>2017
>still not having an IPhone
You "people" need to explain yourselves.

>On Monday, Apple released three new adverts on YouTube, on the back of five last week. (We first saw them on 9to5Mac, and you can watch them below.) They're short, about 15 seconds a pop, and each focuses on a single issue: security, performance, speed, or transferring photos.

The overriding message is the same: You get a better experience on an iPhone, and it's easy to switch platforms.

businessinsider.com/apple-new-adverts-persuade-android-users-switch-iphone-2017-5

Other urls found in this thread:

sharp.co.jp/products/602sh/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont care enough about what OS my phone is running to pay any attention to this sort of thing. Nobody I know cares enough its all preference

I've stuck with android since the very beginning (g1) im not about to jump ship now

It's a fucking phone. I bet you can sext just fine on a fucking nokia 3310.

Stop getting worked up over trivial shit user.

I like my 3.5mm jack

>$400 chink piece of shit beats a $1000 iPhone
lol

>security
Well yes, an isolation cell is one of the safest places to be, but Android offers freedom of being a master of your phone and not being cucked by Apple
>performance and speed
Is this again one of thise classic Apple claims "This new model is 2x faster than the last model, buy it now goy!"
>transferring photos
Lmao they arent even trying enymore

Is this a theft in progress?

Nice bait

Not gonna lie I made this thread because I hate having an iPhone. It's so fucking limited I just want an emulator and maybe to not have constantly be bombarded by ads. This OS is so insanely restrictive. I jailbroke my phone once and lost everything, a massive collection of books, all my photos, and all my music recordings, some of which were absolutely beautiful and can never be recreated.
>why didn't you just back it up?
They make it so hard to access or modify your files unless you use whatever shitty apple software they offer.

Didn't you faggots hack PantsuDev's trip? So why do you let this nigger run in the wild?

I don't wanna go Sup Forums on this, but this ad is funny.

Who even watches the ads?

I hear you brother. I too jailbroke mine because I wanted android features.

Hope you don't have an iPhone 6 or 6 plus.

>I have to install itunes to use an iphone

NAH MISS ME WITH THAT GAY SHIT NIGGA

I'm sorry, can you repeat the question?

There is literally no difference between a jailbroken iPhone and a rooted Android phone. The only thing that iOS can offer is exclusive games and better build quality.
Games are of minor importance, since Android has better emulator support to counter iOS's advantage of native "premium" games, and the build quality doesn't matter if your hardware deprecates in two years anyway and you likely replace it.

Not gonna lie, former Android user here. This is fucking hilarious watching Android crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this OS get the nuclear codes.

>iphone
>get cucked by a nigger
yeah sure sounds like fun

>I just want an emulator
aka piracy.

>ads
Install Adblock.

Losing your data in a failed jailbreak attempt is your own fault by the way.

Literally the worst thing about owning an iPhone hands down.

The Adblock apps offered on the AppStore are largely ineffective.

Iphone best phone to kidnap white women?

>Black guy stealing cuck's wife
>Apple ad
Seems about right, yeah

>tfw i have an iphone
It feels disgusting to support that company but I can't stand Android's shit anymore.

>transferring photos.
Having to use either iTunes or the (((cloud))) to transfer files is now a selling argument?

Basically the only thing that I like about the iphone is its great camera, because no other fucking android phone can actually have a good camera at all. I'll still never use iphones because of itunes and not being able to access storage or have a microsd card in it

You can access the DCIM folder without iTunes

>The overriding message is the same: You get a better experience on an iPhone, and it's easy to switch platforms.
I don't care about the experience, I like tinkering my kernel and trying some shit with my phone, I can't do that with an iphone.
Yes iphone are good but they don't fit my needs atm, maybe in the future or if I ever get tired of playing with hardware/software which I highly doubt will happen.

Oh, these phones look nice let's see the-
>Nine Hundred Dollars
Ok I'll stick to my android for sending and recieving fucking text messages.

>2017
>still no expandable storage
>managing music through itunes
>cant plug into my car's stereo

No thanks, I'll stay with my 300 moto g5+ pajeet edition.

a black man carrying away a white women ?
what is this about ?

>It's smoother!
Based on what? What tests or comparisons were done? What did they teat it against, a shitty $20 chinkphone? How can anyone take these ads seriously?

