/sqt/ New thread, old one archived

/sqt/ New thread, old one archived.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/aSFTC#xfkxpH9
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is love?

Can I use a dab black epoxy to black out SMT LEDs on a PCB?

Is there a way to display seconds in the timestamp of SMS messages in the default Android messaging app?

whats a good mouse for under 50€
my SS Rival 100 is kinda broken, i was looking to buy mostly a Logitech G102 or maybe a low end Zowie
what are the best quality/price ratio mice for cheap?

You could, but good luck if you ever need to see them for troubleshooting. Use something removable, such as electrical tape to cover them.

is life worth living or should i blast myself

I have an old Dell Inspiron 560 case and I want to reuse it for a sleeper build that I want to do one day. The case supports both Micro-ATX motherboards and ATX power supplies. Since it has a 9-pin front panel connector similar to what modern motherboards use, should I be fine as long as I know the pinouts and rearrange the wires?

Hey guys, I'm the user from the last thread who was having issues with his video card. It turns out I corrupted the HDD. I went out and bought a new one and I was wondering if I could install both the HDD and the video card and there not being any discrepancies that would cause another hardware failure before I went ahead and did it.

no

Alright, thank you

How does typeface licensing work?

Example, on windows my browser will render embedded helvetica on websites and in PDFs. But if I want to produce documents with it, I have to pay, pirate, or use Arial. Macfags get it for free. Is Apple paying royalties for every OSX machine sold?

upgrade to Textra and swipe left for timestamps

>Those permissions

I bet you use windows, too.

how do i use Sup Forums archives to check if anyone replied to my post in the last thread?

If the read/write speeds HDDs can typically do are less than the speeds most SATA ports can handle, why are there not RAID controllers that manage multiple drives and present them as one (logical) drive to the motherboard on a single SATA port to maximize performance?

I'm still on marshmallow and I can turn off any permission, do you have an old phone or something? I allow it to access photos so I can send people pictures.

pci has more bandwidth and GT

How do I check what version of C++ the software we're designing is in at my job?

On Sup Forums's catalog page open the archive.
Search for /sqt/
View the thread
Search for your question
See if anyone answered it.

PCI is typically a limited resource, though, and it doesn't solve the issue of wasting bandwidth per SATA connection. If controllers were made downstream of SATA, you could have entire arrays taking up only one SATA port.

>PCI is typically a limited resource
no

CPUs have a limited number of lanes, that might be needed for GPUs or co-processors.

How do I edit the color of the text on my menu bar in MATE.

can the blackberry q10 hotspot? I'll be using my tmobile sim that had hotspot on my old phone

How fat must one be to identify as a bear?

What's the mechanical keyboard thread on Sup Forums? Can't seem to find it, and I've got a mechanical keyboard question.

make one
check the archive for the latest OP and make one

How can I boot into bios when USB keyboard doesn't work

I really need to boot into bios to install win 8.1 on a HDD

I would do it with my laptop but Microsoft won't let me install windows on an external drive because that's bad mkay

How do I remove this box from palemoon? It's not just a theming thing cause its there in other themes too.

if your bios doesn't recognize usb keyboards then you need a modern motherboard.

alternatively, try different usb ports

Use a different keyboard or try PS/2 if it's an older board. I hope you aren't thinking that your windows HDD is going to work properly on any computer besides the one you install it with.

How do you browse Sup Forums?
>browse the catalog of breads
>pick one that's interesting
>read a few posts
>hit reply
>Archived
>dammit

where do i go for hackintosh support. literally anyone to talk to. i've never gotten help about any of this shit and it's taking me forever i just want to boot from a hdd.

>hackintosh
>support

You really don't get how this works, do you?

Install on a different machine
>Sysprep
Install drive in obnoxious machine

you is smart

What's the best Windows media player (replacement)?

videos: mpc-hc or vlc
music: foobar or musicbee

i just don't understand what my problem is. i'm stuck between booting from clover and installing the os. i'm like inches away.

Is it retarded to still cling to Windows 7 for
>muh gaymes
considering even contemporary hardware is no longer supported? Should I just fall for the Windows 10 meme?

why you haven't learned to code in pure Win32 yet?

