Longest piece of Kode you've written

What's the longest program/script/kode/etc you've ever written Sup Forums? What was it for, and what language did you write it in?

151043 loc. Twas a heavily secured RESTful server in PHP.

cd
cd
cd..
cd/

>longest program/script/kode/etc you've ever written

Not sure what you mean. Longest file containing code I've ever written? Biggest piece of software I've ever created? What if it's a website and it consists of a lot of PHP, HTML, JS, CSS, custom C++ components, SQL code, Bash-Scripts, Ruby-Scripts, Python-Scripts, a complete FTP-Server software and probably more stuff I've forgotten?

20,000 line game with additional 10,000 lines of XML data.

You manually wrote 10k of XML?

It was data for the game. So yeah.

Holy shit, that must have been awful.

I wrote a 13566-byte text-based freecell game with lots of automatic features in C.

Needless to say, I'm a hobbyist.

Not written myself but my firm did static analysis of 40 million lines of cobol, algol and wfl for a gov entity.

Goddamn that's a lot of code.

Nah, typing out formateed game data in XML is a breeze compared to actually coding the game and making it work.

>C++ in webdev
What the fuck

i've writen simple bots/scripts/macros to perform simple tasks in games with autoit script

neocron had making research cubes and searching for research cube quest requests
psobb had exp leeching/hp resetting to get me to level 200 in about two weeks
pokemon gen 4/5 had pretty lengthy (15 minute) macros to move certain numbers of steps and attempt to get frame perfect hits for rng calculation

most of what i write doesnt exceed 3 digits. ive never really gotten inspired to write any big project, and if i have, my motivation dies really quickly

Needed to quickly (

my current python project has 3222 lines of code

>Software to handle traffic infractions for my city
PHP and the bunch. In my defense, it was 2008
>Software for people with disablitiies
C/Python

>XML data.
Why?

4500 lines in single day,i had whole month to do it but i was lazy and did it last minute.

>4500 lines in single day
> was lazy and did it last minute.
>probably didn't debug it properly
You my friend are both a sadist and masochist. But then again, sounds like a college project.

>Actual software for big CNC machines.
I'm quite respected but lazy.
End-customer will never know if I spend months or days doing it.

>I'm quite respected but lazy.
As fuck
>End-customer will never know if I spend months or days doing it.
This doesn't really matter as long as they pay. Still wondering about those lingering bugs in the end product.

Actually there was no bug reported [maybe there is]
I have the exact copy of machine in my basement so I ran tests. There were issues with translation to 5 languages but they were not my problem. I've received fixed translations and fixed it month later.

I'm working on new translation to ita right now.

Life is nice when you can shitpost and work at once.

Just out of curiosity, what language did you use to write it?

>Life is nice when you can shitpost and work at once.
You and I should go drinks

'Bout 2 million

it was for a theme park

I begun in FBD base and then combined it with 2 more languages. In timeframe I had It was most important to have basic logic functional.

It is not ideal solution and it will leave you with code little too heavy.

>longest line
was in a shitty php-esque language for a defunct dead game made by some shitlords in San-Francisco, broke their whole game by inlining a few thousand list concatenations
>longest code ever written
maintenance sql for a mmo >2000 operations, temporary storage to archival, developer cleanup and fixes

about 700 ORIGINAL lines never seen before
it was a specific math research problem, it was SSE optimised, I'm still very proud of it

>using xml when json is available

If it's that wind map, my god user, you did fucking well. That fucker is most responsive thing of its type deployed via the web. .

if you'recounting one file, then a GUI application in powershell.

otherwise a final project for my J2EE course

Around 200 lines HTML and CSS combined.

FROM SCRATCH

Yes, I'm a genius

Newman!

