Are Noctua fans really worth it?

Are Noctua fans really worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PCI-Express-Version-5Gb-Extender/dp/B00PB86R94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

sure, why not.

They're the Apple of PC building, you buy Noctua fans to let people know you're using Noctua fans.

THe only non-stock fan worth money has liquid bearing and is under 15$

Short answer: no.
Long answer: it depends.

If you want to run fans at very low speeds then there are fans which perform better and are much cheaper (Scythe Slipstream, for example).
If you run at higher speeds (800+) and need longevity then Noctua might be worth it.

Yes, but go for the redux versions.

They're good, but the question remains the same that with any other part : do you need it or is there a more appropriate part for you?
Even if their price/performance ratio is okay, if you don't need half their performance, it's stupid to get one.

No. Your PC will run exactly the same with any fan that fits.

If you care about quietness over everything else, yes.

If you are a noob in computer build and you need quietness, go for it. Probably there are cheapest fans that works well, but for me the extra money I spend worth my tranquillity, my safeness and the time i saved.

wat about futureproofing tho

No.

Not saying they aren't good. But, they aren't as good as they are expensive. Plenty of fans out there for half the price just as quiet and all the performance.

Then you may want to get a decent heat sink for your GPU and slap some 120 or 140mm Noc's on that heatsink, with a 2x 4pin PWM to vga fan header adapter, and set a custom fan curve.

Then even under full load whilst gaming you wont hear a thing.

I had an Evga gtx 1080 SC with a Raijentec Morpheus and 2x NB PL-PS 120mm fans on it with custom fancurves, never heard a peep from it, and the card didn't hit over 50C at 2100Mhz boost clock.

Do yourself a favour user.

I have $5 artic12 and it just works.

I've also been running 7 F12 PWM for 3-5+ years and none of them has issues. They're probably louder than poo fans but I can't hear them much on 800~ RPM

If you value quietness, yes

They have by far the best sonic signature of any fans I've tried

if you want the best and don't mind buying past the point of diminishing returns, then yes.
if you want the best price/performance ratio, then no.

People keep making these silly claims that they're THE BEST, but objective tests show otherwise.

tl;dr: they're a meme

Gonna build a new rig soon, what's wrong with Noctua?

I'm planning on buying the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 since it's the only one I've found so far that can be mounted horizontally.

different user but how would i attach 2x 120mm fans to my gpu? im using a msi GTX 1080

yes

>1800-2200 RPM
Enjoy your permanent hearing loss.

I bought a Noctua heatsink, so it only made sense to have Noctua fans to go match.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense you fucking retard.

By breaking your PCI-E slot

amazon.com/PCI-Express-Version-5Gb-Extender/dp/B00PB86R94

something like this

like this

I know it makes sense. why are you repeating me tardo?

get bequiet silentwings 3 fans

rarer, quieter, same performance, less shit color scheme

>How to rip the Pcie slot off your board in 3 simple steps

I have that heatsink on my 980ti and it stays at a maximum of 31C while playing gta v. Really worth it!

>PWM to vga fan header adapter

Wait, those exist? I've been wanting one for 7 years.

Is the vga fan header pinout standarized? I need to put one on my HD6970 so it can spin up by itself. It might be too old of a model with a different pinout, I don't know.

I think the heatsink would be tall enough to reach the bottom of your case, thereby balancing itself.

You'd definitely need a case with a fan on the side panel if you install the heatsink in that direction, though.

Why the hell are they measuring linear airflow and not RPM?

I bought 1 for $5 so I bought another one to match it.

Why would you measure RPM when you can measure airflow

Don't listen to the bullshit, Sup Forums hates anything that is popular

Look at the actual reviews for Noctua CPU coolers, when you benchmark them they are truly the best

I wish they had some "noise annoyance" metric in these tests. In many cases, the quality of the sound matters a lot more than raw dBA.

It's called a phon.
Nobody bothers because devil rules the world.

Though it measures loudness not annoyance. Still better than dB.

Nice shilling, shill.

I've got DH-15 unit on my CPU and performance wise I can't fault it. It's keeps the CPU nice and cool, but the size of it is a problem if I wanna access the ram slots however.

Fuck no

Except Artic makes way better coolers. Why burgers love those overpriced piece of shit fans? Artic F12(the server editions with fluid) and CM Jetflos are way better. Enjoy your overpriced poo color memes

>cares about quietness
>has reference cooler on GPU

with that many fans, quietness went out the window.

>Because components get hotter all the time

>no bottom intake

come on now

Do fans really have to be super efficient?
If your parts are quiet and not melt-temperatures, what's the downside?

noise
reliability
efficiency

Why do they only sell them in that shit color way? I considered them when making my last build, but ultimately past on it because I didn't want to get bullied in the guts threads.

So you see it and say "ah, its a Noctua fan."

noctua is dogshit

If you care about quietness you buy this, not some overpriced meme fan.

>linear airflow through rad
>lower is better
What did they mean by this?

They're way too expensive for me to say that they're really worth it, but they do make some nice, good quality fans
>like 100-3000RPM PWM controllable range, absolute quiet to hurricane-tier airflow in a single fan
>fan is smart enough to start even at 3% PWM
>fans completely stop at 0% instead of running at some arbitrary minimum
>automatically stops and restarts if obstructed
The Noctuas I have are way, way better fans than the Corsair APs I also use, but then again they also cost 2-3x as much and the Corsairs are honestly quite shit. If there are any fans which can beat the Noctuas in features/functionality/quality I would sure as fuck love to know about them, I'm looking to get rid of those Corsairs but dumping money at 3 more Noctuas is somewhat unappealing.

>Why do they only sell them in that shit color way

>What is branding