Should I get a 900D?

Should I get a 900D?

Are you gonna water cool your PC?
If not, get 750D
If you want a silent PC, get Fractal Design instead.

You can even watercool in a 750D. It has plenty space. You can remove the 5.25" bay if you need more space.

Meant that the price for the 900D is kinda high since it's purpose was water cooling.
It was a project case they made by listening to fans, I was one of the early adopters of that case and while I like it, it's way too over priced for a build unless you go with water cooling.

The reason I recommended the 750D is that it's similar in looks, but much cheaper.

I always wanted watercooling, but don't see a sense in it anymore as Pascal scales very badly with voltage. I know some people who use external radiators. I planned a 420 and 240 radiator in my 750D. Now I'll just stick with air, I have nine fans for perfect airflow and the 5820K uses a H100i.

Watercooling is nice, but takes a lot of flexibility. Waterblocks are expensive and you often have to wait months until they become avaiable.

Are those 290s?

I do plan to upgrade to water cooling in the future. But in the meantime it can handle air cooling just fine, right?

Two old GTX670s
The primary card was around 85-90c and I hate having my stuff at high temps and said, fug it.
The are around 28c-42c idle/load.
In the loop is also a 5GHz i7 2700K.

No problem at all, but make pretty damn sure you have positive pressure in it since those cases have holes everywhere where dust can get in, so make sure you use all intakes with filters as intake, remove rear fan if you don't have enough pressure going in.

Alright, thanks man

Oh then you probably posted in the guts threads. I would switch these cards, they are probably also 2 GB.

I'm planning a second 1070, still unsure about the temperatures. I have perfect airflow and the single cards stays at 62° (full load), but a second one will emit a lot of additional heat. Anything below 80° is fine for me. My CPU usually stays at 50°, 60 under full load.

I don't have a current pic, I'll hopefully get abetter camera in a few days. Just imagine this and all those blue fans. I'll also get blue LED RAM if the prices ever drop.

Sound card?

The 2mm clearance will increase your temp on your primary card a lot just so you know.
I'd rather sell off the 1070, use the iGPU/APU in the meantime until VEGA/Votla comes if you play MOBA since those aren't as demanding graphically I think.

I even disabled all LED on my STRIXX 1070 I have in this build (currently using) even though I can't see them since I don't have a window, but the Raystorm D5 have the stock blue LEDs so so I know that the PC is on since I mostly use the 900D PC as a server and a HTPC.

I don't have a iGPU. I cannot even use my monitor because its 4K Gsync and only supports Displayport.

A 1080 Ti is too expensive, I only buy EVGA since I once lost a lot of money when buying the wrong brand.

The single 1070 shutters heavily in modern games, I play MEA(MP) a lot, I get around 40 FPS on medium settings. I would like to try Tom Clancys Wildlands, but I know it won't run well.

You run dual 670s in a HTPC?

And yes its a Xonar STX. I once had a lot of money so I bought Beyerdynamic T70 and a sound card. I now have a 5820K, 16 GB RAM, 1.5 TB SSD and a 4K Gsync screen, but not enough performance to drive it.

>You run dual 670s in a HTPC?

I can make a longer fun (CHEAP) post on why I use it as a HTPC if you want.

But basically built small PC for games, and it went from there.
The fun part was how I got these current parts.

My current parts are:
4690K at 4.6GHz
STRIXX GTX1070
Z97 Pro Gamer with 24GB 1.65v 2400MHz DDR3
512+500+256GB SSDs
EVGA G2 750W (I go big because I like the heart of the PC to not get heart attack, also fan is always at 0RPM due to low load.
ASUS 248QE 144Hz
DALI Concept 2 with the Zensor Sub E-12F

HTPC is:
i7 2700K
16GB 1600MHz 1.35v DDR3
1x4TB
2x3TB
1x2TB
120GB SSD
ASUS P8Z77-V
Corsair HX1000W (Bought in 2008 and still going stronk)
DELL U3011
For sound it uses a DENON 2313 with DALI Zensor 7,5,1 and vokal

I think I didn't miss anything.

pic is from around 2012 so it's kinda dated, but the difference in that and now is that the 700D is now a 900D and Zensor 1 is present in the HTPC build.

This is my HTPC, I aim for energy saving. Its running a i5-3550, 6 GB RAM, 7 TB HDDs and a 120 GB SSD. The 560 Ti will be replaced by a 4K GPU once I have a 4K TV (video output only). I hope it doesn't drain too much.
750 W isn't very big. I have a Seasonic Prime 650 W now. The 1000 W I had before was big, and overdimensioned.

I can highly recommend to stick with 1080/1440p, 4K is insanely demanding, even a 1080 Ti can only deliver 40 FPS. I'm aiming for 45 FPS in major titles when I get the second 1070. Gsync helps a lot.

It's missing screws and Fractal didn't answer yet, I got the rear fan and 2 GB for free. The whole build was 120 € (Except storage HDDs). I'm currently using one of my Corsair HDD cages.

professional HDD mounting
2.5" ssd/hdd

It's big considering I don't even use half it's power.
The two 670's power the 2560*1600 monitor pretty good though it's not a gamer monitor, and managed to keep 60FPS on Crysis at that resolution (ten years... it's soooo old).

The non HTPC was $-40 (minus forty) until I bought the GTX1070 (Had a 970 in it before).

Nothing really to see inside my case.
It's in the middle of the night so image quality is crap.

dual 670s is really much for a htpc, you could get similar performance with a 1050 on 75w

Wattage isn't a problem, I have $15/month in electricity.
Two old 670s are $0 buy a new card is $100+
Also, it's "mostly" used as a server and a HTPC, that doesn't mean it can't play games once in a while.
Two 670's offer more performance than a GTX1050, so no point in paying to downgrade.

You don't pay per kwh? I do.

Two 670s would give 50 € here each, enough to buy a single 1050.

I used a Phenom II build before, drawing more than 100W in idle, this new station will pay off after a year. 100W is a lot if you run it 24/7 just for one download.

The 560 Ti was only 10 €, but it draws a lot of power too. I'm trying to sell it and will get a newer card.

I have one

I originally chucked tons of Noctua fans in it before later replacing them with Corsair static pressure white LED fans

My only gripe with this case is that they didn't even consider casters and spare magnetic filters

Not sure why there are two power supply cages but they couldn't fit an ITX/mini-ITX somewhere in the case

I fit mine with 7 Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 and 3 AP-13
You can fit Mini-ITX boards in it, or did you mean you wanted to put a MITX AND another mobo?
The reason for the two slots is so you can choose which side you want the radiator on or if you have two weak PSU, or simply want redundancy.

No it's overkill get a mid tower