Be amd

>be amd
>glue two cpus together
>actually werks and btfo's intel
why can't intel do the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11115/intel-confirms-8th-gen-core-on-14nm-data-center-first-to-new-nodes
youtube.com/watch?v=OE8WzYNRPNU
anandtech.com/show/11464/intel-announces-skylakex-bringing-18core-hcc-silicon-to-consumers-for-1999/2
anandtech.com/show/11334/imagination-to-sell-mips-and-ensigma
semiaccurate.com/2017/01/19/amd-infinity-fabric-underpins-everything-will-make/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Their architecture is a monolithic low-yield ringbus turd.

you got shitwrecked

Don't worry, they'll copy IF 5 years later just like they copied HyperTransport and K8's IMC.

And x86-64.

Too bad AMD's train is not going to stop any time soon.
>we're going to throw more money into R&D
>t. Dr. Lisa Su

amd should learn how to use the loo first

based Lisa

Hello IMG_xxxx. No, mr. Brian Krzanich is not going to pay you for damage controlling SKL-X abortions on gook cartoon trading forums.

they are already EMIB-ing cpus with fpgas

That's about as niche as it gets. We're talking about scalable designs.

that's what they did with the Q6600 over 10 years ago, and that was a LEGEND. Better question is WHY they don't do it.

Intel hates NUMA
AMD was always more comfortable with NUMA designs.

My dad still uses my Q9650
Works like a motherfucking charm

>Intel hates NUMA
They don't just hate it, their NUMA implementations suck. See 4S Xeon scaling.

Well, they're gonna have to deal with it, because there's nothing stopping AMD from going even crazier with 300mm^2+ dies and gluing them together, meanwhile their monolithic die maxes out at what... 700mm^2? AMD would have almost twice the total amount of silicon against them, their highend parts would compete with AMD's mid range parts.

Speak for yourself Rajesh

emib will likely see some implementations outside that niche.

ref. anandtech.com/show/11115/intel-confirms-8th-gen-core-on-14nm-data-center-first-to-new-nodes

it's weird how different these threads are to Sup Forums's.
they're actually touting the X-series as destroying Ryzen despite Intel just following suit with moar corez and having a higher TDP and RRP.

They're also still posting day 1 Ryzen 7 gaming benchmarks.
To be fair we've been taught you need Intel for gaymen for over 5 years now.

7nm IBM is what, 30% denser? They can put 4 more coarz and one more memory channel on Zeppelin 2.0.
>data center first to new nodes
>Cannonlake-EP/EX cancelled a few weeks late
LMAO.

>Intel hates NUMA
HERESY
youtube.com/watch?v=OE8WzYNRPNU

>Sup Forums
Sup Forums isn't much better, but at least people are aware physics exists and you're not getting 10, 12, 14, 16 or 18 cores over 3.5GHz without blowing up the motherboard VRM and the PSU

>that video
a simpler time.

i thought i had q6600 but i have t6600

Every time I think Sup Forums's tech threads are retarded, I'm reminded Sup Forums exists. But they're still over there fighting over console exclusives, so it's obviously a bunch of underage b& that can't actually afford more than one console or even a single mid-range gayman PC.

EPYC houses 780mm^2 of 14nm silicon split between 4 dies. I wonder how big 28c SKL-EP will be.

consolewar threads look good compared to the SJW threads.
Far Cry 5 got so many threads over the fake controversy it was pathetic.

We should know when Skylake-X die sizes come out.

Skylake-EP is XCC(triple ringbus or KNL mesh), Skylake-X is HCC(dual ringbus)

It's KNL mesh.

Can confirm this, LCC Skylake-X die is up to 12 cores, HCC is either 18 or 20 cores.
Everything over that is XCC.

Don't even get why Sup Forums would care about HEDT platforms as it's massively outside of their price range (of mom's allowance), and also is clearly not for "muh gaymes" unless you're a complete retard.

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!

For HCC and LCC anand confirms it's still ring bus

anandtech.com/show/11464/intel-announces-skylakex-bringing-18core-hcc-silicon-to-consumers-for-1999/2

XCC would naturally require a third one for the extra 2 memory channels, so maybe that's KNL mesh, but that's a large arch difference so I don't see it happening so easy.

if you think the average poster gave it anymore more thought than "i9? that's more than i7!" then you've got some misplaced faith in their intelligence.

Oh fuck, 5 more years of bingbuses before Intel finally copies IF.

>BUY AMD

Looks like our friend IMG_xxxx-kun worked overtime there.

Even the dumbest normalfag will stop once he sees the prices.

You are thinking of the Pentium D. 2x the housefire for 1.2x performance. C2D was the proper multi core CPU.

64 lanes

>40% more lanes than Intel's most powerful Xeon

Oh God I'm dying over here.

That's not what he means. Iirc C2Q was two C2D's glued together

>x399
>ONE HUNDRED MORE than intel x299
intel finished and bankrupt

Enjoy waiting until 2021 for a new uarch, faggot :^)

Yours tears are DELICIOUS!

>MFW we actually made them go back to Sup Forumseddit

huh, so c2q is 2 dies on mcm? never knew that.

not any more than it stops them from purchasing top priced 2 titans for sli

I think you underestimate them

Because they don't know how computers work, so shills easily take control of the conversation. And the ones who do get into the argument fuck off 20 seconds later to boot up skyrim, because it's almost bedtime.

