/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/7315cfab0d558604/
en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--adapter--jack-plug--gold
en-us.sennheiser.com/adapter-hd-650
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wh-where did you get that picture of me?

Fuck off, you pedophilic weeaboo manchild

I don't know if this question belongs here, if not, ignore me or let me know

I've just purchased these nice headphones, and now I need a DAC
I don't have tons of money so the best price/quality DAC that you can think of may be helpful.

Something good enough to boost the quality to acceptable levels, not too expensive and for PC use

Thank you beforehand

anime website

Yeah but at least it's not bass heavy. All the frequency graphs I looked at for closed back over ear headphones show that the ones with prominent treble also have prominent bass. To be expected because the seal of closed back lends it's self to bass

You don't need an external DAC.

>now I need a DAC
no you don't

It's a mongolian knitting site you autistic weeaboo.

anime website

Lmao. Full defence.

anime website

oh wait ur british u probably cant read that
aenime webcite

are you saying that an external DAC isn't worth it?
wouldn't it boost quality comparing it to an average laptop?

Lmao. Faggot brits btfo'd.

Name one (1) anime.

aria the animation

Nope. If you don't hear any audible hissing/static/noise, you don't need a DAC.

Shit taste. Go back to anime school ya freak.

Is it true that shitty audio (Jewtube tier) sounds even worse with decent hardware or is that another audiophile meme?

that's good to know, thank you fella

The better the headphones, the more shit you can pick up, I think.

>Budget
200 tops
>Location
Canada, unfortunately must be from Best Buy (using gift card)
>Source
FiiO E10K Olympus 2
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Prefer Closed
>Comfort level
Not an issue, really don't care
>Sound signature
Not a big deal
>Past headphones
ATH M40X, loved them so much, were stolen and might buy again but are there better options?

Also I listen to a lot of post punk, art rock, noisy stuff, but also lots of vidya

pic related is an awful pair I wore for a year before I ascended

It sounds better on better equipment but you can hear the flaws with better clarity.

jej

hd569

Aww shucks.
Pls read.

HD600.

I need need more opinions, /hpg/. AKG Q701s, or...

...BeyerDynamic DT 880 Chromes.

What do you guys think about Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 or something in the range of $230. Also no DAC

audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/7315cfab0d558604/

DT880 blacked.

Q701 has inconsistent earpad sealing and a wonky treble response.

I can't help you at all but I want you to know you're not being ignored.

So I bought the SHP9500S few days ago.
These headphones are actually alright. I don't really have any some form of regret after buying them anymore. Just had to listen to some other genre of music to appreciate these bad boys.
Super comfy and the sound feels good.

Thank you. That's actually very kind.
Uhh to offer my 2 cents I really enjoyed my Sony MDR 7506. Just a heads up. If you're at a desk where the cord really doesn't have anywhere to sit, you're gonna knock them off a lot. They took a hell of a beating before one of the ears stopped playing.
Loving my sennheiser hd 598 cs right now. Although I don't enjoy the short cord, the longer one is only for the big headphone jacks, of which, my computer has none and since I'm a faggot and can't fix my computer's front headphone jack, it now sits sideways so it can reach. But this is because I'm too lazy to order a plugin so it'll fit my computer.

I'm hoping you guys can help me since I got no replies in the stupid question thread.
I got a pair of sennheiser 558's and I'm confused about which bit and hz to choose in windows.
The default is 16 bit 44100hz (cd quality)

Just choose the highest one and get it over with

I'm trying to choose between the NVX XPT100 and the ATH-MSR7 for an entry into this meme.
Are the extra shekels worth it, or is it well past the point of diminishing returns?

Are Dacs and such worth it? I have the X2, and its generally ok, but will a dac improve my sound or is it just placebo?

Lie to yourself like this. Say you're going to buy the NVX XPT100s this week, but don't. Then when next week rolls around, I hope you get to keep at least $100 of what you make a week for toys, buy the ATH-0MSR7s on the principle that you would have spent ~$100 last week, but you didn't and now you have it + your cash now to buy the better ones.
Plus the retail therapy will kick in and you'll feel better for buying big boy headphones, nothing against the NVX XPT100s, but when you spend more money you feel like you have nicer stuff.

At least that's how I do it.

Sleeved my K7xx and ModMic cable together today.
Worked pretty well but I couldn't find a good way to seal the ends of the mesh.
Don't think I can get shrink wrap big enough and the Velcro cable organizers look tacky.

What do you guys think?

i think that velcro actually looks fairly nice.

Did the ATH-M50x go up in price or what? It's $50 more compared to a few years ago...

Looking for a replacement for my shitty JVC HARX700's btw. Preferably something with a removable/easily replaceable audio cord, since I've had two HARX700's and each time the cord/plug went fubar on me.

en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--adapter--jack-plug--gold

Oh shit! Thanks, mate!
Last one I looked at was $20.

