Where are my KDE users at?

Where are my KDE users at?

install gentoo

KDE was probably using too much RAM for them to be able to open up an internet browser

I've been a long time gnome user and recently switched to KDE. Still not feeling it though, and most likely will go back to the side that has an actually polished user experience...

Right here bro.

Since KDE 1 here

300mb is considered much?

>not using 486

*not using a 486

Gentoo is for retards

aside from plasma probably taking 10 hours to install on Gentoo, what's wrong with Gentoo? It has no systemd, which is a good thing

started using KDE and I like it, but with GNOME going to becoming Ubuntu's official DE with 18.04 I feel like I should get used to that instead.

>I should use something inferior because that company that put ads in their start menu thinks it's better

I use gnome, but I've used KDE for about an year. Really solid DE. Plasma is awesome. And the Plasma 5 is incredibly light. I could run it with about 300 mb, worked like a charm. No major bugs.

I think ubuntu should give a try on KDE, but if it doesn't, there is no problem at all. gnu/linux gives you the awesome probability of making the computer looks just like you want it. So you can try kubuntu, which is awesome currently. Very stable.

Gnome just makes me more productive, the gnome desktop aims for productivity, and it does it very well.

unused RAM is wasted RAM

Does anyone here get an issue where plasmashell doesn't render text properly. Some letters just disappear randomly. I think it might be the nvidia drivers fucking up.

it's getting a bit annoying having to killall plasmashell && kstart plasmashell every time I reboot (which is a lot because my GPU is dying and causes driver crashes)

Reporting in. KDE is the most advanced DE. You show someone a computer running KDE and they'll wonder why PC's don't come with it installed instead of Windows.

B L O A T

If it were a bit more stable, I would agree with you. None of the bugs are anything I can't fix in 5 seconds on the CLI, but a normie would hate that.

it's true that KDE is a much better version of what Windows DE is trying to be

That said, GNOME is better than KDE.

I kinda agree with this but most normies aren't into configuring their desktop and KDE with the default settings and widgets is pretty damn stable. Sure if they start fucking around with widgets then the crashes come rolling in but like I said, most have been trained by MS to not change anything besides their wallpaper.

I use both and I can't agree with this. Gnome's file manager customization features is pretty barebones.

>the default settings and widgets is pretty damn stable
I haven't done any real configuring to KDE on my laptop that has this problem. This may also be an issues that only happens on distos like arch, which are not tested much before release.

I like it just fine but I prefer to use only gtk on my machine. If I had a spare I might go with qt on it.

Right here, kde is the best.

What's after 5.9 ?

Present

KDE is pretty great

Cool icons. What's the name?

You can polish a turd and make it shiny but at the end of the day its still a hunk of shit.

i've tried many times to get into this desktop environment because of its initial visual similarities to windows 7, but it's always bitter sweet. there's a lot i like about it but also enough to dislike about it that i never use it for long. i give it a try once a year or so to see if its any better but never is. there's just too many gripes with it, especially in regards to visuals and performance. in a lot of areas kde feels like it is barely holding itself together. the one thing i wish i could take from kde and apply to my preferred desktop environment (xfce) is the icon-only panel functionality.

It's retardedly fast, it just does a lot of stupid things quickly. I haven't found KDE5 to be anywhere near as good as KDE4 eventually got to but you can always customize it to whatever you're after. Less customization than in kde4 cause not everything got ported over, of course.

Plasma is always trash but kwin is undisputed king of heavy duty WMs.

>torrents/torrents

jordan

>300MB for a DE
bloat

Maybe back in the year 2000.

>smb:

wew lad