/sqt/ stupid simple question general thread

/sqt/. Post all your simple or stupid questions that don't deserve its own thread here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmdYg02XJt6QRQfYjyQcMPfS3mrSnFbRC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do i mine etherum on nicehash? I can only see that the only option is Bitcoin.

install gentoo

How can scaleway offer this baremetal server for just 24europoors? nobody of their competition is anywhere near to that bang for buck ratio.

8 cores isn't really a good thing, you're getting an Atom chip which is relatively slow per core, comparable to a dual core Haswell/Skylake/etc chip.

I'm trying to configure OpenVPN using a ClearOS (CentOS-based) firewall. Both clients are in VMware.

I'm running into a problem; the guides I've found are for previous versions of ClearOS. Does anyone have experience working with OpenVPN, ClearOS, or both? Thanks

Enjoy a picture of my cat.

is it that bad (as in cant handle anything)? is there any better alternatives for the 30 bucks per month?

Is there an activator for windows 10? I was talking with a guy a day or two ago that gave me an ltsb iso from mydigitallife and i finally got it running, now i just need to activate it.

either buy a windows key on amazon or install a free os, you underage turd

Depends what you're trying to do with it.

KMSpico

You're a fucking retarded. A core 2 duo and a fucking pentium can handle your retarded CS:GO server & VoIP setup + run VMs for IRC shells and other shit. Since when did fucking 8 1Ghz cores become fucking "INCAPABLE OF RUNNING ANYTHING". You're not going to be playing fucking GTA V on it, doing complex math or running a fucking site that has to do 10,000,000 database queries a second nigger.

You know you can't use ltsb without a business license right?

>You're a fucking retarded
>mfw my question sparked interest even in the bronx

What I want to do is to host a nodejs bot (with as much connections as site views, if not even more) + frontend website that will have fair amount of first wave views (6k on similar website launched before) and maybe 500 to 1000 / minute later on. Is the scaleway offer enough for this?

it all has also a mysql database behind it, but I don't believe that would affect anything.

I have a question about networking. I've had my modem and same contract with Comcast for 6 months but about two weeks ago, my modem keeps dropping the Internet. It happens about 6 times a day now but the weird thing is my internet works just fine when I unplug the modem for a minute then plug it back in and wait 3 minutes. I don't see why my modem randomly stops providing Internet unless I reset it

So my question is if the problem with my internet dropping is due to the modem or Comcast and what should I do so troubleshoot or solve the problem. The modem in question is surfboard SB 6183

Use a traceroute tool to determine if the problem is your modem or upstream (i.e. your ISP.)

What's a good usb hub that uses usb c?

Is there a program i should be using besided intel xtu for undervolting my cpu

looking for new ringtones to replace the default samsung ones, where should I look?

Any mp3 can be used as a ringtone.

yeah, but I want tasteful ones. Not sure where to begin and I don't trust my taste.

I just learned the basics of python.. but what the fuck do I do with it? excel can already do most of the data crunching I need. Suggestions? Anything to at least stay on practice?

Anyone know how I can split a batch of images into two? Don't tell me that I have to separate this shit one at a time.

Also, if possible, without any quality loss.

Oh, yeah, it's weebshit, i know.

use imagemagick.

jpeg editing like this can't be done without some quality loss, though

What do I need to know to get a job programming in C++/Java? Like, what is typically used in the day-to-day as far as coding goes?

I've completed 100 and 200 level classes in both Java and C++, but am nervous about what is required in the field

Ryzen is better

>imagemagick
that looks like a huge pain, but thanks anyways.

>pain in the ass
Take 1 minute ,read the switches,find the one you need,and then script it.(or fucking google it)
It all comes down to your incompetence, not perceived difficulty

Im going to start learning SQL tomorrow. How useless is it?

Does gentoo worth the pain?

no

yes

>its an older version for a reason
i think you misunderstood me
the newer phone has the less responsive touchscreen
what can i do to make it more responsive?

Thanks

My wallpaper won't rotate while on slide show mode unless right click and do it manually. Any ideas? On Windows 10.

Friend has been suggesting for me to look into the Cube 2 engine to familiarize myself with C++. Is this good advice?

bump

would something like:

Iwenttothestoreandboughta$300TV

actually be a really strong password?

my cat never wants to play man.

Who is trappy-chan?

My laptop is shit. The mouse stops working on my dell and i have to slam it for to work or close the shell and open it again. How do i fix this? Winblows 10

A tranny that uses maki pics to avatar on /fit/

Source: im a long time fitizen and maki avatarfag

Get a new mouse

Its one of those that are installed on it already. I could buy an external one though

>external one though
:^)

vringe

How do you make the title of your thread purple in clover? or is it a mod thing only?

What do you mean.
Titles are by default blue.

Looking to buy a ethernet switch, which brand doesn't contain botnet/backdoors or does that only apply to routers? Should I not worry about this stuff and just buy the cheapest gigabit switch?

>installing a DE on Gentoo
>1 Javascript package has Five (5) THOUSAND files to compile
>over one hour into it, and

Honestly, Gentoo is for producing a set of binaries precisely tailored to your hardware and use case. Using it for a general purpose machine is like climbing Mt. Fuji, in that the people who've never done it are only ahead of the people who've done it more than once.

