W A I T™ VEGA

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-vega-launch-late-july-live-gaming-demo/

>The Radeon Vega Frontier edition launches one month earlier but it has been mentioned that the card isn’t entirely purposed for gaming

Other urls found in this thread:

jpmorgan.metameetings.net/events/tmt17/sessions/12377-advanced-micro-devices-inc/webcast
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/"AYYMD HOUSEFIRES"/
youtube.com/watch?v=pwfvKu8o3tU
youtube.com/watch?v=YC2ZlLoo14w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>AMD Radeon RX Vega Launches in Late July – Dual Radeon RX Vega in Gaming and Quad Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Demoed on 16 Core Threadripper Platform
>Quad Radeon Vega

This can't be real. AMD have lost it.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

I got bored with waiting and picked up a 1080 ti last week.

AMD must be having serious issues if it's taking this long to release Vega

> Damage control: The card

A
>Vega 10 is too slow to be launched now

B
>HBM2 availability problems

C
>both

Also That's why nVidia use HBM2 only on Tesla and some Quadros

I think the issue is with production. They've gone the server market with the launch of EPYC and THREAD RIPPER
If they went with consumer GPU's, they'd leave major business high and dry.
This is not an issue with yield I don't think. As the RX series and Ryzen were very flawless in terms of production.
But the issue is shear quantity. RX is selling like hotcakes and is often out of stock
>butt coin
No. ASIC miners exist that BTFO them for 150-200$

This is an issue with not having enough fabs
So they went with business rather than consumer.
No point in making a 32 core CPU if it's going to be paired with a competitors inferior GPU due to supply.
They want to sell the AMD system, and have been doing it pretty well. But yes, not haveing vega to pair with a Ryzen cpu is a downer.
But it's a wise choice given not many people have need for something for 4k gaming. And the RX580 does 1440p pretty well.

nice screen tearing

>projectors
>how do they work

Yeah about those rx,i'm waiting for 1 week already,restock is planned next month 6. for europe.

I was about to cancell my order and wait for vega...but damn now i sure will not do that.

Isn't Vega and 480/580 on different price points?

Depends on your current system. If you need a new card, you need it. But vega should require a full system upgrade to get the most out of it/not be slapping a $500 card on a shitbox.

Yeah i wanted to use it in my old system and then upgrade to ryzen+ next year.

Intel Core i5 3570K
8gb ram
current card gtx 560

So yeah rx580 is already more than double upgrade in graphic performance.

think a 1050ti would hold you over and not break bank till then.

At this point it better be 1080Ti performance at RX 580 prices to make up for all these shitty "presentations"

Well I had 130$ coupon code so I paid just 120$ for 8gb pulse.

I can always just give it to my mom to play sims and railroad tycoon.

I play on lg ultrawide with less than 1440p resolution so I do not need the power of vega or 1080. It was planed purely for dick measuring contests .

I wouldn't pass up that saving. Even to give it to someone.
Got any more cupons, or how to get them?

>GT 210>HD 6750>HD 7750>R9 280>R9 380>R9 390
I had enough with AMD

Which GTX 1080 should I buy?

FUCK YEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!

THIS TIME INTELKEKS AND NVIDIAKEKS WILL FINALLY CRUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any, all aib are decent and you will get the same overcloking. Save shekels

I'll go with the Strix Version then. Cheapest one beside the MSI Armor editio nor blower style fan

rx 580

For everyone shitting their pants: We already knew RX Vega would be launching in July. There was an interview with Lisa Su where she all but confirmed it.

"Frontier Edition will ship with 16GB of HBM2 towards the latter half of June. You will see the enthusiast gaming platform, the machine learning platform and the processional graphics platform very soon thereafter. And so, we will be launching Vega across all the market segments over the next couple of months. "

jpmorgan.metameetings.net/events/tmt17/sessions/12377-advanced-micro-devices-inc/webcast (enter whatever email, name, it doesn't matter)

Maybe it came as a surprise to you, but I was already planning to "Just wait". Since I'm not getting a new PC until next year.

The 480/580 is fast like the 390x...

We talk about the gaymen version itt tho

are you in a hurry to upgrade? 390 should still be fine.

we got a price or what? is there only one vega or what? also why is the stock cooler so shit again?

She is talking about the gaming version there, though. Frontier Edition in June, everyting else "next couple of months" i.e. July.

Its overheating a bit, also my PSU isn't the best

This x1000. I was right, Vega is fury 2.0. A mess

wait for vega solider. don't abondon the ship when it needs you the most.

But my R9 390 got gimped.

I'm not even trolling, Heaven Bench went from 1740 to 1600 (8-10 FPS loss) with recent driver updates

They're still only 1-2 months off their internal schedule. Does it suck having to wait this long? Yeah. But they're still mostly on track. It's taking longer because AMD isn't an enormous company with huge resources. Also, if it were slower than a 1070, I doubt they would bother launching it at all.

>my PSU isn't the best
Isn't 1080 as power hungry as 390?

