Hey rest of the world, what's with all the violence around soccer games...

Hey rest of the world, what's with all the violence around soccer games? Not the first time I've heard of riots started by a match.

bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36506917

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism
youtube.com/watch?v=cWBlpHYWwQI
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-36503115
youtube.com/watch?v=qiMJdl7k9sU
youtube.com/watch?v=bN5iZVxnSr8
twitter.com/yssoor_HFC/status/741801936538701826
twitter.com/dolg132004/status/741665920960061444
twitter.com/espnfc/status/741756412011937792
twitter.com/emmamurphyitv/status/741648237996675072
twitter.com/LaProvenceEuro/status/741671856437121024
twitter.com/LaProvenceEuro/status/741671090011922433
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because soccer clubs is where the scummiest of scum congregate. They're basically gangs.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

In Britain, and I assume elsewhere there is a huge culture of it. The idea is a bit like fight club I guess, like it's a break from every day work just to get into a fight. For the most part people don't get killed or anything, it's not like gang warfare, rather that "firms" (groups of men who are into football and fighting who support a particular team) organise a place where they're gonna meet up and fight. There's loads of films made here about it and it had a huge influence on fashion here as well ("casuals" was like a subculture it spawned, which started with a few fans stealing Italian and French sportswear during international matches and bringing it back, which made foreign sportswear into a fashion piece here)

I thought brits would put up a much better fight against the russians t b h

tbf, we take anyone who gets done for hooliganism's passport away here. Most of the English people fighting in France would just be some tanked up wannabes, while Russia's are more likely actual firms who are going specifically to beat the shit out of anyone and everyone. Most of the "hooliganism" on our front seems more like typical Brit aboard behaviour. I don't know if you yanks have the same perception of us as Europe, but when we go to Europe it's basically get smashed and shout at locals.

Pig of Marseilles didn't go as he promised to?

In ancient rome there were lethal brawls over horsecard racing.
Sports based tribalism seems to flourish under certain conditions.

Hooligans aren't as usual as it used to be nowadays here, after a law that doesn't allow supporters from the biggest teams go against each other games, that avoided the violence. I think this law only applies in São Paulo. Now that the Brazilian championship started, the hooligans been fighting again.

youtube.com/watch?v=cWBlpHYWwQI

He wasn't allowed to go, like most of the British hooligans

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-36503115

>I don't know if you yanks have the same perception of us as Europe, but when we go to Europe it's basically get smashed and shout at locals.

Anglo culture truly is the envy of the world

I'd be in favour of gassing football hooligans to be honest. I'm ashamed to share a country with these monkeys.

this is the reason hockey is a based sport
all the bullshit ref calls and sneaky dives are vented out on the field/ice, where the players do the fighting rather than the fans afterwards

we've had like one hockey riot ever (tiny compared to football riots), you guys have a football riot like every second game, usually every game a balkan/slav/iberian team plays in

youtube.com/watch?v=qiMJdl7k9sU

vid related, the beast known as bob probert

>rather than the fans
Don't they throw things on the ice sometimes?

just banter m8

Between your holigans, the russians and our owns from Marseille and Paris, the situation was nightmarish.

>Don't they throw things on the ice sometimes?
yeah, hats when a player gets a hat trick, and its celebratory
youtube.com/watch?v=bN5iZVxnSr8

you guys are lucky that the serbs hadn't qualified

well fuck chose a shitty vid because thats teddy bears not hats, but usually its hats kek

Football gives them an excuse for going full tribal mode.
>muh passion for muh team
>muh colors

I think he means when refs make bullshit calls they will throw food at them.

Wasn't there something about throwing waffles at some point?

it's just the result of collective pent up energy and frustration after having to sit through 90 minutes of the most tedious sport ever invented only for the game to end in a tie.

Holy shit man. I think there flags have something to do with it too. When you make it playing for your country, people get wild. Flags are powerful.