My phones are always about price:performance.
I don't need a 6 core CPU inside the phone because that's why I've got a high performance desktop computer. All I want out of it is normiebook, whatsapp, light internet browsing, music and calls/texts.

If Apple were to introduce an iPhone which wasn't stuck on a contract and didn't cost more than I currently pay for my phones, I'd consider it.
For the record, I'm currently happy using a Motorola Moto E 2nd gen.

You can plug it into your cars stereo they give you an adapter for that. You can't however do that and charge your phone since it uses the same port, which is troublesome for me.

Propaganda of the least common interracial relationships

My phone cost more than iPhone...

But user, there's more to poverty than being poor! You're intellectually impoverished, or you would have bought the supper brand that allows your wife to be stolen by black men.

>
> (OP)
>There is literally no difference between a jailbroken iPhone and a rooted Android phone.
You can neither block ads at system level nor install custom ROMs.
You cannot set up a multi boot.
You cannot install a system-wide DSP.
You cannot install Gentoo. (not even joking here)
You basically cannot do any low level modifications at all on a jailbroken toddlerPhone. Totally the same.

>apple still doesn't understand that android users want freedom and customization

>security
I don't trust Apple with security at all, and never will. It's not too difficult to flash a new version of Lineage to get security updates.

>performance
Goes back and forth, really.

>speed
Same thing as performance.

>transferring photos.
Plug into computer, drag and drop, done.

>There is literally no difference between a jailbroken iPhone and a rooted Android phone
WRONG.

A jailbroken iPhone is vulnerable to attack by definition. If you install security updates, you lose your jailbreak.

A rooted Android phone is no more vulnerable to attack than a non-rooted Android phone. You can flash newer versions of a ROM that still maintain their root access, but which are more secure. Furthermore, it does not take a security vulnerability to root the phone. You just have to change a setting, and then boot into fastboot to flash a custom recovery, and from there flash your ROM from the recovery.

>>I just want an emulator
>aka piracy.
you're an idiot

Why would you slap down however much an iPhone 7+ is then Jew yourself on storage? Also wasn't the 32GB version known to have some models that had slow storage?

I have to give Apple some credit

Their ads are simple, well thought out and recognizeable. I can't think of any memorable Android ads.

The reference to Samsung with the font is very subtile, but can still be picked up by anyone

As much as I prefer Android, Apple does their ads right

>easy to switch platforms

That's fucking bullshit any they know it. I've tried, I bought an iphone to see what the meme is about. Yes basic functionality is all there but so much is missing from the experience. Most of my apps dont exist on IOS and the only similar things are shitty paid apps made by kids or pahjeets, or apps loaded with ads. Even with that I pushed through but accomplishing even the most menial tasks on android are nothing short of a struggle on ios. I'm sure it's great if you use and only use apple's services but it's like chaining yourself to a jail and saying how comfy it is because they provide everything for you, you just miss so much of the world.

>Apple does their ads right
Well no shit, how do you think they built such an unbelievably rich company on the back of subpar or market-equal products with such high markups?
People buy Apple for the "experience", not because its good equipment.

Yeah but their promise of security is horseshit. They're simply lying out of their asses in those spots.

I have an Ipad Air and use it only to play one fucking game and that's it. I don't really care about cellphone and my J7 is enough for me.

What is the message here?
That you can't read the screen in the sun, maybe?

and literally the reverse applies to getting out of the existential jail that is being a macfag

>Oh hey iphone can you tell me about your plug n play file sharing system and all the formats you can use?

Don't get me wrong, I know they're fucking lying

But there's no real "counter" from the superior competition. The normie will just see this ad and will automatically assume that the iPhone is better.

And when the others do horseshit to debunk it, then of course they will think iPhone is better in any way

DELET THIS

LMAO did people already forgot the fappening ?

i-itunes

Yes, your first need to jailbreak your device which is 2 minutes process (including the time needed to download the jailbraking software)

Nonetheless, may I ask why would you need to access the /etc directory of your iPhone or play .aiff files while riding the subway?

microshit is entering mobile all over again.

[spoiler]I-- Is that a penis?[/spoiler]

>your phone
>autism
>iphone
>blacked

>IPhone

>First ad, security
Didnt actually explain how security is better and I have no reason to believe it is, other than small things like the fact that it puts severe limits on the kind of things you can download. Putting iron bars over all my doors and windows so people cant enter and I cant leave is more secure, but I dont want it.

