AMD THREADRIPPER confirmed 64PCie lanes

AMD THREADRIPPER confirmed 64PCie lanes.

DOALAKE-X confirmed stillborn.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/newz/asus-x399-motherboard-zenith-extreme
videocardz.com/70018/asrock-also-showcases-x399-motherboards
videocardz.com/69995/gigabyte-shows-x399-aorus-gaming-7-worlds-first-threadripper-motherboard
tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

videocardz.com/newz/asus-x399-motherboard-zenith-extreme

videocardz.com/70018/asrock-also-showcases-x399-motherboards

ECC support as well.

videocardz.com/69995/gigabyte-shows-x399-aorus-gaming-7-worlds-first-threadripper-motherboard

X399 motherboards are flooding in

Impressive.

so this shit costs like .. 800 bucks, like a full blown regular desktop pc? just for the cpu right?

Yep, half the price of intel's offerings.

Yeah, but a 16C32T chip would've cost you well over a thousand before. Also, despite what motherboard manufacturers might tell you, these chips are largely for non-gaming applications.

These are legit server CPUs, which can go up to $12000
We've never had desktop and server lines so close to eachother, thanks based AMD

i mean I'd like to have more cores, definitely. I'm still running on my core i7 3750K, but I think I'll probably be more than content with an 8 core machine. 4 cores are actually annoying because sometimes I really do need 2-3 VMs and it starts to lag.
But 16 cores for a desktp cpu? hm, nice to have for people who have the money I suppose. Not sure if you ever truly need it. Well then again, every chrome tab runs in its own process, so why not? More cores are always better

AND INTEL IS STILL GATING LANES ON THEIR CPUS

but shills will still compare it to 7700k!

shills will be shills

also it should be compared to whatever it's close to price-wise

DELID DIS

because 7700k is better lol

At what? Your 640x480 gayming?

Goddamn

AHAHAHAHAHA

I think they have no choice. I think badly binned cpus, which going to end up as 6/8c, don't have something to provide lanes.

what are the benefits of this?

Expansion

yeap its official

amd at least for 2017 will have a field day on cpu department..

tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html

>The LGA2066 socket is compatible with LGA2011 cooling solutions, which is a plus. However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option, which will add more cost to the overall solution.

>However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option,
>minimum cooling option
> fucking minimum

like the same as the universe?

Lol.

>4core
>4 thread
>112watt

Nothing if you don't need the power.

Otherwise, the more lanes the better.

Personally I don't need it, I only want a replacement for my 8 years old system; a "normal" Ryzen R7 should be enough.

every game ever
inb4 cherry picking trash 40 metacritic titles

Yes. Smaller motherboards have less PCI-E lanes, and thus the smaller system has more rotational velocidensity applied to these files. By creating a larger system, the universal effect is diffused across the system, thus effecting storage media less.

so it's useless, got it

the instant lack of compatible coolers is kinda offputting desu

If you're planning to use only SSD's. Yes.

If you'll ever use an HDD? No. Very useful.

Oh boy, then went full 9590.

>shitting up HEDT discussion with MUH GAYMES
Kill yourself back to Sup Forums.
>rotational velocidensity
Nice meme.