IMO thats extremely rare in NHL games unless there's a really nasty atmosphere anyways, usually due to an injury-causing hit or something of the like

That was at a Maple Laffs game.

twitter.com/yssoor_HFC/status/741801936538701826

They are all the same idiots, frankly, it doesn't matter where they come from

sure, but the serbs killed a french guy in 2008 in belgrade

>In Britain, and I assume elsewhere there is a huge culture of it.

Tbh, it's pretty much died out now for us. At least in the sense of having highly organized gangs who just go looking for fights with each other. Obviously we still have dickheads who like to fight, but it's not on the level it was in 70's and 80's..

Eastern Europe and Russia have taken the blueprint we created back then, and run with it.

That's why we're getting our shit caved in at the moment in France.

We're filthy casuals at hooliganism compared to the eastern europeans and Russians.

Unfortunately, we still have the reputation and our fans are gobby cunts. They really have no idea what they're getting themselves into by provoking the Russian old school brand of hooligans.

I suspect at least one dead England fan by nights end.

They all are capable of killing.

>I suspect at least one dead England fan by nights end.

there are reports about one dead french policeman and britbongs leaving the town..

Canada would get their shit caved in even harder than we are by the Russians.

Russians are the scariest white people that exist. They're fucking mental. They have nothing to lose, because they're fucking Russian and their country and life sucks shit.

I'm impressed how many of our fans think they stand a chance. It's a funny mix of extreme bravery, and extreme stupidity.

>Making shit up and saying 'reports of'.
>Not linking to news report.

Tired meme. 2/10.

>I'm impressed how many of our fans think they stand a chance. It's a funny mix of extreme bravery, and extreme stupidity.

You forgot the most important: extreme drunkenness.

Can anyone pass images or links of the altercations between the Brits and the Russians? I arrived late and couldn't see anything.

There's not a level of drunk I could be at where I'd think it's a good idea to attempt to fight a Russian hooligan.

Northern europeans

SOLO

lollllll

twitter.com/dolg132004/status/741665920960061444

kek

Russians managed to smuggle a flare gun into the stadium:
twitter.com/espnfc/status/741756412011937792

Ultras:
twitter.com/emmamurphyitv/status/741648237996675072

Black guy sucker punched:
twitter.com/LaProvenceEuro/status/741671856437121024

Some more fighting:
twitter.com/LaProvenceEuro/status/741671090011922433

>Last night hooligan Yuri, who was contacted via a Facebook page glorifying Russian football violence, said many thugs worked out in special training camps to hone their fighting skills.

>He revealed: “We are hard men, many from the army and police.

>“Not soft English men in their Lacoste clothes and girls’ shoes. Fans from all clubs, Moscow, St Petersburg, anywhere, will all be on same side.

>“We fight in the woods and train and fight at matches. England fans will have no chance. Russia is number one. “We like beer and girls too just like you but fighting is number one.”

ayy lmao

We had a hooligan problem in the 70's when our country was shit and circling the drain economically.

Now Russia has a hooligan problem...

What can we derive from this?

that the uk is a degenerate place like russia and it's medicated with shekels

Noice.

You still have a hooligan problem, genius.

Hockey is amazing.
It goes from a hockey match to a boxing match in a split (lip) second, just listen to those announcers.

>his """"""""""""""sport""""""""""""""""" does not attract violent drunk people
What a cuck

The black guy wasn't doing anything top keke

99% of football hooligans are nazis

Albanian natioalism at rise

The lowest of the low are attracted to it. The conflict between the Russian and English fans today was between the scum of both countries.

>English just having a good time
>singing songs, drinking beer
>bantering the locals maybe a little too much
>all of the proper English hooligans are banned from entering the euro contests anyway
>Russian ultras in fuckingn balaclavas come out of nowhere and target English fans for no reason

yeah course
just look at all the incidents in England over the last 15 years
oh wait there weren't any until the Ruskies and French attacked the English fans because they got offended by a few chants