What kind of audio set up does Sup Forums have?

What kind of audio set up does Sup Forums have?

ive been looking to upgrade my Logitech speakers to some nice bookshelf speakers. the thing is, i know nothing about audio. my budget is $200. any recommendations? ive been looking at the Edifier R2000DB. can anybody recommend something good?

pic is what ive currently got.

Other urls found in this thread:

monoprice.com/product?p_id=605999
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I only buy Sennheiser

Edifier speakers are very solid, best computer speakers I have ever owned. I own r1600 tiii personally and find them okay.
Another alternative are studio monitors, such as jbl lsr 305 coupled with audio interface such as scarlet focusrite 2i2, but I believe that's outside of your budget.

>200
>nice

Pick one

I have the same ones. So far so good though

You have the GOAT speakers right there. If you really want to upgrade, do not buy any speakers made by Creative; I replaced my Logitechs with Creatives and they broke almost immediately and were awful. I now have more Logitechs, again worth far less than $200 because ears are free and that's all I need.

denon avr 987 and an old kenwood 5.1 setup from a garage sale

20€ headphones

Get the next step up like the Logitech 5.1 system z9XX

Try $50, in 20 range you have complete shit. Those edifier speakers are actually unexpectedly good, they are more of a bookshelves than PC speakers. Definitely not what you would expect out of PC speakers. Very neutral sound signature too, overall quality speakers.

I got this to replace my Klipsch promedia.

Should i get a subwoofer?

They just won't die

pic related

I have the PB42X's. They're OK, but I'm kind of done with them. One of the binding post keeps breaking and I have open it up and fix it every every so often and they kinda sound meh to me.

If anyone has any suggestions, open to them. Looking at maybe trying some studio monitors as they're pretty much guaranteed to be good for near field from what I understand, preferably ones that don't reach decently low/don't NEED a subwoofer as I don't have the physical space for it on my current setup.

How are the binding posts breaking? I have the same speakers, and have been very happy with them for the price.

M-Audio BX5 Studio Monitors with the 10-inch Monoprice sub which is an exact copy of the M-Audio 10-inch sub. Admittedly, a 10-in is way big for my current room but it'll still be good if/when I move to a bigger space.

The positive post on the left speaker is loose and spins indefinitely without stopping. Have to open the speaker and tighten the nut that holds it in every time I move them or take the wire out. I don't do that often so it's not a huge deal, but it still bothers me.

Not in love with the sound either, my headphones shit on them pretty badly. Certainly a good product for $70, but I can afford to spend a little bit more these days and buy something I'm more interested in keeping long term.

Forgot link: monoprice.com/product?p_id=605999
It's a fuckin great sub.
My M9xx DAC's RCA outs are feeding XLR to the sub XLR-in and then XLR-out to the Monitors.

reminder that if u dont sport studio monitors ur a pleb and a failure at lyfe

Not that it matters if you are replacing them, but it sounds like something a drop of locktite could take care of.

oh PSA by the way. Monoprice is having their 15% off everything right now if you need any cables.

My monitors are Behringer Ms16s. They're breddy gud. I've had them for years and don't really think about them anymore.
The sub is custom as fuck. An Adire Audio Shiva MK4 in a 3.2 cubic feet enclosure ported to 30hz powered by an Audiosource Amp1/A, soon to be a Dayton ADA150. I also have a Dayton SUB1200. It's a great sub but compared to the Adire in that enclosure it may as well be an electronic fart box.

Meme one+ ear phones.

i have there plus a really expencive pre amp and power amp

what's a good sub with a proper amp for 2 bookshelf speakers?

thats a big sub

for you

i find the cambridge audio sr10 is a good jack of all trades entry level see if you can get one used it has everything you need

see

that would sound like shit

why do you say that?

sadly the amp is not integrated into the sub.

I'm looking more for something like goylitech memesystems but with proper connectors and full range sound coming from the satellite bookshelf speakers

teufel and what else

because its cheap ive spent over 10 grand on audio

LSR305 with Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. As a filthy casual who don't care about music, it's my endgame desktop speakers and I don't need anything better.