Re-install gentoo

Netgear

how can I learn fpga programming?

> Raspberry Pi 3 can't handle 720p youtube videos
Did I get memed on HARD or is there something wrong with this thing?

I have every project that I have ever done on github. I'm a bit embarrassed to have some of the shit i did a few years ago like an RNG and Hello,World on there, should I delete it or is it fine?

what are some good tutorials for networking basics? I'd like to expand my technical knowledge. Something for an absolute retard when it comes to networking would be grand. Online preferred.

considering i have no trouble playing 1080p bluray remuxes on my Pi1B, you're doing it wrong

What could be causing the issue?
I'm guessing a memory card bottleneck but I'm using a class 10 Adata card.

how are you playing it?
are you the hardware decoder?
are you using h264 streams?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmdYg02XJt6QRQfYjyQcMPfS3mrSnFbRC

>how are you playing it?
Default Chromium install in Raspbian
> are you the hardware decoder?
I'm guessing yes, the raspy is doing all the decoding work
> are you using h264 streams?
Probably not
What I should I look into now?

everyone starts at the beginning, there's no reason to be embarrased by it

>playing videos in a browser
no, use mpv/youtube-dl

It's time to make one under your real, grown-up identity. You did use a pseudonym originally, right?
Like the man Fats Waller said, "Don't give your right name. No, no, no."

excellent. Glad theres a guy youtubing this shit that understands he shouldn't place his mic near a fucking fan.

So viewing natively in a browser is completely out of the question?
Not that big of an issue but a bit of a letdown. I guess it was expected seeing how unoptimzed and just overall shit Youtube is.

Do you want optimal performance? use mpv
Do you want shitty stuttery 1 frame per second nonsense? use chrome

I came to Sup Forums today without a question to post in /sqt/, is something wrong with me?

Nope, all of it was set up under my real name in a very professional manor

playing videos in a browser is and has always been a shit idea
at least early on it was done by embedding a native player, nowadays it's just stupid

if you want performance, quality, and a consistent interface, don't play videos in a browser

yes, you are a liar

It's still stuttering even in mpv with youtube-dl. Definitely way less than with the web interface but still stutters way too much to be watchable
wat do?

If you can afford a manor, you can afford not worrying about what your oldest github projects look like. As long as it shows increasing skills and tackling more difficult tasks over time, it shouldn't become a drag on your reputation. That said, remember that anything you publish becomes impossible to retract.

is an i5 4670k still good for a gaymen pc or nah

no

Is there a jhead for png?

You already got it?
Yes.

You are planning to buy it?
Dont do it, get a I5-6600k or a 7600k.

Hello can anyone recommend a good printer for home use that is DIY ink refill cartridge friendly?

I need to to print out shipping labels, reports, and sometime color for diagrams and schematics.

Thanks.

If you go to advanced power settings and click on slideshow theres an option to turn it on or off, check there i guess.

Is there any good free mindmapping software?
Cause all the results on search engines try to jew me into their Fullâ„¢ Version, so their trial shit is lacking a million features.

photosthop/gimp

It worked, thanks user!

Toss "Linux" or "Open Source" into your searches to drive the cripple wear down in the results.

Today I learned that typing %0|%0 on CMD creates mustard gas

Thanks people, I used the Sup Forums archive instead and found stuff there, I'll always do that in the future.

Not useless but there are better alternatives

So I want to upgrade my monitor but only want to spend about 475$ CAD, that basically gives me 2 options, a 4K LG IPS (27UD58-B) or a 1080p 144hz TN monitor (something like the ASUS VG278HV)

I am not a big fan of TN monitors, and I really want to make the switch to 4k. But is 144hz really as great as everyone says, even for people who don't do any competitive gaming?

i got a pair of sennheiser 558's, and im confused about what bit rate and hz to choose in windows.
the default is 16 bit, 44100hz (cd quality)

Can't post on Sup Forums? I get "connection error" and my posts don't go through. I've tried opera and chrome.

You're posting something that they silently filter.

I just typed in "I'm really not" and same thing happened

I legitimately tried to search the thread as "Dumb questions thread" and didn't find it

Here I go:
How can I use Whatsapp without physically needing a phone, my mobile number is registered and I use the whatsapp desktop client a lot but I want to use it without needing my smartphone connected as well

Best way to organize my downloads? For about four years now, I've just been dumping everything I've downloaded into my downloads folder and I've decided that I need to sort that shit out.

Go test a 144hz monitor at your local canada computers/ncix/whatever other store

No problem user, these threads have helped me out a lot so im just trying to pass it on

Spoiler: You can't.

I figured it out. I was accidentally running my VPN in the background ;)

Go through your downloads looking at what you have and thinking of very broad categories, i.e., program installs, ebooks, videos, or broads. Try to keep it under 10 categories. Move your files into directories named after the categories, then repeat the process for each directory. A few iterations of this will give you an organization. Best is not only in the eye of the beholder, but also the enemy of all that is good, so aim for good first.

Delete the whole thing, trust me you never use any of the shit in there anyway. I was in the same boat, had like 50+ GBs of stuff in there. Hit delete one day and never wished I didn't. If it was that important you would of moved it somewhere else already anyway.