Electrical meme

Explain this please, why is the bottom one a bad way of converting AC to DC?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode_bridge
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You waste half of the energy

Oh right

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode_bridge

Because the result isn't even close to DC.

This. Every engineer besides civil can verify.

Don't forget about Product """engineers""", QA """engineers""", marketing """engineers", etc.

other than lack of full bridge rectifying, like many pouted out.

It's not very safe, one surge could destroy the single diode and AC would rush the other end.

I got all except the first one. It's obviously better (a quick google of SL2831 gives that straight away), but I'm not sure what current-mode control is all about.

As a civil engineer even I can verify.
We do have physics, and electronic measurements courses required.
(just so we can use tensometers)

Also there's no smoothing capacitor, so the DC output would be noisy depending on the noise in the AC line.

EE here, quality meme thanks for the kek.

What do the others look like?

this, except for the first one

and Software """""""engineers""""""""

That's the raw rectifier output. The middle two circuits have smoothing capacitors to make that closer to DC

the third one will be relatively more smooth, and the second one will be pretty much smooth to the limits of the linear regulator

in the second one the linear regulator will smooth it to 5V DC

in the third one the cap will smooth it to 9V DC with no load, getting less smooth the more load you connect

7805 is poo

Here is a look at what the capacitors do in 2 and 3

Because you only get DC on the top wire

You wont tho

If one of our engineers/workers ever made something like the bottom one as a DC source, we'd sack him immediately.

But he is saving the company millions in parts

What if a woman or nigger engineer made it?

It'd cost more a lot more in the aftermath.

Sacked. It doesn't matter here in Germany what your label is. If you're not suited for the job, you're either out or doing something else. That one would be a giant fuckup, violating rules, common sense and probably damaging the company. They can feel free to sue us, though. But they shouldn't get their hopes too high, they might even lose more than they gambled for.

Kek

>not clamping with a zener diode
also
>not stabilising the voltage using discrete silicon diodes, each one dropping .7V, so 7 diodes in series

Shouldn't this meme have its contents ordered from worst to best in accordance to the brain scans, not best to worst?

it's a meme you dip

Who cares if its a meme? What is its internal logic? How does one replicate this meme?

That's the joke.

Fuck you firefox, stop putting that name i used once back in the name field. wtf.

most likely that's 4chanX or some other plugin

The meme does have the "internal logic" that the worst result is at the bottom.

It's called irony..

Can we please stop pretending using an IC regulator isn't the best idea, k thanks.

So the last one is bad because, while technically working, most of the energy will be wasted on heating R1?
No bully pls, it's been a long time since my EE classes.

I'm a certified software engineer, in my country we have software engineering degree and yes we do physics, electronics and tons of math.

Source: I'm a frenchfag.

The second one is actually rectified, so it is perfect dc

I'm a """software engineer""". Not by name I only call myself "programmer" and thats ok but I have a BSCS but no idea of electronics.

How much time would one need to invest to understand diagrams like this and how would one start? Not trying to become an EE but maybe get some basic ideo of the machines I'm using.

Spotted the newfag

Perhaps take electrical engineering 101 at a local uni?

If it's anything like my CS 101 then it'll be absolutely useless for any kind of practical work. But granted half of my degree was a big meme anyway. Maybe I'll check it out.
Any books or something tho?

Start by studying pure mathematics for 8 years.

Kekle

Here u go

ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/

Last pic's output is the second/third graph in pic related.

>First pic - Don't want to actually look at it, but essentially looks like a 120V AC to USB output.
>Second pic - Should have a near-baby-smooth +5V output due to use of caps and the voltage regulator.
>Third pic - Should have a relatively smooth +5V output since it's the second pic minus the voltage regulator. It'd look like the fourth graph in pic related but with the zero closer to +5V.

This is also ignoring the fact that the first pic is the only one with anything protecting the system. The next three pics look like they'd be used for just simulation or demo purposes.

>isn't even close to DC
It's DC though.

>tfw I have no idea and I graduated with a EE and CE degree
At least all I do now is program, I didn't realize I fucking hated doing analog circuits until I was almost done with my degree.

Hey man I know nothing about electronics and have been considering going back to university to study it, maybe in the form of EE. Do you think it's worth it or I should self teach?

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to be an engineer and get an engineers salary you'll have to go to school. Sometimes you can get by with experience alone but you'll need like 10+ years in the field and you won't get paid as much, even if you're smarter and do better work than others.

That diode prevents the flow of current in the opposite direction. So it would block half the power.

Studying for Engineer in computer science here
Had to take physics/calculus class like people on electric and have to take a class on electronics

>computer engineering isn't real engineering either!
Come on user, step it up.

nice

>tfw got d+ in electronics II
As CE can confirm, should've just taken CS.

Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better if I just switched to CS right away. I like programming for hardware though and most CS people don't do that.

The real twist is that the light coming from the brains is actually sparks as the person is getting electrocuted by the circuits

Multi-stage and amplifiers, oscillators, and differential amplifiers/circuits?

yeah, I feel as though I'd have been destined for embedded either way.

>How much time would one need to invest to understand diagrams like this and how would one start? Not trying to become an EE but maybe get some basic ideo of the machines I'm using.
Less than a day for all of them except the first

I basically stopped going half way through the course, but yeah. depression, yo

Oscillators are cancer in general desu. At least it's not RF circuits.

The bottom few aren't too hard to understand, really. First, look up some basic stuff about current, voltage, power, and the like, then try to find what the symbols on the drawing mean and look that up. Hour tops with Wikipedia to understand what's going on a basic level.

ty lads

nice foot!!
moar!!

What shit college did you go to?

It depends on the load. But in idle the loss is 575 Watts for the system