/spg/ - Smartphone General - Blackberry edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Blackberry Keyone goes on sale in Canada today
techcrunch.com/2017/05/31/with-the-keyone-blackberry-threads-the-needle-on-retro-smartphone-appeal/

Andy Rubin's Essential phone unveiled with unique edge-to-edge screen
gsmarena.com/essential_phone_unveiled_unique_edgetoedge_screen_modular_photography-news-25311.php

Exclusive: This is the Essential Phone
theverge.com/2017/5/30/15711170/essential-phone-announcement-price-android-andy-rubin

The Essential Phone doesn’t consider a headphone jack essential
theverge.com/2017/5/30/15711282/essential-phone-no-headphone-jack

First look at LG V30 shows Full Vision display, new color
gsmarena.com/first_look_at_lg_v30_shows_full_vision_display_new_color-news-25312.php

Essential Home is an Amazon Echo competitor that puts privacy first
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/5/30/15711258/essential-home-voice-assistant-andy-rubin

More Moto Z2, Moto Z2 Play and Moto E4 leaked photos appeared
gsmarena.com/more_moto_z2_moto_z2_play_and_moto_e4_leaked_photos_appeared-news-25310.php

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

se7en.neocities.org/articles/cellphones.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSI-catcher).
banggood.com/DOOGEE-MIX-5_5-Inch-Android-7_0-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Helio-P25-Octa-Core-2_5GHz-4G-Smartphone-p-1155524.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-doogee-mix
youtu.be/KjbqcacZRH4
youtu.be/0M3Budnl3aI
es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Boardless-Doogee-Mix-4G-Lte-Smartphone-Bezel-less-Android-7-0-MTK-Helio-P25-Octa/340386_32813039765.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.brp1O6
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why shouldn't i get an iphone?

holy shit, just flashed the nougat rom, and the english is horrible/ even on english theres alot of Chinese. anyway to get rid of this garbage?

differences between q10 and classic?
which has better battery life?
do they have back lit keyboards?

Plenty of reasons, which are you more interested in?

Don't buy one:
>se7en.neocities.org/articles/cellphones.html
But if you feel you need a smartphone, remove the GPS and radio antennae and flash a custom ROM (preferably NetHunter) and purchase a pay-as-you-go burner phone (classical mobile) and change it at least every month, every week if possible and only carry it with you when needs be as you can be tracked and jacked via tower pings and fake towers (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSI-catcher).

Classic has much better hard ware and screen

I don't see the appeal in Android-based blackberry shit at all, they look like just another bunch of boring iClones that miss the point and have none of the things that actually made their BBOS devices stand out to me

I have had a galaxy s7 edge for almost 2 years now and it's still running perfectly fine and has bloat removed.

Why is it considered a bad phone?

Why shouldn't you?

my screen is completely smashed and little bits of glass are coming out in my pocket

if I put a glass or even plastic protector over it, can I still use it day to day, I just want to stop the bits coming off

OK question for you guys, I have an iphone 5 and the last few updates have slowed it down significantly.
So now I want to jailbreak it finally, is there any resources as to how to do this the 'best' way or what are the 'best' things to get once broken?

just get a new phone or replace the screen you fucking idiot

I cant afford that. and they are charging me almost $200 to repair

>country: US
>carrier: Verizon
>must have features: must have headphone jack, at least 1080p OLED screen, size >= 5.1 in., battery life longer than Galaxy S5
>would be nice features: software that isn't slow and ugly as shit (e.g. touchwizz)
>budget: not an issue, but I just want a Sup Forums/youtube machine
>size: 5.1 inches or bigger

is the keyone a day one buy? for some unknown reason, i really want one.

First post on my newly received BlackBerry Passport.

Join us, lads.

my battery is inflating how dangerous is it to keep using it

Moto Z/Z Play

>Galaxy S7 Edge
>owned for 2 years
???

No one wants to admit the truth do they? That I'm right and smartphones and phones in general are nothing more than portable botnet.

lonely much? attention whore

How much is Google paying you?

I've seen a ton of people with smashed iPhones, so I guess there's a chance that'll work.

Might not though. My Z3 Compact's screen got destroyed (by bumping into the corner of a door, of all fucking things) and it was completely shot.

I had a 9900 for 2 years, I'm never going back to blackberry

stop using it immediately unless you are a 3rd worlder who wants to push risks

>get pixel thinking it will be an end all be all android flagship with camera and software support
>perfect blackberry and essential phone come out a month later
JUST
U
S
T

I really fucking hope this isn't the situation I was in with the passport in 2014, where I regretted not getting it then and it's too outdated to get now. I really hope this essential line and blackberry are making phones by fall of next year, fuck me.

blackberries have always been and always will be a stupid hipster meme, and the essential phone looks like shit
don't see what you're missing out on

If media consumption isn't a priority, then I've heard only good things. My concern is the screen, because one reviewer said it wasn't that bright in daylight, but at the same time others fail to mention it, so I'm not sure.

