Apple and privacy

Is apple really all about privacy? Or is it just a act so they can get their users trust?

Sort of, since most iPhones are encrypted by default while most Android phones are not

Users dont care about privacy. They only care about convenience.

Apple has, unironically, more concern over their users privacy than the users themselves.

Yes and no. Anything on your devices can only be accessed by you. Anything in the cloud can be forked over if they get any inquiries by the government.

What anbout the "FileVault 2 Encryption" it uses the XTS-AES-128 cipher, do you think it is enough to hold off any potential intruder? (hacker, goverment, etc)

>MOST ANDROID PHONES ARE NOT ENCRYPTED

>when you are that autistic that is so difficult to turn on a settings option in a device that is clearly superior and cheaper

this is fucking supreme retardism

>I only go out for direct needs. My get up, or should I say outfit, is one that reflects my mood: persistently inquisitive, yet enigmatic and seemingly aloof. During such tasks, I am equipped with a black Sony music player (slightly greased because we're all human) with Linkin Park and other miscellaneous tunes. My pick is usually L'Park, especially as I browse with my smartphone the Reddit seciton reserved for analytical minds. I'm sure to have the ear buds pumping high volume from my ears to attract any eavesdropping female ears who so desire to attribute the escaping musical notes as my life's soundtrack. Yes, I understand quite thoroughly the ways in which fedora headgear is maligned, but I consider my character that of an independently evolved, highly adept one where nothing affects me. You could step in front of me at checkout in Taco Bell and I would proclaim, "I don't care." I've experienced it all and when I decide to go outside, I'm more ready than ever to bust through that door.

>Or is it just a act so they can get their users trust?

>Is apple really all about privacy?
No.
>Or is it just a act so they can get their users trust?
This is correct.

See: prism project

this

>Encryption is not on BY DEFAULT.

Learn to read first before you post

better question:

>Does apple stand to make the vast majority of their profits off using their operating systems and services as tools to steal your data?

more like apple knows it can't compete with google when it comes to utilizing user data, so they've presented this strategy which gives them the excuse of being behind competitors on AI because it values their customer's data. i don't doubt they're aiming for privacy, but it goes hand in hand with their inability to compete normally. it's the same as nintendo saying they're not competing with sony...

This. iAd was a miserable fucking failure, so they decided to dump it and pretend they haven't been harvesting and selling user info for years.

to be fair though, as an internet vendor, they're going to have a record of everything purchased and since they require credit card for itunes, they'll have user addresses as well

Apple is all about privacy. If you had any idea the lengths we go to in order to protect the anonymity of our users you'd never use a google or microsoft software again.
If you are someone who feels passionately about this kind of thing, there might be work for you

Fuck off iToddler shitstain.

Except for iMessages, because Apple doesn't store the keys for those. Those are only stored on the physical devices themselves.

No shit, the government can and does request data from literally any company in the country, it's nothing new. It has to go through a court and has to have a valid reason (i.e. murder investigation). Also Apple only has the ability to provide metadata for most things, such as Messages, since they are encrypted end-to-end.
Google is 100x times worse in a scenario such as this. If you have a Google account or use Gmail, and the government requests your data, you are fucked.

>No link
>Not even the name of the news organisation in the screenshot.

Jesus FUCK and people reckon CNN is #Fakenews?

For the most part yes, however having siri or dictation on will have some of your data get phoned home to Apple. Apple's privacy policy is decent enough but just using a hardened Android rom is better and gives you better control over your own device. Apple sacrifices too much user control for the sake of security and privacy. Really, all Apple is doing is protecting retarded normalfags from themselves, for someone who is even remotely computer literate their locked down ecosystem is unnecessary and shit.

/thread