>Second ad, contacts
Telling me how easy the switch is. First convince me to switch, then we can go over how easy it is

>Third ad, performance
I used to have an iphone and, especially for the price, performance was far worse. It would die at 30% battery which would drain literally at 1% every 5 minutes of using 3g.

>Forth ad, Privacy
Plenty of android apps serve the same purpose, aside from that whilst apple may not collect user data (assuming the advert isnt a complete lie) most of the apps you will use do, so its pretty pointless.

Theres a lot of ways you could convince me to make the switch, but that involves being innovative with new phones, something apple clearly doesnt want to do.

apple is for gays
im not a gay
so i dont use gay iphone

I still remember iToddler saying that Apple's ads were good because they never compared their products with the competition
>if it's not an iPhone, then it's not an iPhone
Looks like times have changed.

/thread

>Hi I'm a Mac
>And I'm a PC

Ho yeah i forgot about those

This. Used Moto E 2nd gen since it was released. Never had a problem

>be $1000 iphone
>can't play company's own audio format

This "super easy switch thing" is just petty. Apple users always think oh no Apple doesn't do petty shit. Lmao Apple is fuckin garbage

apple has been strong in the marketing department for a good while. their "pc vs mac" ads are a good example of this.

can you even copy and paste on iphones?

I really hate this whole "your phone vs iPhone" thing. Lmao how dumb do they think their users are nobody has trouble playing music

I mentioned this in a thread yesterday, but I'm not sure how the apple=security meme is still going about. Neither for iOS nor for OSX.

At this stage it's really a baseless claim, the most they can make out is that they have a better closed ecosystem. Which is, on the whole, doubtful.

You can charge and play music at the same time

...if you buy the two official Apple dongles

Absolutely cucked

One of the reasons the "experience is better" is that iphone basically only makes 2 models per year both are high end ones.

So obviously going from your Samsung J3 that costs $180 to an iphone will be a better experience.

iphone sales have already begun to decline , and since most of Apples revenue comes from iphone it must do all it can to reverse that trend or slow it down.
It wasn't long ago that apple introduced the payment play/ upgrade every year thing.

If I were apple, I would just try to keep the brand status as "high end" and not get mudded down with android in the first place, iphones should be marketed as the phones that people get once they start making more money/can afford something better than some pay as you go phone. Apple cannot beat android in sheer numbers, it is impossible, instead it should position itself as the phone to get *after* andriod

but that is just like my opinion mang

I have both an iPad and an unrooted Galaxy S5. I use both every day. My next phone is going to be an Android of some sort, because iOS is not "better enough" to overlook its shortcomings that are dealbreakers for me.

Ya

Feels good not to be spied on
>open facebook
>start tweeting
>watch YouTube videos
>search something on Google
>plan hollyday on tripadvisor
>check Google maps to find destination
>make a skype call
>all this through my isp that is now legally authorized to sell my data to ads

In my experience, it's kind of inferior to Android's implementation. I find the copy-paste lasso is way too eager to turn into a box and cover the entire....box, even when that's not what I wanted. Also, sometimes in certain webpages it leads to strange issues like sides of the box completely disappearing into nothingness because it's confused about the boundaries I actually want.

Android's implementation isn't perfect either, but it's less surprising, and shits the bed far less often.

Why don't you use traffic obfuscation and a good VPN?

sauce?

I'm not interested in downgrading.

>get an iphone
>nigger abducts your wife

AND I KNOW
SOMEWHERE DEEP DOWN IN MY HEART
I STILL LOVE YOU

>feelings-based
>no clear message about the actual product
>more time spent on aesthetics than effectiveness
>literal interracial cuck propaganda

This is why you're losing, idiots

lol no apple
this

I really hated Steve Jobs.

10/10, top kek

What about BlackBerry?

ayylmao

I want flip phones back.

fuck you there a niche market now.
Maybe you want a rotary phone at home back too ?Who needs touch tone

i would kill myself. these cucks have no dignity

Can confirm. Hackintoshed a laptop, only ever boot into macOS on it to jerk off to traps.

Fuck off, Steve. Go back to being dead.

sharp.co.jp/products/602sh/index.html

The only problem with android is SO MUCH BLOATWARE, using storage and bandwidth. Most people don't know/bother to disable these apps (because you can't even unistall them)

Let me know when they bring back the headphone jack, and I'll consider it.

> another black cock white pussy pairing
> kinda it has anything to do with phone