking cum guzzling newfag Macfag nigger cock sucking faggot cuck bitch

Take it easy, pajeet

>memes
>every manufacturer does that
>objectively wrong

sorry for offending you sanjay

Like, I just want that design, but with a bigger keyboard, tiny trackpad or a nipple, no webcam, no touchbar, and linix supported hardware.

>Le innovation Le XD

>Le I'll call him pajeet so I can be the typical condesending Macfag faggot Le XD

find me a different laptop with 1440p quality display (even if it may say its ips the quality may differ!) weighing the same or less that costs less

w2c that calculator?

(weight = 0.92kg)

Macfags=Liberal faggot cucks

It never ends

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>>memes
>>every manufacturer does that
>>objectively wrong

>applel is the same chinkshit like any other manufacturer
>charges 5x price for it

>ITT: Microsoft LAN party in New Dheli

This whole board is full of tech illiterate 3rd worlders and poorfags in general.

Even commies think that liberals should die.

dude cuz i want shit battery life, cheap materials,overpriced for shit that's been outdated for 3 years #worth

*blocks your path*

Truer words have yet to be spoken.

You can get a brand new top of the line MBP and it will lag and stutter trying to render the UI because Aqua is such an Archaic piece of shit designed in 2000 and hasn't been updated since then.
Everything in the MacOS UI is rendered as PDF (yes, Adobe PDF) so Transparency effects and all these animations bogs down the system so fucking hard.

Try this yourself, scroll in finder, activate Mission control with a CPU usage meter showing, it 100% every time an animation runs.

>You can get a brand new top of the line MBP and it will lag and stutter trying to render the UI because Aqua is such an Archaic piece of shit designed in 2000 and hasn't been updated since then.

i have one and that doesnt happen lmao

>trash zero travel keyboard
>chicklet keys
>trash nonstandard keyboard layout that doesn't even seem to have f1-f12
>no trackpoint
>can't run libreboot
I wonder how much this wonderful machine costs
>more than $1000
into the trash it goes.
This is an altar to the terrible design of modern laptops.

>better-than-thinkpad build quality
It definitely can't handle a glass of water being poured into the keyboard and I could be surprised if it could handle an impact well. aluminum does not rebound well.

T60 masterrace here, all you need

>windows 10

It's a great machine overall, but cmon, the Radeon 460 is shit, Nvidia is years ahead on the mobile GPU department. A 1060 would be almost 2x faster.

Literally posting with mine right now

>gaming fag thinks real people care about his shitty hobby
You buy a mac for the superior operating system and durability. I still have my 2013 MB and it still to this day runs like new. Do that with a Windows computer. You can't because Windows is an awful operating system that needs to be installed every year, and whatever "gaming" laptop you buy will be falling apart in 3 years.

That's disgusting. Remove yourself from this board for posting a laptop with Windows 10

I'm contemplating buying the 13" without the Touch Bar because I'm used to having a small, Apple-based laptop. If anyone has an alternative that I could save cash on, and even have as a comparative upgrade to the current Macbook Pro, I'm all ears.

Should've marked the beanie with "Steam OS" for extra cringe memery

mmmhmm

mmhmm

And how much does it cost again?

>Mac people 13% more likely to want to be "percieved as unique and different to make my own mark"
>Mac people are 50% more likely than PC people to say they frequently throw parties
This just makes winfags look like losers, plebs, and autistic neets. Sounds about right

starting at $2400 for a Radeon 450 (Literally a 950M tier GPU)

> not the XPS 15
Oh you got me good there, goyim

Best notebook on the planet, I own one and it beats the shit out of every Windows notebook. These fags are just mad cause they so poor.

you CAN'T make this shit up
> low-end GPU
> 256GB
> $2400
Holy shit, even the last gen had a more reasonable pricing.

pic related

Daily reminder if you don't have one of these wait literally 1 month for the Kaby Lake model which will probably even have Magsafe and possibly an SD card slot.

I mean, what do you honestly expect? They make laptops for fashion, not function. The more pricey, the more coveted.

It's literally just retards and every teenage girl going "IF IT'S NOT APPLE, IT'S BAD. ONLY APPLE MAKES GOOD COMPUTERS. LOOK AT THIS $299 PENTIUM WINDOWS LAPTOP AND TELL ME PCs ARE GOOD"

>better build quality
>best support and warranty service
>actually works when you need it
> laughs at wannacry
>doesn't have secret NSA backdoor
>has best consumer encryption
>TouchID better than any fingerprint scanner
>TouchID actually works unlike Windows Hello for security
>fucking best speakers in a notebook
>best LCD in a notebook
>trackpad best on planet
>4 USB C power inputs
>40Gb/s thunderbolt unlike all the 20Gb/s Shitdows notebooks
>actual rated batter life

I could do this all day. So please, keep pretending that shit Windows notebook is better than my Mac.

/thread

Only technology illiterate retards, i.e. appletards unironically think mactrash is even decent, much less good.

>different strokes
>different folks
it's not that hard. please stop pushing the meme that one platform is objectively bad and others are objectively better.