2000 i think

it was a single controlling class that spawned two operation manager classes. the controlling class was used to iteratively expand a topological network given new inputs.

basically the controlling class just called a bunch of functions from its operation manager classes, which all executed PostGIS SQL queries based on the function parameters

still proud of it tbqh

Technically this is actually much larger, but I moved a bunch of hard-coded shit in to settings files, and moved some stuff out to libraries.
It shrank from 40k lines to 24k~

24k lines of Autohotkey. DO YOU EVEN CODE BRO?

dude what the fuck
You could have written an XML generator and used arrays / object literals to fill that shit in for you automatically.
Oh god you poor bastard, I feel for you.

At my old workplace they used a fuckin excel spreadsheet to manage their IP-adresses. I wrote some website to manage them in a browser and have it a little bit nicer.

Written that shit in php with laravel framework.
Now, after 4 years, it is still in use

You reminded me I wrote a mapmaker in Excel with VBA.
I cannot remember why I even made it. Probably some dead project I dropped.*

Just assigned buttons to colors in the sheet, clicking on a cell in a certain range changed it to that color.
Another button printed a CSV of the cells to one below the grid.
CSV had its grid ID and all the tile-types.
I was going to add item types at some point, wait! Now I remember!*
I remember sketching out maps on A4 notepad I had at college. Very Resident Evil like.

* The original idea for it was for some shitty game I wanted to make years back.
It was based on a dream where you went on some holiday and got assigned a random room-mate. Some sort of socializing holiday retreat thing.
It was set in a mansion on an island. Cliché as FUCK.
Intro "FMV" where you meet up and get assigned and such. You wake up at the next day, roommate nowhere to be seen. A notice is at the door table saying there will be a lunch at [time].
It is already past that time by a few minutes, you dress quickly and tidy yourself up and run for the dining room.
The door is jammed on the way, dude is fixing it, tells you to run the other way.
By the time you get to the dining hall, a spike smashes through the door covered in blood and screams everywhere.
You walk in and people are impaled to their dinner, chairs, walls, the table, screaming everywhere.
Wanted to make some game based around that.

longest in one (1) file? ~2000 lines
longest as in combined lines of all dependencies? ~20k lines of code spread over around 50 files

$ git ls-files | xargs cat | wc -l

wew
longest file was genetic evolution of a fuzzy rule base, worked pretty well but required too much training to be efficient

the other was a low-level implementation of a real-time kernel and operating system for a series of atmel avr mpu's plus drivers for their peripherals
supported multiple scheduling schemes, multiple different servers schemes for aperiodic and sporadic task handling, timers, tasks, priority inheritance, priority ceiling protocol (and ipcp), and much else

40 lines matrix addition in c++ :^)

>You could have written an XML generator and used arrays / object literals to fill that shit in for you automatically.
Not like I wrote it all at once. It was slowly built upon just like the game was.

rewrote my 300 line python script in java, it's around 1500 lines

That sounds a bit more sane.

I can't say I am any better to be honest.
Here's a sample of some shit in my files.
Never mind code tag, have to put it in the picture now. Thanks anti-spam system!
Look at that mess.
Runs through a macro drawer that draws connected lines.

Files filled with shit like that over the years. I can't even remember half of them.
In the time I've written the first, I've created about 7 separate macro systems for various purposes. All still in use. welp.
Time to make a new standard!
There are now 8 separate systems.wav.png

>was in a shitty php-esque language for a defunct dead game made by some shitlords in San-Francisco, broke their whole game by inlining a few thousand list concatenations
do you remember what the game was called?

am i the only who noticed the guy is grabbing onto the little girls legs? way to take her with you, man lol

'bout 2k for a python game I think

>dat filename
That was the basis to create Go

It's self documenting and easier to parse.

Made an esoteric web browser from scratch
Was something like 300 lines iirc.

I don't program so this was difficult for me but thankfully python made sense

Looking through my projects, my largest seems to be an Electron app of only about 1k loc. I would have thought it would be larger. I guess I've rewritten large parts of it, so maybe as much as 2k total including code that got removed.

Also I guess I've contributed to larger codebases for work.

~5000 lines of lua for a wow addon.

>xml

A screenfetch alternative that uses sh instead of bash