Nyaa Replacement General /nrg/

Previous This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (nyaa.pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

News
>Added api searching
>Theme fix up is still ongoing but making progress
>Scrapers in progress
>Added untested reset api button
>Now use svgs for icons
>Mods have more mass edit tools
>Filelist tree views properly work
>Elastic search done but needs testing

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin

Development roadmap:
>trello.com/b/gMJBwoRq/nyaa-pantsu-cat-roadmap

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

transparency.pantsu.cat
nyaa.pantsu.cat/user/14/HorribleSubs
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/929577
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First

>will this ever be finished?
we will never know

This too much effort for just one person, wtf.

How is this Nyaa Replacement General
and not NyaaPantsu Replacement General?

You would be very surprised what people with phones can do.

They are replacing Nyaa, not Nyapantsu, duh.

My bad.
How is this not NyaaPantsu General?

Real thread The true /nrg/

Just popping in to thank all the involved people for their hard work.

Why did nyanner have to be in java?

Why someone would want to replace a stable working site with the half-assed one?

Remember to contribute by uploading and reporting bugs. Have a good day.

>Stable working site
Good try Herkz

Am I a pussy or is Pantsu antagonizing companies that send DMCA requests a bad thing?

I don't know. Ignoring them vs. willingly telling them to go fuck themselves in a public manner seems a good way to be a target for potential action.

I think it's for legacy purpose. It started as a general for everyone to contribute, but just a few programmers decided to open a project, and it all narrowed down to just Pantsu. Other projects ended up being not supported by the community, due to the sketchy behaviour of their crew and supporters.

I guess the assumption is that they would act anyway.
Where/when did the "telling off" happen anyway, seem to have missed it.

>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

I remember PirateBay doing something similar a decade ago or something. It seems antagonizing them didn't work out so well.

The OP has a wall of shame now
transparency.pantsu.cat

>ended up being not supported by the community
>10x more uploads than pantsu

what happened here?is there any source

Nyaa's Sukebei is well ahaed of Si's though.

The original is a seal. Some dude jumps in after and gets her out.

The correct term is developed.

A Sea Lion being a cunt like usual.

Hm, really couldn't find that on the site through browsing, I wouldn't really call that "in a public manner".
But yeah, TPB did the same, but again, it's questionable if that contributed to the persecution/prosecution (though it certainly didn't have a positive effect on legal proceedings).

Since HS is promoting that other site, I'd assume (((they))) would go after them first, though.

According to the database pantsu has 10284 more uploads than the cartel site.

>community
I meant the singaporean amputee doll community known as Sup Forums. It's understandable that uploaders would prefer a project tied closer to the old website. But we all experienced how bad their decisions were and how bad is the cartel. Over time, Pantsu has more potential in growth because all of the people behind it.

And what part of that is 3DPD JAV shit?

>moving the goalposts :^))))

cartel site doesn't have 3DPD JAV?

lol
Where do you people even come up with this shit? I can't think of one bad descision made by .si.
Just compare them to the constantly down pantsu, broken panstu. The devs are learning just now, just some recently graduaded HS students. Never forget the shitty OPSEC of panstudev.

>I can't think of one bad descision made by .si.
nyaa.se

>you people
GTFO, shill

MUH CARTEL IS REAL GTFO SHILLLLLL
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH

>one bad descision made by .si
Not refering to .si, but old Nyaa and staffers that now support them.

That's 2D tracker, 3D shit is totally irrelevant.
Overall nyaa has less of junk and more of valuable torrents.

Can't think of something to say:
GTFO SHILLL

Keep trying retards.

That settles it.
Dropping nyaa.si now.
Nyaa.rip is the new hotness.

Can you at least try to change up the way you type, cartelfriend?

>I can't think of one bad descision made by .si
No mascots.

This is the best descision ever.
Can you at least try to think before you type dumb shit?

Fuck off herkz

>one bad descision made by .si
Showing comments counter.

Is a great thing. Can't think of any other torrent tracker that doesn't show comment count besides pantsufags and most likely it's because they simply don't know how to implement it.

We should make a nyaapantsu replacement general given how shitty it is

I'd recommend to ignore the one very obvious troll/shill in this thread.

BakaBT

Even if you do they'll just reply to themselves.

