Autism cure found

Will this spell the end of Sup Forums?

>A drug discovered more than 100 years ago may hold the key to combating autism symptoms, according to a study.
>Researcher Dr Robert Naviaux of the San Diego School of Medicine gave suramin, a drug first developed in 1916, to 10 autistic boys between the ages of five and 14, and noted transformative results.

>"After the single dose, it was almost like a roadblock had been released," he said. “If the future studies show that there’s continued health benefits, this could be a game-changer for families with autism.”

rt.com/usa/390222-autism-research-suramin-symptoms/

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2015/10/12/against-against-autism-cures/
geekwire.com/2016/year-later-microsofts-jobs-program-people-autism-working/
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1491791/Missing-link-between-madness-and-genius.html
iidc.indiana.edu/pages/Genius-May-Be-an-Abnormality-Educating-Students-with-Aspergers-Syndrome-or-High-Functioning-Autism
professormichaelfitzgerald.eu/persons-of-genius-with-high-functioning-autism-or-aspergers-syndrome/
paulcooijmans.com/asperger/straight_talk_about_asperger.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you get paranoid about autism and give your baby an experimental drug that weakens the cell walls of its brain cells and an unpredictable effect of this broad change to its neurons gives it autism anyway

Anyways, user, why would you want to get rid of autism anyway?

Who do you think invented all your computers, wrote all your philosophies, wrote all your software, composed all your music?

A bunch of autistic castaways did. They had no connections to other people, so they took refuge in their work and dedicated themselves to being perfect and original. And the billions of shit-eating baby-machines on Earth reap the fruits of the autistic's labor.

But we will miss these posts

>S-surely this is the end of Sup Forums.
>F-for real this time.
no

>Click on OP's image
>It remains the original size

This needs to be fucking banned for its psychological distress alone.

Vaccines cause autism though, so how would you administer it?

You clearly don't have a family member with severe autism (i.e. non-verbal).

Just being able to tell them to shut the fuck up and let the dentist do the X-ray would help a lot, since it would mean you wouldn't have to gas them to sleep with chloroform for a simple dental inspection.

If you could tell them that biting people is not OK in order to reduce the chance that they'll send a caretaker to the hospital, that would be even better.

>philosophies
They actually had to speak so no autism there

Problem diagnosis: lack of beatings

I was a diagnosed sperg in 2000. Guess that doesn't count anymore.

Guess we can just gas autism with this new drug and leave spergs alone.

>If you could tell them that biting people is not OK
They can get this one through to fucking dogs. Have you tried striking the child?

It's a 200x200 animated gif you mong. That's the standard image size, newfriend.

Yeah, back in 2003.

We have big screens now, friend.

Nobody on Sup Forums is actually autistic. You don't even have a mental disorder to blame your problems on. The fact is: you have no one to blame but yourself for being a nEet.

You're wrong.

Standard size of a thumbnail image on the 4 chugger website

>be an actual diagnosed aspie
>three suicide attempts
>throwing fits of rage every six months or so, which get me in a psychiatric ward multiple times
>have tried almost every drug under the Sun
>nothing worked
Then, about a year ago, they got me on Sodium Valproate
>I've started sorting my shit out
>I'm chill af now
>I got a gf
>I'm still a NEET but don't feel useless anymore
/Blog

Online girlfriend?

user I feel your pain.
I, too, have family with (something similar to autism). He has to get knocked out every time he goes to the dentist. My mother labors dutifully every time she washes his teeth to make sure that he doesn't get cavities.

I haven't gone to the dentist in 15 years and brush my teeth twice a week. My teeth are perfect. You just come from families with shit genetics (as if having members of your family being so mentally defective that they should have been aborted wasn't a strong enough sign).

it's a diet thing
how often do you consume simple carbs

>>I got a gf
kek'd

waifus are not gfs.

>rt.com

>Russians

>fake news

Fuk off , op totally not a respectable news outlet anymore fuk eveything

Imo autism is actually evolution in action.
People on the spectrum are far superior to those not on it.

