Samsung Galaxy phones

I totaled my s4. Yes, I did something stupid to it.
I really like samsung phones, but its been a while since I've looked into them. Just from what I heard here and there the last good one seems to be the s5. The s6 was supposed to be a disaster and apparently the s7 blew up. I have no info on the s8, but I have a hard time trusting the newest products.

Weigh in with your experiences. I need to decide which model to buy and could use the input.

I had s4, and the jump to s5 was great. Way faster overall, better camera with a bigger viewing angle, but above all, the battery life destroys the s4. I want to sell my s5 cuz its faulty, but I'll just probably buy another s5.

Just get a S7 if you like Samsung. Still a good phone, but cheaper than the S8. Regular one doesn't have edge faggotry but the battery is smaller

checked
Thanks, I think I might just do that.

>touchwizz

>>touchwizz
what about?

>s5
i like my s5.

When I totaled my S4, I went for an S5 and I absolutely love it.

i had a note 3 for 4 years, got stolen by junkies and now i have an s7. i wouldn't have them made of glass but with a case i have 0 complaints, highlights imo are screen, performance, camera and battery life.

My girlfriend has an S5 and it's slow as dogshit and has an awful as fuck camera.

I still have an S2, same, dogshit slow and garbage.

How these phones ever keep people buying I have no idea. Absolutely garbage.

>camera
phones have cameras? what for? taking pictures of food for snapchat?
The S5 is just fine, but please, whiny faggot, tell us what phone you think is worthy? Or do you only complain?

I'm thinking about buying an S6. Is it worth it to shell out the extra cash for the s7 or stick with the 6?

Reminder you can't root an S7

Shit really?

Im over all this glass bullshit with zero edges.

You cant hold the dam things without inadvertently triggering back page or some other function.

well there is an Engineer Build that you can root, but it is really unstable but look over in the XDA forums if you are interested

Same here, except for my screen died.

>girlfriend
>my

Fuck off useless virgin

i still have my galaxy s4 after upgrading to s7
the touchscreen seems less responsive on the s7
(makes it really annoying for games that require you to tap multiple times under timed conditions)
is that common, or is there a way to fix it?

nigga just rooted a G935F with cf autoroot

I still have the international s3 lte i9305 and it still just fucking werks. Stuck on stock 4.4.4. rom tough. Some guys are working on lineageos but they'll never fix the bugs.

I've had a few newer phones, ended up going back to my s5. Once you root and install XtreStoLite or LinrageOS, it's the best phone. Install Viper4android for the best music experience too.

Install cwm and install cm 13 on it that's what u did to my 530u

Does anyone have experiences with the budget Samsung phones?

>apparently the s7 blew up.
only the S7 Edge. I have a normal S7. Reread all those articles. no mention of the normal S7.

It's a really nice phone but once you break the original screen, you're fucked. The replacement screens break way too easily. I've spent more money on screens than the phone itself, so far.

Had an S4 for about a year, but got so sick of Samsung trying to compete with Google's services and their horrible Touchwiz's child-like UI and heaps of battery draining "features". And don't get me started on how I had to pay flagship price for a phone built out of plastic...

Switching to OnePlus was the best move I've ever done

First of all fuck you for asking Sup Forums they are just a bunch of incompetent fuckheads I only lurk here
Want me to tell you?
S5 fucking beast
S7 Love it
S8+ Giant beast would refccomend if you are not a poor manlet
Speak to people who acctually owned/owns all of them. I would say go btween the middle by a normal S7

What im saying is get a normal S7
Its inbtween the S5 for cheapness and the S8 for preformance

I have the S6 and apart from the mediocre battery life it's pretty much perfect. It should also be pretty cheap now. The S7 is better of course in almost ever way, but it doesn't have an IR blaster which I at least use all the time.

Samsungs newer stuff is great just dont be a jew and download battery draining meme apps like kik and facebook wnd you are fine

>No offence but if she has apps like facebook snapchat kik whatsapp or whatever you fuckheads use these days no shit will it be fucking slow and of course download meme game apks will naill the coffin

No buy a S7 it is worth it trust me

who are you quoting?

Do you have a shit screenprotector on?
Also who the fuck plays mobile games in 2017?

How did that greentext get there fuck
Mistake sorry

They've all been crap after the S3. Every year they add more and more proprietary apps and bloatware. The only thing they've done that's great is lower Apple's market share by a metric fuckton.

>What is custom rom?
>What is remove bloatwere on play store?

I went from s4 to Xiaomi Redmi 4x, 4x is a great phone for the price, looks 1000x better than the s4 screen.

It bends you lil shit.
Everything Xiaomi bends.

i've had mine for a few months, hasn't bent yet. I will keep an eye on it, But for $105 usd shipped I think its worth it if it breaks in 6 months desu.

>"Just don't install anything and it will run great. In fact, turn it off and stuck it up your ass for best performance "

>Social media shit on phone
I just use it to make calls browse websites and watch youtube videos as well as watch anime I downloaded on my phone
Are you telling me you are normalfag?
God I fucking hate Sup Forums incompetent dumbass children who only know about graphics cards and new processors and shit about phones

>being too retarded to install a custom rom

Kek

>reddit spacing
>girlfriend
>she
You and your trap don't know how to use phones
Maybe look up how to install a custom rom on your back to faggit

Only if you're amerifat
The better version can be rooted no problem

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Typing from an S4

The 5.0.1 Lolipop Update really gimped the device

I recommend you downgrading to 4.4.2 again. It runs so much faster now I almost regret that I bought a new phone.

The S6 is trash and has no battery
Either go for the s5 or s7

>not a personal consumer review site
WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE SO MANY AMD INTEL NVIDIA THREADS FUCK

>awful as fuck camera.

Are you terminally autistic ?
Here, a photo from my s5 (downscaled)

I guess compared to an s7 it's utter trash. I don't think my note 4 camera is great either.

It was the Note 7.

>I really like Samsung phones

No, you like Android. There's literally nothing that seperates Samsung from other Android phones, sure they might add a few extra gimmicks here and there, but they are pointless.

>A few gimmicks

Some of them are actually useful and innovative

TouchWiz introduced Quick Toggles which is now a standard in every OS.

Samsung has a Multi Window feature since 2012 and has more features than Stock and iOS

Im buying an S7. S8 has retarded fingerprint reader position.

I've heard many claims of people who say the s5 is slow. Is this true?

Only if you stick with touchjizz

why would you use samsung's botnets instead of just google's default botnet on the nexus 6? no adware