They have direct quality ratings instead.

just wandering here from Sup Forums
Keep up the good work senpaitachi
love your determination to make a better se replacement, i will def use pantsu exclusively

Comment counters are not quality ratings

BakaBT have multiple torrent for the same site?
I thought they only accept one for each resolution.

*same show

Kind of indirect ones. Half-assed, but better than nothing at all. And I should've added that BakaBT doesn't allow to freely upload random shit, every torrent undergoes quality assessment and must be approved by admins before it becomes visible to all.

But he has a point. Do you genuinely believe that using something made by borderline child is a good idea? Kid is learning, and good for him, but you are exposing your own privacy and security by using his student project tier website.

We must secure the existence of our mascots and a future for scraped torrents.

This.

The unapproved upload list is like purgatory if you aren't a mod/modfriend. Things get stuck there for no raisin

>exposing your own privacy and security
?

I still can't see how that correlates with comments counters.
If anything, DL count is more closer to quality rating than comment counters.

minglong

>magnet links

literally how

Is HorribleSubs going to be unbanned? Who is Erai-raws?

DL counter is increased even if you downloaded something and it'd turn to be a complete shit that goes strait into the trash. How can one unironically consider this a quality rating.

>torrenting doesn't expose your IP
literally retarded?

>DL counter is increased even if you downloaded something and it'd turn to be a complete shit that goes strait into the trash.
Really?
Just tried to DL a random torrent 100x and the counter doesn't go up.

It's really funny how pantsufags whined about banned Doki and pledged they won't have a cartel-like censorship, and yet the first thing they did after their own flop is banning HS.

Not pantsu specific

wtf i hate torrents now!

And by 100x, I mean 10x.
Or are you talking about finished download?

>and yet the first thing they did after their own flop is banning HS.
Fake news

They didn't ban HS.
They just scraped the scraper.

Do you guys really believe he's not the same person he referred to as "he has a point" in his post? It's the shitposter, just look at his post, he's not that good in switching up his style to look like a different guy.
>next up: he'll switch up styles in an over-the-top way ("Yo, this bro has the right idea, man, totally on the money,yo!") - well, now maybe not anymore

Your fault for not doing basic research before downloading.
It's not like people still download shit show after it got famous as a shit show.

nah man im just bumping the thread

pantsudev is sleeping

>nyaa.pantsu.cat/user/14/HorribleSubs
>Banned
Pantsufags in denial trying to damage control, top kek.

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/929577

All is well, then.

>let's create additional obstacles for users, we're aiming to defeat our rival after all
BTW, I was talking not about shit shows but about shit releases. Though you're obviously too retarded to understand this subtle difference.

Not an argument.

Shitposting aside, what is the deal with HS?
I think I heard that HS was trying to kill NyaaPanstu scraper with fake entries and that's why they were paused for a while.

The story goes:
HS warned the pantsudevs that their scrapper is bad, they didn't fix it, HS fed it with fake entries, pantsufags disabled it.

>I was talking not about shit shows but about shit releases
That's even easier.
Popularity generally means quality, especially after time erase the advantage of speed.

Was there actually anything wrong with it, or were they just buttblasted?

They were banned for abusing the scraper, essentially flooding pantsu with garbage data, mocking us for not having better sanitation methods in the scraper.

No!
HS did onpurpose because they hate pantsu and cartel is evil and want money

That's the simple proof that HS isn't banned.

Pantsufags boasted HS can't do anything about pantsu scraping their site. They showed they can (after telling about that vulnerability beforehand and waiting for several days for a fix). Pantsufags screeched and banned them. The vuln is still not fixed.

Not banned

Not fixed because the can't. A learning students can only do so much.

I thought we are talking about BakaBT?

They haven't fixed it because they thought HS won't do stupid crap like feeding the scraper 1000+ entries of garbage data.

HS is banned, retard. Their torrents still allowed to be uploaded though - a great improvement comparing to nyaa.se deleting any doki torrent even if uploaded by 3d party. It's definitely a thing to be proud of (at least delusional pantsufags doublethink so).

I didn't lock my door cuz I didn't think someone will steal. Yea, right.

What exactly was this vulnerability?

HS isn't banned.
A user named HS is banned, HS isn't.

More like
>I lock my door because I don't think people will stop crashing my furniture if I open it

>Why not the other ones? I have my concerns about the longevity, stability, and leadership of other alternatives like pantsu and anidex.
HS never made a pantsuit account