Not saying full on autism is the future but light aspie shit is top notch.

She was at first. Now we see each other every two weeks. The trips to her city are literally the only thing I use my 'tismbux for.
Kek, I still have part of an orthodonce inside my mouth because I got banned from the dentist.

Nonsense, even cavemen had cavities.

Weed lmao

I misread Suramin as "serum" due to being tired as fuck and skimming over the post

if by cavemen you mean post-agriculture humans, yeah
or if by cavities you mean minor dental problems, yeah
nature is not stupid.

This is the quality of posts made by facebookfucktards.

>nature is not stupid.
Then why do so many people have wonky teeth because their jaws are too small to hold their teeth properly?

Unnatural inbreeding

>zigzag spines instead of a nice smooth arch
>knee only bends one way, very susceptible to injury
>exposed testicles, easily hurt
>windpipe and food pipe open into same space allowing for choking
Fuck this shit transhuman when?

what he said and also because we aren't smart and don't eat hard foods, which strengthens jaw muscles.
there's a bunch of dentists who were shunned from the industry because they thought that, can't remember the name of their practice, but they have pretty good science to back it all up.

and also our medical science let those people breed.

>I haven't gone to the dentist in 15 years
>My teeth are perfect
>t-they don't bleed so they're fine!
you are in for a very painful future friend.

Beef Jerky friend. I could snap a bulls neck clean with a bite at this point.

>chemical cures x
Yeah nah

Fucking media goblins
If all journalists were executed the world would lose nothing

yeah but most beef jerky on the market right now is coated with brown sugar so unless you fluoridate yourself into the dark abyss of the jew on a regular basis your teeth probably can't

>Fuk off , op totally not a respectable news outlet anymore fuk eveything
is that you, Hillary, you evil old cunt?

Nah

The US military will find a way to weaponise autism

If 4chins can do it anyone can

Autists can't compose music

The only person in academia I can think of who made a significant contribution with ACTUAL disorder was Grothendieck. And still he was pretty normal until his hermit phase.

Hahaha this is fantastic
If assburgers is now cured then my tech job is secured for the rest of eternity

>Not saying full on autism is the future
Okay, kid. High functioning autism is the next step in human evolution.

There's a difference between Sup Forums-tier autism and forcibly-incarcerated-in-a-mental-institution-tier autism, and the Against Autism Cures movement may be doing more damage than they actually realise:

slatestarcodex.com/2015/10/12/against-against-autism-cures/

What a fucking ableist. Why do we have to "cure" autism. You talk like there is something wrong with autistic people, like they are inferior. Not everyone can be as privileged as you asshole.

transhumanism is the work of satan
don't be fooled

geekwire.com/2016/year-later-microsofts-jobs-program-people-autism-working/
I want to work.

I really don't mind having autism, but I'm 21 now so.
Then I have high functioning aspergers, I can see this medicine being used for more severe cases.

What a massive fucking coincidence they invented a cure for autism immediately after Trump's victory

A total (((coincidence))), goys!

Kushner likes this.

I hope this helps me, maybe I could get a gf now..

I'm an actual diagnosed aspie and I'm still living at home at 21, but I'm also working, going through uni, and (at least trying to) studying mathematics, computer science, and electrical engineering on my own time.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Did your mother baby you like my step brother's did, to the point where he could barely read in high school?

>A worryingly high percent of the autistic people I encounter tend to be screaming, beating their heads against things, attacking nurses, or chewing off their own body parts. Once you’re trying to chew off your own body parts, I feel like the question “But is it really a disease or not?” sort of loses its oomph.

Yeah sure guys, everyone in this thread saying that they're a diagnosed aspie can totally speak for everyone who got this increasingly meaningless label

It's a brain problem... Error checking can only take you so far.
Hence why there's multiable degrees of the problem.

Why do you feel the need to make having Aspergers a part of your identity?