I also wish the navigation buttons weren't capacitive. Seems like a mistake not to make them part of the screen, since you'd be able to hide them and wouldn't accidently touch them while scrolling on the keyboard.

I still really want it, but I'll have to wait. No stock in the US.

it's not made by blackberry
blackberry sold their name to some chinks and they're the manufacturers now
that said, quality phone

Get whatever you want
No one gives a shit

The Priv is still on Marshmallow if that's any consolation. They do get security patches at least though.

Ive flashed my zuk z2 with the android 7 stock rom, and installed twrp recovery and managed to flash open gapps pico, but I cant creat a google account or open the playstore. whenever I try, it just flashes for a second then closes.

any suggestions?

you need google play services

It installed with gapps? Can I just pick any arm apk off apkmirror to install?

after clearing all google play related apps and updating my play services i got it to open, now it says there was a problem communicating with google servers and wont let me do shit

Should I drop the Nexus 6 for an essential phone?

My uncle gave me his iphone 6, would it be worth trying to get a android phone for the price of selling it or would it be better than any phone I could get?

Best free open source browser on android.

Go.

I just got my Redmi Note 4X, I don't think I mind MIUI but heard I should flash it anyway because chink vendors.

Will the official MIUI be okay or avoid it and go with LineageOS?

Why do people recommend the Redmi Note 4X when there's the far better Zuk Z2?

>KEYone sold out everywhere already
>No carriers getting until summer

Fuck everything.

I'm coming from an SD652 with 4060mAh (10hours PCMark) going to a Le Max2 with SD820 with 3100mAh (7hours PCMark).

What am I in for?

Are you guys fucking serious with this blackberry piece of shit? You all do know that they're selling you what is essentially a moto g5, a phone that costs 189 dollars, for almost 700 dollars right? And that the keyboard in no way makes up for those extra 500 bucks? Fuck, at this point you might as well go donate those 700 to some random twitch whore, it'd be less dumb.

>tfw ordered one literally minutes after initial availability
Also quads checked

Are there phones that work in the US and EU? I'm going to be traveling between both for the next two years.

noice quads

ok /spg/ I got a normie as fuck sister, that is pissed at me for selling her the Nexus 6P meme, and wants to go back to plebsville.

how do i backup all of her texts? i dont care about stupid shit like that so i have never done it, but she needs them to blackmail guys to pay for her NEET whore lifestyle.

How's battery life in the moto G4? Or the moto G5 plus? Would either last me 12 hrs at least with moderate use?

Price aside, what is the best daily driver?

Is s8 with the curved screen a meme?

Pixel if you want pure Android.
Keyone if you want physical keyboard.
Moto G5 if you want removable battery.

any good chinkphone with physical keyboard?
even better if it's a flip phone?

AFAIK:
>Android is a botnet (Google) and fragmented as hell (bad OEM support) but has every app under the sun
>Apple is a fashion brand (functional, but overpriced)
>Windows Mobile Phone Mobile is dead (no devs give a shit and Microsoft's direction is unclear)
>Blackberry moved to Android
>Mozilla quit
>Canonical and Jolla still exist...
>China is shit (broken hardware, you're your own support, and Chinese and Russian botnets)

So, where do I buy a cheap smartphone which is well supported (security updates and availability of apps) for several years?

I just got a Pixel.

I have never used Android.

What do I do now?

>cheap
>well supported for several years
pick one

Shitpost on Sup Forums

I fell for the Pixel meme too user. I sold it because my battery got raped to 15% after a day of music, work and maps. I've sold it and bought a Redmi Note 4X.

I'm still paying my carrier $115 a month for the next 16 months, fucking kill me.

Go with AOSPExtended. It's official and more stable than Lineage. I've been on it for a month or so.

Are those not commonly accepted truths here?

Better battery life. Lots of stable roms to choose from. Bigger dev community.

I have owned a Oneplus 5 for three years, AMA

>115 a month
>financing consumer tech
>paying anything more than 50 USD to a carrier and that's for a proper unlimited LTE plan
what the fuck man

It's $115AUD but it's still fucked. I blew it. I do get unlimited everything and 10GB of data though.

banggood.com/DOOGEE-MIX-5_5-Inch-Android-7_0-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Helio-P25-Octa-Core-2_5GHz-4G-Smartphone-p-1155524.html

An impressive for for an impressive price.
I am already impressed by such an impressive phone

Super AMOLED for less than $200? How do they get away with this?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-doogee-mix

How's Lenovo P2? What's the negatives to it?

