What kind of umpc do you guys have?

Or maybe a linux based one? What do you guys think is good?

nothing will ever come close to the LX line again and it's mildly painful to contemplate

GPD fan

Will that render Skyrim?

it will render a tenth of your mother's fat ass

UMPCs are trash

you're not even wrong my man
palmtops are god's chosen ultraportable

That keyboard is terrible. Funny how a tiny calculator sized PC has more keys than most laptops.

I don't think they understand how the nipple works
that doesn't ;look comfortable at all

I collect quite a few in my time.

works surprisingly well after you use it for a while, you'll never do 100 WPM on it of course but it's perfectly fine for what it is on a device not meant to be your one and only computer

It's kinda hard to get used to the layout on it, but it's absolutely amazing how they made such a machine so early in the 90s. Like an x86 PC with 20 hours operating battery life on a pair of Alkaline AAs.

this meme died too soon I hate the smartphone meme

the worst thing about it to me is the ctrl/shift placement that is really impossible to work with, but the decision to use calculator buttons is better than I had expected, with decent feedback and not a ton of force required to press the keys, thing makes a kickass PIM device even to this day, just wish the suite was a bit better

and yeah, early palmtops were pretty incredible when you think of the reality that you're basically getting a pretty nice system from only a few years ago in the palm of your hand at a fraction of the price, it was even more pronounced in the larger omnibooks that were kitted similarly to nice 386SX desktops from only a couple years before and still got 6+ hours out of a handful of AAs

it's cool to think about what would happen if HP tried that again today with the fantastic low-power hardware options and design paradigms we have available to us today, but instead we're stuck with abominations like the Pyra and GPDshit that are made for mouthbreathers who just want a big DS that runs Windows or an "open source" toy to jerk off to and do nothing with, none of these things are made to be actually practical right out of the box and seriously lack polish

I have one of these and it's fucking garbage. I hope nobody else fell for this.

I still want to order one but then I'll probably get a Blackberry passport instead to play emulators on.

their brand image is abhorrent with that garish pink/white and shitty toyish design that instantly makes me associate it with virtue signalling "maker" hipsters, it's just another one of those products that for the most part is made to be marketed, not actually used for something

I'm thinking about putting a pi in an old gameboy colour case. Will this be terribly hard?

probably not but the end result would be ugly and useless compared to just buying a case that was actually made for it

I think that it's supposed to be a thumb-clit.

God I wanted that SONY with the slide out keyboard so much when it came out but it was like $2000.

This one. GPD's copied the VAIO P, now they need to copy the UX. I'll pay whatever they ask.

I accidentally bought two, it's come in handy though as a diagnostic tool. Having gpios on a handheld with its own screen/keyboard is handy sometimes. Not an everyday driver kind of UMPC though, by a long shot.

Got a GPD Pocket (ubuntu) coming to me though

>GPD's copied the VAIO P
That's pretty insulting to the P.

Sure they fucked it up a bit but the Pocket is clearly based on the VAIO P. I'd actually have to say that the Pocket's better because it's pocketable.

What the hell neither are pocketable unless you're some hamplanet wearing cargo pants.

The Pocket's definitely pocketable.

Hamplanet.

I'm underweight.

uh huh ;)

hamplanets wouldn't have the pocket space only lanklets swimming in their shit could
t. hamplanet

I still have my PC6

this has worked well for me for quite a while

I own a GPD Win, Fujitsu U810, Toshiba Libretto, and a Fujitsu P1630. I also own a HP Jornada 680, but that isn't really a PC.

It also doubles as a phone

how do you type the numbers in tho?

Onscreen keyboard

almost want to buy one of those and just tether it to my regular phone and use it as a PDA

Works pretty well for me, made me lose interest on a lot of meme portables.

Also runs GNU/Linux decently well in a chroot.

oqo should have never died

Slide out keyboards were truly the best tech, and throwing an actual 5 row qwerty with decent layout in there? Great.

Shame about its unusable softwares.

Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.4 Kitkat) works pretty well for me. I'm not a fan of Andoid after that version, but there are options up to 6.0, even a LineageOS build.

The icing on the cake is that some of the keys have been remapped shown on pic related.

Not bad at all, I had serious stuttering issues with CM on mine though. Something was horribly wrong with the core build.Also if i lowered the cpu profile it would sometimes fail to wake up.

Did you install over the stock ROM slot? I had some problems when I first got the device, but overwriting the stock ROM fixed them.

As far as I know (I got the device last year), this wasn't always possible.

Don't remember, I don't have one currently and it was probly an older CM build anyway.

>order one

good luck user, I ordered just the CHIP unit in november and shipping is STILL FUCKING PENDING. Everyone else is still fucking waiting on this sheer shitpile of a company to deliver the product they paid for.

I wear 32x30 jeans and I can fit a Nexus 7 2013 in my pocket. what are you smoking

Really? There weren't any problems with the preorders, why would there suddenly be regular order problems? How odd.

I really have no idea. I read the entire thread about the shipping and it dates all the way back to July 2016 with people still waiting on their order. Something with them changing a shipping partner maybe, but that was way after, and they sent out a big email saying GOOD NEWS WE WILL BE SHIPPING ORDERS NOW in April, when they said before they were going to be shipping Q1 2017. It's way past that now, and that email hasn't made a lick of difference. Everybody's orders still say pending.

Pic related is what it's been stuck on since November 2016.

GPD Win.
Several old shit I don't use anymore.

Everything else I do on the phone anyways.

I kind of want that GPD Win.

You can emulate PSP right?

If you are referring to the GPD WIN THAT posted on the left, yes it can run skyrim at 30 FPS

not much but it gets the job done.

what's the one on the right? how do i find it?

GPD Pocket

I buy all kinds of crazy expensive useless shit, but this one is waay overpriced...

I wanted an OQO so badly when it came out

Too expensive, got an early netbook instead

No, it will not.

boipucci magnet

Something that allows installing the OS to SD card, that way you can swap the OS to your needs.

What do you do on lonoox on this? Do you trust the device enough to eg. ssh into stuff with it? Having something like that seems comfy and useful but I'm a paranoid idiot

hngg

I have a Sharp Netwalker that I don't use any more. It needs a patched kernel, and the latest available version is very old (2.6.31). Should've bought something that could use mainline kernel.