Chess engine

I want to make a chess engine that favors ABSOLUTE MADMAN plays instead of optimal plays while being somewhat strong to blow the fuck out of low/medium skilled players.
How should I do it?

Maybe just set a chess program to pick the longest/most advancing option out of the top 10 picks.

Are you seriously expecting someone her to give you the answer?

I don't think this is a stupid question

B-but I want to do it myself, its part of the fun

program it to use only pawns, but use them very very well

Funny, but impossible.

Develop those along with tge ai parameters earluer

>I want to make a chess engine that favors ABSOLUTE MADMAN plays

First, define exactly what this means.

Then write a minimax algorithm that maximizes that definition

Very aggressive play, focus on sacrifices that have somewhat high chance of recovering some moves down the line, lots of risky plays, trying to close in for a possible mate fast, etc.
Obviously it would fail miserably against an opponent with good positional play(like GMs and other engines), but it would absolutely wreck low/medium skilled players with its zerg rush strategy

Holy shit has noone checked those FUCKING QUADS yet

So score positions higher if they

1. Include a sacrifice

2. Increase your chances of winning

My friend said checkers is harder

Neck yourself

This is interesting. Does anybody know if there's a chess engine out there that does something similar, like only using knights/bishops to beat the opponent?

>Hey guys, I just had this randumb really retarded idea. Now I just need you to explain to me how do I do it!
Please leave.

The reason this is a stupid idea is that the days of chess being an interesting game are over, now whoever is the biggest autist wins

google how to do it, at this point there should be youtube videos about how to program a chess game. After that you'd need to create some sort of layered system that will try to create the best move possible, each turn.

That's because all the computer players are no fun. It's only fun if you play against non-skilled human players.

We should make GOOD chess AIs.

You don't get it, fun = making mistakes. Why would someone purposefully make mistakes?

hehe, they don't. that's what makes it so fun.
> mind boggling move
> is he just went full retard, or am i getting tricked

A standard chess AI uses minimax trees -- it assigns scores to board positions a bunch of moves ahead, then chooses the path where its own score is maximized (given that the opponent will choose the path where its score is minimized).
If that didn't make sense to you, go learn minimax.
If it did, I can think of a couple approaches that might give MADMAN results

> 1. Give points to paths based on how far the minimax score differs from the rough estimate
This would favor results that look dumb but have good long-term results

> 2. add to enemy parent nodes a percentage of the scores of the top few children
This would weight towards moves that might have a better payoff if the opponent doesn't counter them properly

> 3. come up with some function that evaluates a "madman" score for each move and use it as a multiplier for your own scores
This is the most general but you need to figure out how to judge a move on your own

This

There are books written on best strategies and fastest strategies

The AI in windows 7 chess will check you in 5 moves if you let it with some horses, bishops and the queen.

I like the pawn, so do a good job on those guys!

pawns are neat

Basically rate the value of each peice. If your sacrifice is equal to or lesser than the value of the opponents, make the move.

Take stockfish and modify it.

Can you make one capable of 12th dimensional chess?