SD625
Shit Camera
AMOLED screen has burn in problems
Lenovo malware

>Lots of stable roms to choose from. Bigger dev community.
Why does this matter when you're going to replace it in 2 years anyway?

This is just some random excuse for shilling inferior shit like Redmi Note 4X when better alternatives like the Zuk Z2 is present.

I'm really loving the ZTE Axon 7 so far. Just wish it had a removable battery.

In want toate butoanele a Nokia 6. Does it worth?

Snupgragon 430 not wortgh

Explain me why. In know IT ia a bit older, but the phone looks Goodyear overall

You can buy it if you want to, But for me Nokia is a no go because Lenovo and Xiaomi offers phones with much better specs for the same price.

But worse hardware and support I'll bet. If all you care about is the processor number I'm sure the zuk will do you fine.

It depend what u understand front "better phone".
youtu.be/KjbqcacZRH4
youtu.be/0M3Budnl3aI

Daily reminder that physical keyboards are obsolete and anachronistic.

Anyone know where can I buy OnePlus 3T in the UK for the cheapest price? The O2 deal is not so good since it involved a 24 month contract.

Just picked up my Huawei P10 Lite. Have to be honest, I'm really impressed with it. Would recommend.

iPhones and Samsung phones usually have all the network bands needed (rather than having region specific variants).

>unlimited everything
>10GB data

owned every bb10 device and now own a keyone, ama

FAQ:

>No, there is no replacement for blend
>my favorite bb10 device was the Classic because the keyboard was god-tier

Android apps run different on the bb10 devices so I'll rate them:

Q5: 2/10
Q10: 4/10
Classic: 7/10
Leap: 8/10 (because ratio)
Passport: 9/10

KEYone is god-tier by the way, you can remove most google bloat if you're a tinfoil-fuckwit. Otherwise embrace the botnet and it's a beast. Hardware is the best TCL have done, 10/10 would purchase multiple.

camera examples are on insta if you want them, name is ebae._

>replacement for Blend.
You could use Cortana for that if you're on Windows10

I need to get a new phone, owned a Z3 which died now I'm using a HTC m8s.

Doesn't have to be the latest, not using the phone for gaming, most social media, write to do lists, calendar, e-mails and day to day things.

Wanted to wait for surface phone if it ever gets released this year but because my Z3 died I need one ASAP.

Prefer if it can be used for long term (i.e. 2+ years) with regular updates.

Memory card slot, good camera (front and back), good screen, good battery life. (Like everyone else wants)

Leaning toward HTC 10 or 11
Samsung S8 (don't fully like S8 but it's kind of a beast)
Sony XZ premium

Or an last year phone, not a fan of iPhone or Huawei because of cluttered with apps on the home screen.

Any help pretty please?

Now after the essential phone fiasco and considering the mi mix 2 will be even bigger and also without a headdphone jack, I am eyeing this chink phone:
>comfy size
>5.5'' super AMOLED 1080p
>fingerprint sensor on front
>dual camera
>3380mAh battery
>6GB RAM, up to 128GB ROM

My only concern is the mediakek cpu: Helio P25, I know about the lack of custom roms but how about the performance? Will it be like the snapdragon 650 or so?

>1080p
It's 720p

>essential phone fiasco
what's wrong with them?

it's 1080p
es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Boardless-Doogee-Mix-4G-Lte-Smartphone-Bezel-less-Android-7-0-MTK-Helio-P25-Octa/340386_32813039765.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.brp1O6

>p10 LITE
>has bigger screen, heavier, and thicker than p10

No headphone jack and retarded front camera placement.
Also I doubt it will ever gonna be released in Europe.

I've recently got a bit of money and it's time to upgrade my HTC Desire 510 to something more current. Is the ZTE Blade X Max any good? Are there any better phones in Cricket than this?

Anyone here with AGM X1?

How is the OS, are there any major fuckups?

Does equalizer work over bluetooth?

That phone looks absolutely disgusting

>ips
>on an overpriced piece of plastic
>in 2017
This kills the Apple.

is bb10 still usable in 2017?
i only need whatsapp,line,and google maps
can i use those in bb10?

What are the drawbacks of using a phone that does not support LTE band 20 (800 MHz) in EU (e.g. ZUK Z2)? Is it noticeable?

UPDATE: WhatsApp is extending support for BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry 10, Nokia S40 and Nokia Symbian S60 until June 30, 2017.

i know but bb10 can sideload android apk right?

depends in what country you are gonna use it
>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

Lite means it has lower specs, not that it's physically smaller /lighter. It was the same with P8 Lite and P9 Lite

I like it, it's like a more confy sized mi mix without the retarded round edges.
Shame it's not usb-c though.

You can buy unlocked phones and use them on Cricket, just need to make sure the phones have AT&T LTE band support, what's your budget?

doge is absolute shit tier brand
avoid that like a plague