21.5" or 23.8" for 1080p at ~2.5 feet?

where can i learn to use linux properly? ive been on mint from windows for just about a month and i get by just about fine but i use it like i did my windows install. i use practically only gui applications and any time i use my terminal its just copy pasting commands in which makes me feel like a retard.

i really enjoy the freedom and potential that i see (never used a unix-like os before) but the vast expanse of possibilities makes it very hard for me to start. i see the *fetch threads and desktop threads and it makes me want to understand my machine better so that i can do an arch install and rice my desktop but im struggling to do the customization i want on mint.

That struggle is precisely how you learn. Look up how to do what you struggle with. Everything you do will become just a bit easier, more instinctive as you develop keen senses and instincts. Keep putting one foot in front of the other with your eyes on the ground, and don't be afraid not to understand what you're typing at first. Yesterday's mysteries are today's masteries. Suddenly you will find yourself with a question that has no answer, but you'll figure it out yourself if you trust your instincts and go just a little crazy. Be sure to post the answer, that's where the footsteps you've been following came from. Then you'll wake up full of energy and ideas, ready to make the things the future generation will have to look up how to use. The results of your hard work and dedication will look like natural skill, but you'll have earned every single line of your success.

Thanks for the responses lad

If you're getting the work that you need to accomplish done, then you are using Linux properly. Don't fall for the idea than ricing the desktop, switching distributions, or using more terminal applications than GUI ones are signs of an advanced user.
That said, stop copy pasting commands and start researching them to see what they'll do and why before you use them. Grab an intro to shell programming, and look for ways to automate tasks that you do frequently. Having a task to accomplish and learning what's needed to finish it isn't as efficient as a planned out curriculum would be, but it can be done with what you already have, where you already are.

How hard is it to get a software dev job with an EE degree (in the US if it matters)?

My laptop's fan is making it's usual whirring noise at a higher frequency than normal. Should I be concerned?

If i buy a vpn subscription from some vpn provider and then connect two computers in different cities, will they be able to communicate with each other as if they were on the same LAN?

O I L

Open it up, dedust it and check that nothing is blocking the fans. If the noise doesn't return to normal then the bearings are failing and the fan will die soon.

>dedust
>not de dust 2

where can I get a pi zero for 5 bucks?

I am afraid it might be dying. It's an X220 and the hard drive fucked itself a couple months back so I guess it's getting on in years. I'll clean it out tomorrow and see if it sounds better. I appreciate the advice or I probably would have just left it!

Either fall for the meme or swich to loonix. There's no reason to stay with 7 anymore.

>muh telemetry
If you are really worried about it then why do you trust 7?

Trying to put 7 on my laptop, but it cant connect to the internet at all. Obviously it doesnt have any drivers installed yet, but i figured it would connect to the internet if i used an ethernet cable. Still doesnt work though. What am i missing

Poorfag here, anyone know where I can find a cracked version of Adobe premier for [spoiler] Windows 10

Network card doesn't drivers installed so you have no connectivity, get lan driver elsewhere and install it from a flash drive

If the fan doesn't sound abnormal then it could just be working harder than usual. So either you got more stuff running in the background or your CPU temps are up due to expired thermal paste.

You need the driver for your motherboards integrated network card. Use another computer to download it and transfer it to your laptop via usb drive or w/e

download trial and use painter's emulator

>use another computer to dl the driver
I would but dells site assumes the compiter you are on is the one you need drivers for. I cant find a way to just get the driver so i can put it on a flash drive . I have to DL their driver checker which decides what drivers to dl.

Open your laptop support page and search harder

How do I destroy a graphics card without intentional damage being obvious?

I have a broken card, but the store is so shitty their RMA process is literally to turn it on and see if it'll post, then they'll tell you "it works just fine dude xd". I need to kill that shit dead so it wont display anything or work at all. I've tried overheating it, ramping up stupid overclocks, and trying to short it out to the point where sparks were flying off it, but it still wont die.

Is static a good option?