It's an ill defined disorder anyway. You could easily be faking it.

Grow the fuck up.

Sort yourselves out.

>Grow the fuck up.
>Sort yourselves out.

I'm covfefe on it

Now, we need pills to actually give people the gift of autism. So that we can fix normies and fix the world.

I agree my man

Male autists are amazing at programming and other math related skills
Female autists are frigid as fuck, would solve overpopulation
If the entire world was autists everyone would have a basic income

He's right about nobody on Sup Forums is autistic, it's full of normalfags pretending for epic screencaps that they can post on facebook later.

I'm only pretending to be retarded for that same reason.

waifus > 3dpd

>glorifying autism unironically

brb offloading my fidget spinners at rockbottom prices

Nice step-injecting pedometer-hacking skills.

i wass less or equal active than 99% and my weight is 140lbs

>Take Cure
>WTF I love football, Hollywood movies, radio music, working out, and being social now!
>I should stop using linux too while I am at it.

>being antisocial is the same as autism
this is why Sup Forums these days is shit.

You should just kill yourself while you are at it.

When i installed Windows 10 my muscles doubled its size, became a J League soccer a B tier J-drama actor, a Justin Bieber fan and have threesomes every night (no bitches).
You can't beat this with your shitty loonix trash!

>RT

Yes comrade, excellent article. Beloved Leader Putin has blessed us with a cure for the Western plague!

kek. Just wait until I get that cure. I will be more normie than you. I can't wait to meet those bitches down at the club

i make it myself. used to be a meat-cutter/butcher-in-training. it's really not all that hard. you could even dehydrate stuff in the oven, but it'll be hot as balls in the kitchen for hours. i suggest using a toaster oven for small batches if you can't afford a dehydrator.

Why didn't you use it?
Why are you still in this site?

>Conflating all autism, with HFA or Asperger's syndrome.
>telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1491791/Missing-link-between-madness-and-genius.html
>iidc.indiana.edu/pages/Genius-May-Be-an-Abnormality-Educating-Students-with-Aspergers-Syndrome-or-High-Functioning-Autism
>professormichaelfitzgerald.eu/persons-of-genius-with-high-functioning-autism-or-aspergers-syndrome/
>paulcooijmans.com/asperger/straight_talk_about_asperger.html
And just because your brother, aunt; uncle and what have you is a retard because of their classical (low functioning autism) it doesn't mean that you can't thank most of modern STEM on people with HFA or Asperger's syndrome.
So next time you go:
>B-BUT MY F-FAMILY!
Guess what, atypical neurology isn't always the same you neurotypical morons.

Anime creators on suicide watch

It seems like everybody has their own definition of autism.

Children who are emotionally neglected by parents in early childhood can show symptoms of autism.
4chin thinks lack of social skills and having ADHD = autism.
You just suffer from special snowflake syndrome.

Someone fucking tell me where exactly on the spectrum those diagnosed with PDD-NOS lie? HFA?

In a garbage can

>when your waifu keeps half your stuff after the divorce

>cell walls of its brain cells

Is your brain a tree?

>cell walls
>brain cells
don't take biology advice from this guy

Quite. To wit:
>>Conflating all autism, with HFA or Asperger's syndrome.
Well, then, what is the difference?

Aspergers is just code for "a social fuckup who won't put any work into changing his life for the better".

KYS.

That one can function, the other cannot? It happens to even be in the name. :D

How do I acquire this magical drug?

Get laid the sauce in puss is cure to autism

>10 autistic boys
Nice sample size retard.

The fact that it took over 80 posts before someone posted the obvious, autistic, and warranted reply to this shit (i.e. ) is a good hint that most anons are not actually autistic.

Crazy to think there are actually people who think this way. Any good nonbiased books on this current cultural swing?@

>>feel
Didn't read the link but whenever people use the word "feel" it makes me instantly take their opinion less seriously when they are trying to speak persuasively