>not buying all parts for pennies on eBay

>Sup Forums
>Not knowing how to remove W10 and install a better operating system

Come the fuck on

Learn to distinguish shills/linux-neckbeards/faggots/NEETs/W10-cucks newfag.

>Are 50/50 hardware and software.
Are you forgetting that Apple is a massive company? They most likely have a team the same size as any other company focusing on hardware. Taking the suggestion that they're 50/50, I'm not trying to buying an operating system. I'm trying to buy a piece of hardware.

If anything I'd guess that its the fact that everyone 'has to have' a Macbook because they 're the equivalent to "Beats by Dr Dre". You're on a tech board, and you fail to realise that they are over priced compared to other laptops. How utterly fucking retarded are you?

>better build quality
Subjective my guy, >>>Dell XPS 15
>best support and warranty service
>j-just pay 100 usd in fees to get a refurb model
>actually works when you need it
So does my old Gateway laptop I dont see your fucking point
I wouldn't be so sure if its Apple *made in Cupertino xddd* the telemetry and fbi lovers
>has best consumer encryption
>TouchID better than any fingerprint scanner
>TouchID actually works unlike Windows Hello for security
Look at me in the eyes and tell me you actually use fingerprints for passwords on a computer. All business class laptops include this feature and apple just caught up to it.
>fucking best speakers in a notebook
Debatable, I think my POS Toshiba sounds better than a Mac but thats my opinion (no argument here)
>best LCD in a notebook
At the low cost of the entire computer. This is it's only saving grace and there's no improvement here unless they move to OLED
>trackpad best on planet
you fucking wish, the hardware and clicks are horrible. Anyone who claims force-touch trackpads are good gets a free helicopter ride
>40Gb/s thunderbolt unlike all the 20Gb/s
Shitdows notebooks
source for this? Thunderbolt 3 has consistent speeds across the board and doesn't fuck up the wi-fi at least on non-macOS devices
>actual rated batter life
my cake has better batter life
the only reason you can do this all day is because you make up shit and get paid for it you cunt Raja. I planned to disregard your poor english but you can't even go a sentence without saying FUCKING, misspelling or misusing words. Honestly just fuck off you curry nigger.

>libreboot
>using SJW-trash
>mfw

>ctrl+F windows
>11 hits and all of them are bitching and moaning about it
do any of you know that you can actually NOT use windows on modern laptops? Its crazy I know but its doable

>secret NSA Backdoor
>secret

It is.

>t. mactoddler

And now HP's ZBooks will take over on the space station. I'm gonna miss the ThinkPads though.

how did they fry an egg in space

>implying anyone 15"

Proof that #WannaCry has reached outer space. Sad. Many more cases.

>2ghz dual core
>$1300

I'm definitely not using a Republican Apple piece of shit.

y u so triggered? when you become triggered you lose...

>21% more likely to be computer savvy

>mac makes things so fucking easy a monkey could do it
>hurrr i am tech savvy XD look at me i am mac pro LOL

>absolutely checked

>>doesn't have secret NSA backdoor
Intel PC. nuff said
>>fucking best speakers in a notebook
Listening music on a shitty notebook... user.
Gb/s thunderbolt unlike all the 20Gb/s Shitdows notebooks
It will be legit, when that "rated batter" will die and can't use it without paying your apple taxes.

>all day battery
Did you know Apple changed the battery indicator in Sierra from time remaining to percentage because the times were so abysmal?

I have a T60 in my bathroom as the taking-a-shit computer. In 2017 it's slow and outdated (but works, of course)

It's time to upgrade, user.

Honest question, though; is it true that the only thing that MacBooks are good at is mostly graphic design and maybe a bit of Ableton Live or GarageBand? Retina displays seem to be a meme to me, maybe because I once saw one and while it was kind of nice, I wouldn't pay $1000+ for a fucking fragile as shit AIO that has mid-tier hardware.
>But muh specialized software
Using some cleverness you can run OSX/macOS on almost anything, rendering this (((exclusivity))) useless.

>Jobs died
>Apple joins NSA

RIP

lol

>shit screen (seen it in person)
>disgustingly heavy

Not an apple user, but I need source on that PDF shit

only the blind can't appreciate retina

build quality is subjective

hackintosh is the essence of neckbeard

I did appreciate the improvement, but as I said, I'm not sure if I would invest $1000+ for just the screen. Probably if I had the money to burn and the input delay is low enough (

I like Macbooks but it's pretty pointless to get one if you're going to run Linux or Windows on it, then you're better off getting a Dell XPS 15 Developer edition if you're going to run Linux. MacOS is easily the best OS for laptops.

>why extra latency may be unavoidable on some Windows machines: “There’s a difference in the way the OS handles task scheduling, On Windows, a degree of cooperation between the drivers on the system is required. If any one of them doesn’t play by the rules (which are not enforced by the OS), the performance of the entire system is degraded (DPC latency). This interference from other drivers can mean your driver performs poorly on some systems—no matter what you do! The Mac architecture does not suffer from this problem, making performance a bit more predictable.”

If you want to do music production or any content creation, you'd benefit from the extra pixels. They can give you more real estate

Ah, a little cringe in the morning