>trying to install Wangblows to a computer the past day
>W7 and W8
>both wind up with "missing device drivers" in installation
>have changed AHCI to IDE, which obviously didn't do shit
>have put the SATA drivers on the usb itself and loaded them, still got prompted the same message after selecting them
>have put the USB into multiple different slots, yes, non 3.0
>have verified my ISOs are not corrupt in anyway
>have also used multiple programs to copy the ISO

what the fuck could be the issue here

idk what ur problem is bro it works just fine :p

I've sent away 100% dead components to them before and got the "bro, its all good my friend :^)" treatment, I need this garbage to die fast.

just dunk it in water and let it dry.

Meme or no? Doesn't it leave deposits when it evaporates?

I want to learn a non programming language for fun, what is a recommended language for a programmer?

Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc?

Which one?

What's the best budget-oriented laptop that I can install OSX on? Preferably something that's NOT a second-hand or old MacBook. I'm looking in the 200-400 USD range.

you are getting memed

Япoнcкий, дecy

russian if you want to do shady things
chinese if you want to make money the legit way

Should i disable font smoothing?

How do I up the sensitivity of the trackpoint on my T470 in kubuntu? changing the mouse and trackpad sensitivity doesnt affect it at all. How to make the nipple faster?

Explain more pls.

Does /diy/ have the best moderation on this site?

>for a programmer

Chinese is a pretty logical language IMO, and it has puzzle-like qualities to it. When you've learned 100+ characters you can get a decent grasp of the language, and it becomes like a puzzle.

That being said, I think you're starting off with the wrong question. What relevance does being a programmer have? Do you want a job overseas or something, or just to put bilingual on a resume?

I personally think looking at picking up a language from a practical/economic/etc perspective is a bad idea. You should a learn a language of a culture, history, whatever, that interests you. If you like Russian literature for example, then you should learn Russian so you can read the source material without translations. If you like gook cartoons, you should learn Japanese. If you like Chinese history, then learn Chinese.

Choosing a language based on that kind of criteria is essential, because it is more likely to keep your interest in learning the language, and you should always have materials you're interested in to practice with. I took two years of Mandarin in college, but in retrospect, I wish I had learned either German or Russian, because I have interest in WW2 and that would have allowed me to read primary sources. With Mandarin I just stagnated because nothing really captivated me all that much to stick with it.

Have a read imgur.com/a/aSFTC#xfkxpH9

I'm working with a microsoft sql server.
I want to create a user that can only select items from a table, but not alter or remove data from the table.

How do i do this?

>Russian = shady
>Chinese = legit business
how delusional

pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Change back to AHCI, and delete any existing partitions on the drive.

Can I use a VPN just for torrenting while I use "normal internet" for other stuff?

Also does Sup Forums work well with VPNs?

that was beautiful man

Thanks mate, I don't have a Skylake, but that USB tool is provided just the same for my motherboard, so I'm going to try this anyway.

what's the best rom for a Kindle fire HD 8.9"?

I wish that was stadardized at this point. If the conector match with the mobo at his propose you should be fine otherwise it sounds like a test.

Can I get a quick summary on Bitcoin?

How does it work?

Is it "real" currency?

etc

are there any emulators that compile or link their game roms to different architecture instructions to run faster rather than interpreting them at runtime?

Taking photos at a smaller resolution will make them look better?

My phone supports 720p@30FPS, will i be able to film at 60FPS at 480p?

You solve math equations or do heavy math shit for people/companies.
You get paid.
If you do it in group you do it faster.

Thats it.

You described just the mining aspect of it

there are literally a million articles on this. just use google you fuckwad.

If someone who had no idea about bitcoin asked you for a summary on what it is and how it works, how would you respond?

Or is there a website that already has this information in brief detail? is the Wikipedia article accurate enough?

>don't ask stupid questions in the official stupid questions thread

at least make an EFFORT to google before asking in the thread.

It's really easy to find a basic primer on bitcoin.

I can't access wikipedia or yahoo.com anymore, but can access wikipedia through a free proxy. i need to get into my email but it won't work for yahoo. i live in ireland not china. what the hell is going on.