I will never be an Algerian soldier fighting for Free France in North Africa...

>I will never be an Algerian soldier fighting for Free France in North Africa, facing casual and institutional discrimination from my fellow brothers-in-arm, but I power through it because I know I am fighting for the greater good against an absolute evil, but one day a native French soldier spits in my rations and picks on me so I break down and deliver an emotional monologue about my allegiances while putting him in his place.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eoKcWSMe15Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Been there, done that. Didn't live up to all the hype.

wtf I hate Taiwan now

>I will never be an African American soldier in the Vietnam War who gave his life for his country but ultimately became just another nameless, faceless casualty in some small firefight in the middle of nowhere, while my family back home still sits at the back of the bus and isn't allowed to vote.

>tfw no gf

>tfw

> you will never understand the tragedy of being better than the people you'd die for.

Wtf Taiwan we liked you

??

>I will never charge into battle on my trusty stallion, wielding my sword, ahead of my squadron

? ? ?

>I will never be a black man in prison who rapes a skinhead while whispering in his ears, "behind these walls, you're the nigger"

>I will join the IDF and murder innocent palestinian people and there is not a single damn thing anybody can do about it

>being a cuck

Why would you choose to fight for invaders rather than your own people?

I can think of something that could be done about it

>i will never be a French or British soldier fighting ISIS for us while we sit back and watch them die fighting ISIS for us

youtube.com/watch?v=eoKcWSMe15Y
hmmm...
and what would that be?

it's not about being le buzzword, it's about romanticising a seemingly undignified act. Those Algerians were fighting for a country they've never even seen, and that makes them that much more admirable, in a way, at least to me. Kinda like how The Myth of Sisyphus is reinterpreted by Camus, imagining the tragic character as happy, as an act of rebellion against Zeus.

It makes them mercenaries you fucking dumbo

see

Mercenaries generally don't fight for reasons other than personal gain.

is this an actual movie/play/book or did you just make this up?

Indigènes