Mechanical Pencils

Just ordered my endgame pencil, what do you use, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

dancharblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/surface-pen-compatibility-interoperability-faq/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Surface book with surface pen. When the new surface pen with 4096 layers of pressure and tilt sensitivity comes out I'll swap over to that.

I'm a sucker for style.

The pressure levels aren't transferable. You need the SP(5) to take advantage of it.

I use a highly functional non-pretentious kuru toga

How are Rotring pencils?

How so? Its a Bluetooth connection and all the pressure levels are monitored by a spring in the pen.

kuru toga has a high class version that similar to the roulette except it has no knurled metal grip and that disqualifies it from being "non-pretentious".

Mine has a knurled grip

I use pic related

There is no better. Pentel GraphGear 500 Automatic Drafting Pencil in 0.3mm

I love mine. Even with the retractable tip there's nearly zero wobble to the tip, and I enjoy how long the narrow section is at the end, as well as that the neck above it isn't tapered. Lack of (usable) eraser is the downside, but I always just assume with any mechanical pencil I'll carry around an eraser as well.

Drafting Pencil newfag here. What's so good about these things?

goddamn right

they just feel good, and the grip being textured metal, your hand won't slip on them, even if you're really sweaty

Theirs weight to them, giving you an immense amount of control. Makes writing clear so effortless.

On top of that the entire thing is metal. It just feels premium in quality all over.

>0.3mm
Won't that break?

Do you use them for everyday writing or exclusively drafting?

Not in my experience, though you might have to click more often than you're used to.

Nothing's more awkward then doing a test and writing furiously having the lead break on you over and over.

Can't wait for mechanical pencil genreat

>gripping knurled metal
I hope you like irreversible damage to your muscle tissue

>tip that bends if there's a slight breeze

Meme pens. Most of them have a needle tip which bends easily, when a conical tip makes way more structural sense. They have uncomfortable jagged grips that literally damage your hand when you use them. They are expensive and prone to failure.

dancharblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/surface-pen-compatibility-interoperability-faq/

Has anyone tired the Pentel Orenz Nero?

rotring 600

my rotating action is starting to make a squeaking sound

First we let the "Hurr durr microwaves are technology" people through, then we get this faggot who's not even pretending this is tech.
Go fucking die in a hole with the rest of your kind.

>not believing that microwaves are technology
>mad about mechanical pencil threads
Fuck off back to /r/eddit. I know someone from Sup Forums would already appreciate this

This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums. This shouldn't even be on Sup Forums.
A pencil is not technology. It's a rock inside a tube.

except kurutoga is a pretentious gimmick and the build quality on the actual pencil is complete shit

oh look, fresh from redditw that has never seen a mechanical pencil thread

just go back already
>This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums
Sup Forums is literally Sup Forums

Mars micro master race

Meme or not, I'm pretty pleased with this guy.

The For Horseman of the Apocalypse
I don't understand why kurutoga pencils are getting hate. They are affordable and functional pencils. Sure, it is a bit awkward how the tip recesses a bit when you apply pressure but you get used to it, and the kurutoga engine is fun to watch.

Also, do you guys think it is a good idea to start a pencil review channel on YouTube?

>Also, do you guys think it is a good idea to start a pencil review channel on YouTube?
there are a million of them already

I've used many mechanicals over time.

I like my rotring 600 as a desk pencil
The graphgear 500 or alphagel as a carry around

Hi-tec-C are my all time favorite pens

Yeah but most are lame people, I'm cool

hell, if you think you can put out unique good content go ahead. Just saying that there are fucking specialty shops out there that review stationary. Hard to compete I would imagine

There is absolutely nothing better than the Rotring 600.

It satisfies my mild autism.

Do any other pencils have the clicker in the same position as the techniclick? this has to be in my top 2 pencils for this reason

Dang, very true my friend. Maybe just something fun to do with spare time

does my poverty offend you

>Gripping that buttplug

Hope you like greasy silicone.

aaaaaaaa why is that lead drawn out so much

he did it on purpose
the madman

>what is soap and water
I know you NEETs have trouble with washing up but seriously, you think knurled metal magically doesn't collect grease? Rubber is incredibly easy to wash.

>Both easy to clean
>Metal more durable, and does not hurt finger unless you are a spastic white-knuckle gripper
>Rotring

End of story

I'm a sucker to this

>smash
My man, good choice. Metal components inside, comfy, light and indestructibly durable plastic outside.

Mechanical pencils have incredibly precise technology within them, most nations are NOT able to produce them.

To say they are not technology is reddit tier ignorance.

I usually just shit on the ground then use my pinky to dab shit on the paper to write out words.

Pentel makes nice stuff? To me they have always been a budget pen brand with shit cartridges that I only buy because the RSVP is good for pen spinning.

rotring tikky 3 in 1

got a rotring 800+ for £25 off amazon

it's v nice but overpriced. if you can't get a deal, just get a rotring 600, no gimmicks, build quality is stronk tier

>pulling your skin sideways across your bones constantly if you don't hold your pencil perfectly
Yeah, no, fuck that. I'd take knurled or otherwise hard grips over disgusting finger hurting rubber grips any day.

Not to mention the grease buildup. Flat rubber picks up grease and shit far faster and worse feeling than any other type of grip.

I tried one of the non-metal versions of this and it was terribad. The rotating mechanism was unreliable as fuck, it would always either do nothing (took way too much pressure to work) or slip backwards in the most uncomfortable way every other stroke. I'm not sold on the gimmick after having tried it. Maybe the metal ones are more reliable and use softer springs, but seriously fuck the cheap plastic version.