>Vega 10 is too slow to be launched now
not likely.
like wtf are you going to do with it?
you won't make it faster without redesigning the whole architecture

>HBM2 availability problems
probably this

Not even close. (60-80W difference)

1080 is way less hungry. A stock 390 system draws like 365W while the 1080 one is 250W with super heavy OC models topping out at 300W. All data for the whole system.

Thanks.
507W wtf?

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES 2 8 PINS 375W

Dual 290x with a special Water cooling

Fuck off, spammer. archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/"AYYMD HOUSEFIRES"/

holy shit, they announced that to tell everyone to wait 2 more months? no demo no price range? wtf

The general consensus is that VEGA does not yet have good drivers. The architecture is completely different and it even use IF like Ryzen.
We are basically waiting for drivers to be writen.

lmao what? do you get cheaper cards after a while when you buy AMD only or something?

>waited for vega
>got a price cut 1080
thank you based amd

It's ok

youtube.com/watch?v=pwfvKu8o3tU

>>butt coin
>No. ASIC miners exist that BTFO them for 150-200$
ethereum.

Why not start the production and release the card when the drivers will be ''ready''?

Fuck that shit I'm buying a 1060 in like 2 days

Get a 1070, this shit is only 379$ and faster than a oc 980ti

HBM2 was a mistake?

But they are? Workstation Vega and gaming Vega are the same chip, just with a different shroud and drivers.

I was going to, but all I have is a 1080p 60hz monitor, so I can't really take advantage of the 1070 too much. In like 6 months or more ill get a 1440p 144hz g sync
monitor, and either a Vega card or the 1180/2080.

Everyone knows AMD is a CPU company now

They're only continuing GPU development enough to keep the console contracts

>wait until early August

wasn't that far off with Vega cancer

meanwhile Nvidia Volta while those Rajeets aren't able to release a proper GPU within 11 months.

>bigger Pascal
Wew.

THIS.

Going full yid with my next upgrade
i5 + 1070 ftw

>wanting frontier scraps and waiting for it
autism

They're about the same performance actually
Main difference is tessellation? I think is more improved, and power draw. But on average they're the same performance in gaymen

Just like someone wanting Quadro scraps?

11 months

1080ti was released a year ago?

Volta isn't coming out until Q2 2018. And it will prob. be 20% faster than Pascal. If you're lucky.

probably some power consumption stuff

So they can't even reach 60 fps with 1 card?

>he thinks it will reach 1080 ti performance

LMFAO

kill yourself

PR for Vega is is going to be a year late soon but where is the GPU where is it ?

..........we already know it can reach 60 fps on a single card

those cards assuming it was running on a 60zh monitor they were hitting 160-180 fps (you can extrapolate the tearing frame quite easy and get a number for it)

Vega 1080ti killer @ 400$ price point confirmed

>400$
You mean $550?

>it's the repeat of of 2x480

AMD is so fucking useless. Glad I stopped giving a shit about them.

you know full well gaymers are gonna get a 1080ti for a measly 100$ more, so it needs to be at least 150-200$ cheaper

gtx 1080ti is around 55 in prey after patches.

>>AMD Radeon RX Vega Launches in Late July
That will be a launch just like Polaris.

Reference Vega will become available mid August, and AIB Vega will be early/mid September.

Can't beat Nvidia?
Use two frontier to appeal to degenerates!

Can't beat Intel?
Use 4 cpus glued together!

KEK

You can extrapolate all you want, Raja himself confirmed the demo was running about 60FPS

That's fucked

To be fair they're making margins in the CPU market and Ryzen is fairly competitive. You can say all you want but the X299 memery from Intel who is selling an 8 core for $400 cheaper than before(!) is a direct response to Ryzen.

The Radeon Technology Group however has been a joke for the last years. Rebrands until they got the last out of GCN, the watercooled Fury X fiasco, Polaris not being able to outright beat a 1060 in the midrange, and now the wait for Vega meme.

>4 cpus glued together
>stronger and draw less power than intel

i know it's obviously bait but amd is at least doing very well in the cpu department

>you know full well gaymers are gonna get a 1080ti for a measly 100$ more
That was always the case. No one ever actually bought AMD cards. Fucking FERMI outsold Evergreens.

>>stronger and draw less power than intel
the cooling for Threadripper alone takes 100watts

get a grip of your life already AMD shill

>inb4 Volta is just around the corner by the time good custom Vega cards are easily available

Kek this

he literally said well above any single card

kek

>bigger Pascal
Why not to buy simply Pascal?

>Threadripper alone takes 100watts
did you see the 18 core jewtel's tdp kike? it is double of that.

I already own Pascal user, I want faster cards for muh 4K 144Hz

lmao retarded desperate shills
amd has been milking you idiots for far too long and you still bend over for their corporate cocks to fill you with jewery

>To be fair they're making margins in the CPU market
inb4 someone posts Steam survey

>4K 144Hz
He he no. Impossible without some ~700 mm^2 dies.

there was a recent update that fixed something about shadows apparently which hit performance pretty hard
how recent is that image?

youtube.com/watch?v=YC2ZlLoo14w

damn yea that's a hard tank

ultra not very high

Wow, that's a 20-30% decrease.

Very high is maximum on Prey.