The future is here

The future is here.

What future?

Care to elaborate user?

>linux

Which version of Fedora? Just finished reading about all the ways it's superior to Ubuntu and confirming, by running tests and experiments across a broad range of variables.

Unironically a huge fan of Fedora here. My favorite laptop has hybrid graphics, which work way better on Fedora than any other distro I've tried, and the spins/labs are great for getting a computer set up quickly.

>wincuck

You Sup Forums faggots should stay in your board. This board is for technology professionals and advanced users

>This board is for technology professionals and advanced users
Then why do they never come here?
And why is it choked with schoolboys?
Or maybe each question above answers the other.

Anyone have experience with upgrading 2 versions? Debating whether to jump to 26 or just upgrade to 25 when 26 is released.

Ahahahaha... What a shitty distribution.
Not inly it's NSA honey pot, but once I installed it and on idle it uses 60% of each thread on my ryzen 1700.
What a fucking joke.
Fuck this NSA shill distribution.

>on idle it uses 60% of each thread on my ryzen 1700

>implying linux is the problem here, not your shitty noname CPU

>Sup Forums
>technology professionals
my sides

I never cared for for Fedora and always went with Debian, Ubuntu, Arch. Until last year and it has become my favorite distro.

It's terrible. I would even prefer SuSE to Fedora.

I see no reason why anyone would choose anything other than Debian or Arch, they cover every possible aspect of use and every piece of software available.

Even the guys I know that work in the security field routinely have to work with RHEL/CentOS/FreeBSD but yet they still use Debian on their personal machines.

Yeah I fooking lost it too.

But go back to v, seriously.
*Tips OS

Ubuntu doesn't has this problem.

Maybe instead of a lying bitch check what program is responsible for that.

>FEDORAS ARE AWESOME

Not lying, I swear!!!
Maybe stop shilling NSA botnet???

>tfw my wlan card doesn't work with fedora
ree

Just upgrade to 25 now then stay when 26 is released. It's super stable.

Somebody wake me when 26 comes out

What is better for desktop use? Fedora or Debian with backports or Debian Sid?

I can divide it into

Pro's:

>Fedora -

Stable, Up to date, Packages straight from upstream with little modification.

>Debian Sid -

Rolling release, huge software repository.

Cons:

>Fedora -

Small software repository, SELinux can be a pain.

>Debian Sid -

Packages are heavily modified by maintainers, Debian branding everywhere.

>Its a thread where everyone acts reddit on the name
fedora is a slow and stable distro, sorta like a tank.
There are many distros better than fedora but there's something comfy about it.

Debian is fine if you're on a desktop but im highly autistic about editing the sources list for custom sources.

I suggest Fedora even if rpm is fucking slow trash. Even screenfetch takes a long time to show up properly.

>Random newfag spouts shit that is objectively wrong
Go back to wherever you came from.

How is the Fedora Xfce spin? I know the lead of the Fedora Project is the lead maintainer for the Xfce spin, but don't know if this means anything.

Someone once told me that if ubuntu : osx :: fedora : windows.

Because of that I've always ignored it.

Debian Unstable come from source, no?

I thought the only Debian packages that were altered by the maintainer were testing and stable?

>Fedora

So, the future is being the Beta tester of a company for FREE?

>fedora is a slow and stable distro
lol

*tips*

Have you always been this retarded, or did something happen recently?

26 is out already?

It's better to use an OS built by Red Hat, IBM and Intel than to use some shit like Arch.

i meant slow as in command line slow, screenfetch takes fucking ages. That being said fedora is stable as fuck my guy even with bleeding packages
first of all, nice trips.
Second, the Xfce spin is one of their best right up there with KDE I highly recommend it since it just feel like a good Xfce.
>I disagree with this guy but I wont argumentate why.
ok mate you go back to /r/Technology and show them how you "totally pwned" me
as much as I agree
>shit like Arch
arch is fine as long as you're not autistic about installing it by yourself and use arch-anywhere.