They have, it's called the Pentium D. I believe the Core2 Quad was also an MCM.

that image makes me angry.

Okay I'm sorry kill it with fire

x86 deserves to burn to the ground, desu.

Intel's helping.

in favor of what? ARM?

POWER or MIPS

M..mommy?? Me milky mommy!

MIPS is being sold out and POWER is simply too high power.

Seems they're doing pretty well shitting on Intel instead.

>MIPS is being sold out
What?

What if AMD decided it gives no fucks and puts 16 cores at $799?

Apple will stop using Imagination GPUs so they are going like almost bankrupt.
12 cores.

in the consumer sphere?

not that user but here: anandtech.com/show/11334/imagination-to-sell-mips-and-ensigma

>housefires
>dead

anandtech.com/show/11334/imagination-to-sell-mips-and-ensigma

Doubt they would, but the shoah would be legendary.

I've heard from some sources than threadripper prices will be really disruptive, considering a Zeppelin die costs like $40 to make, and two cost $80, they make mad margins already, so taking a big fat dump on Intel isn't too strange.

>Zeppelin die costs like $40 to make, and two cost $80
And they have FUCKING 80% YIELDS.

Yes, impressive, if they don't give a fuck about margins too much they could drop prices down by half and still make good money from them.

Shareholders won't like it, but shareholders have only been fucking AMD in the ass, revenue is more important.
Nobody bitches to Apple about 37% gross margins

So I'm actually expecting

>ŧhreadripper launches
>Ryzen 7 and 5 prices fall
>12 core threadripper starts at $500
>16 core at $800 with a lower TDP variant at $650

Memes and falsities? Great reasons.

Well shit, maybe whoever buys it will actually do something with it.

$330 for 8c/16t would be considered disruptive, and it is, but we can see that intel continues selling products unscathed. their grip on the mentality of consumers (and also most professionals) remains airtight and some of the early pro intel reaction to skl-x only emphasizes that

They can price 12core extremely aggressively.

it wont matter since keller is working at tesla, should have put a ring on him tbqh

>that intel continues selling products unscathed
>-14% desktop Q1 revenue with full KL quarter
Lmao.

Keller managed the team. It's Clark who made Zen.

Won't the X399 board cost more than the X299 board?

Maybe a bit.

That's mostly down to chipset pricing, and Intel asks for $60 for their X chipsets.

So no, at worst they'll be equal with similar features.

I pray everyday for an aftermath report with video of nascent housefire as an 18 core oced to 5ghz trys to pull 800w
>vrms pop
>standoffs melt
>cpu melts
>socket combusts
>heatsink droops a little
>molten tin melts through the bottom of the case and sets desk on fire
>psu cap explodes, colors invert
>camera fumbling noise as video ends

are you comparing to q4? semiconductor industry has seasonally strong q4 vs weaker q1.

but no you are on the right track. i should say 'relatively' unscathed. their gross margin remains ridiculous so i am hoping for epyc to put the screws on them.

but we'll see.

I think $999 for the 16-core would be a plenty low enough pricepoint to inflict a total single socket Holocaust on Intel. Remember it has 64 PCIe lanes and ECC support, it would throw most of Intel's single socket Xeon in the bin at those kinds of price points.

> gross margin remains ridiculous
Cool, but volume of sales will drop hilariously low.

i want to believe, user. i really do.

Housefire(tm) experience guaranteed.

More pins and other stuff?

AMD needs to murder Intel, not kill them, they have to tell people that Intel is no longer the premium brand, this is extremely important.

They can do this with Threadripper and Epyc(consumer edition)

And if they had any sense, they would.

> And if they had any sense
Don't worry, AMD's CEO is among the most competent ones in the industry.

>other stuff
Is mostly the same, AMD has more controllers directly on the CPU than Intel so there's a slight advantage there.

Yes, there's more pins, but socket pin costs are small, the retention bracket is more expensive.

this cpu gluing technology might be revolution in gpu actually, make bunch of shitty small dies for pennies glue them all together suddenly you have beast gpu, just gotta make sure they all appear as single gpu.

i had Q6600 for years, before i bought 3570k 5years ago... srsly we have been stagnating in one place for so long.

that is the goal, yes.

ref. semiaccurate.com/2017/01/19/amd-infinity-fabric-underpins-everything-will-make/

>Simlutaneous Multy-Track drifting.jpg
Oy vey

according intel i9 is for ultra high end gaming, so clearly its for gaming? Intel said it themself you want the 18core cpu for 12k gaming

You're so beyond GPU bottlenecked at those resolutions you might as well get a i5 or R5

something people didnt notice..

it has 64 lanes out of the box from the cpu....ONLY

but
it has x3 m2
and 24 more from the chipset itself

That's their plan for Navi. It'd probably have 1 base dies with ACEs+command processor and smaller dies with Shader Engines.

Why would Intel copy an inferior Rypoo Pooripper garbage with bad performance, poor AVX2 performance and no AVX-512 performance at all?

You buy Intel to do real work, you buy AMD if you're a poorfag

so what, intel still is recommending there i9 10-18cores for ultra high end gaming, so where that, i9 isnt for gaming came from? When manufacturer themself say its for gaming?

Marketing usually has no relation to reality.