Actually read the thread friendo, the answer will be revealed.

You're welcome, user. It's the same one that comes with the HD 650, and it's quite nice and flexible.

That link actually seems to be out of stock, so you could order this one instead: en-us.sennheiser.com/adapter-hd-650

It's a different model number, but seems to be the same thing.

M40x is the better deal now.
If you don't want shitty pads, go for the CB-1. A lot of people recommend the XPT100/HM5.

For a step up, DT770 is how the M50x tries to sound and very comfy.

Purchased.

Is snapheiser user at school lel?

Oh, is he absent from your class?

I can see it.

Thank you, user.

I wonder what she listens to...

I liek Boruto.

Sony MDR-1A currently 124€ on sale on Amazon.de in case someone cares.
Bought them as portable headphones and thought i share the sale.
What am i in for?

>MDR-1A
Disappointment.

Schiit Fulla 2 is very good value per price.

That's what i fear. I'm used to DT770/990 but wanted something cheap and mobile. Decided on those after Zeos review and sale.

>unironically watching z review
You deserve it.

What's wrong with it? Is it simply because your autism doesn't like it?

Are multi driver IEMs a meme

Did you watch any other Z review? They do strongly recommend every product they review, no matter what.
In short, they're useless for determining which product to actually get.

>plug in headphones
>no noise
>plug in earphones
>unbearable white noise
Would a DAC fix this? Since I don't get any noise with my phone that means it has a much better DAC doesnt it?

>Since I don't get any noise with my phone that means it has a much better DAC doesnt it?
Or not. The computer's might be better. But that's irrelevant if they screwed up and didn't isolate it properly. Effectively, you're getting shit noise, so yeah... your phone does it better.
Thankfully, solving this issue is as easy as spending a little money. I suggest the Schiit Fulla 2. Note they don't sell these on amazon, Schiit is a company that does direct sales, which is why its devices do not cost twice as much as they do. And yes, the name really is a joke on shit, but they make good hw.

No, only because the guy is tech illiterate and a shill.

BTW upvoted you bro!

>starting the thread with a retarded anime girl

You obviously haven't watched a vid of him. He shits all over the MX50 for example.

>tech illiterate shill
Nice opinion, retard.
Simply because i watch YouTube reviews i am not from reddit you retarded fuck. Take your autism back to .

I did watch a bunch, they were as I described. I obv didn't watch every last video of him, because pointless.

>I've just purchased these nice headphones
Hope those M50x weren't what you bought.

>t. Z review guy

>hurr i dont know what to say so i better start name calling him durr
Pure autism. Explain why exactly you dislike it or gtfo you braindead tool.

How harsh or treble-heavy are the Sony MDR 7506s for casual listening? The only reference I have are Creative Aurvana Live headphones which are mellow but break easily time and time again which is why I wanted to switch.

Fuck off Schill
Schitt has been caught astroturfing and they do it frequently on Sup Forums

how long do headphone drivers usually last? I've had my hd25s for about 8 yrs now, 8-12 hrs every day max volume pretty much. wondering if they'll just poop out on me soon.

>unironically suggests some company called shit would shill @ Sup Forums

Is Steelseries Artic 3 any good.

Nope

Please explain.

How long will the 600's be selling for 288? Should I jump on the deal now or do they sell for cheap often?

It's always the cables that die before the drivers at least for me.

well the cables cost $20 to replace, had to twice now. but that's not a big deal, the drivers are $100 each.

Thank god we're back to 2D OPs

>How long will the 600's be selling for 288?
Not long.
>should I jump on the deal
Yes. It's the fucking HD600, and that cheap.

Hey hpg, my old amplifier just came, i am the guy who decided to get the hd600 for music, vr, asmr use
and hook them to a good old amplifier that my father used to use for his speaker system.
So the model is hk6300 and now i'm looking on how to connect it to my computer.
He used to use a 3.5mm male - 2x RCA male for audio input for his phone/laptop, would that work well?
The amp on the back just has a bunch of RCA females so there doesn't seem to be any alternative to that.

579 or 569?

Fair enough, will order them soon then.
I know I've seen people say otherwise, but is the Fulla 2 enough to drive them?

If you treat them well and arent exposed to moisture often, they can last decades. I've had my 770's for nearly two decades now.

Just bought these. Did I fuck up?

probably

care to post a picture dad?

of what

No,not at all.

He probably wants a picture of your DT770's

>US
> budget around >100
anyone know any good travel/commuting headphones?

I'm a fucking idiot.

So are we all just going to pretend we can't see this anime whore's cunt?

Why is the k712 so much more expensive than the k7xx?

Some grey party importer has then for $225, do they make counterfeit ones or am I just giving up on the warranty?

You're just giving up the warranty