ABC agent here (clarification of agency not needed)

I see you're 17 years old; this is against the site's rules. I recommend you find a different place to hang out.

>still doesn't show screenshot of the program that is the culprit

Made the switch from debian unstable to fedora a few days ago. So /comfy/, I plan to switch over the T520 in a few days.

this

>arch is fine
>as long as you're not autistic
Take your pick.

Arch is a Reddit-tier Linux, it's not suitable for the professional needs. Any sane person will choose for work a Linux made by the trusted company like RedHat, Intel, IBM or the old good Debian which has the oldest and the largest community and support, or Gentoo for its flexibility in every detail in order to make an OS tightly configured to hardware.

Just switched to Void from Fedora. Fedora is so refined. All other distros are amateur hour. That said, I want to try using a systemd free distro, hence the very recent switch to Void

>install fedora
>no software
>add community repo
>still no software

What software couldn't you find?

explorer.exe

linux is the fidget spinner of software

You should definitely go back to Ubuntu.

>Current year
>Using binary distros

Last time I updated a fedora install to a new release it completely broke

>2020-3
>Using Distros

>Sup Forums
>advanced

My god, I've never seen progress bar so advanced...

We are better than Sup Forums.

Eh, I visited Sup Forums briefly and at least they are smart enough not to say they are "advanced".

Hello Sup Forumstard

>projecting
Hello, de/g/enerate.

im not saying arch is for work tho. It's fine though since you can just use the LTS kernel but thats fucky, most people are better off avoiding arch

This is NSA botnet, stop helping three letter agencies!!!

>facebook OS

Is this for real? Holy shit that's bad programming and/or trouble-shooting if so.

upgraded to 25 from 21 following whatever was the top result on google, had no problems. This was on a dell inspiron.

i cant use it because the word is associated with fat atheist losers now

>he doesn't make everything from source and then create links to his ~/bin/ directory

why would you want to deal with repositories, permissions, and all that crap

>NSA/systemd

Into the trash it goes. . .

Ask a guy running Fedora 26 with KDE anything.

Actually, don't. I'm too busy enjoying the best OS and best desktop environment available to mankind.

ewww when did facebook make a distro?

Good choice. Enjoy it.

does your wifi work?

I use an desktop with ethernet cable user.

I want to give her a hug.

Did you upgrade from 25? If so, were there any issues with the upgrade?

Do you still have to wait for all the third-party repos to play catch up?

Ubuntu 17.04 finally has my WiFi card working out of the box (it's a quick command to permanently fix it but still) so I'm hoping 26 got around to fixing it too. I'm too lazy to check though.

It isn't out and final yet so there isn't a way to upgrade.

Nah I did a fresh install from server 26 netinstall

>advertisments in the fedora installer trying to recruit people into the project

>Do you still have to wait for all the third-party repos to play catch up?

I only have 4 packages not in the repo (and haven't been for years) and I keep them updated myself and build them with mock and use urepo to host a repo for them on my machine.

No.

You're being a beta tester for free anyway. What's your point?

Why do they have a trademark on their logo?

>i dont know how the world works

Because they don't want to be sued by scum like Pandora that likes to steal existing product identities.

hahahahaha some people working on it are fat hahahahahahahaha...

haha

ha

fat fuck detected

But how can they trademark the word 'fedora'. That's like trademarking the word 'water'

What's this NSA shilling?

The same way the Sky Networks was able to trademark the name Sky and sue Microsoft over their SkyDrive product so they had to rebrand it to OneDrive

Windows 7 update is completely broken for new installs you have to manually install a patch to make it work. Its better to use an offline update installer because windows update is so garbage.

DNF is

S
L
O
W

>father wants to get into Linux
>give him the Linux Bible and a disc with Fedora on it a few months ago
>he decides to start using it yesterday
>he updates
>falls asleep waiting for it to finish