Mmm, delicious.

To some $2000 cpu is like $500 cpu

>Literally have zero info on temps whatsoever
>6700k used TIM and was cool as hell
>4790k used TIM and was cool
>7700k used cheap shitty TIM and ran toaster oven tier
>So this means anything using TIM will run toaster oven tier
Wasn't bulldozer even soldered and it was hot has hell

New i9s will run so cool, intel suggests water cooling for base frequencies.

Intel never said that ever, they just came out with a water cooler, nor did I ever even say it would run cool
My point was, we have ZERO fucking clue about the temps, can't just say it's going to be a house fire because it uses thermal paste

How much does Intel pay you per post?
AMD is already putting the hurt on Intel and it's just beginning. The i9 is a desperate answer to ryzen. Threadripper is going to push Intel's shit in.

We can surmise that because they're using thermal cum and pushing their architecture. And releasing oem water cooler is tacit admission that they are going to run hot and need it to be reasonable and not throttle.

The watercooler is sold completely separate

just because they are using thermal past does not mean it will be hot, maybe wait until we actually get temperature metrics, then you can go all "XD HOUSEFIRE"

Remember when AMD released a processor that required water cooling?

It's not looking too good for Intel, let's be honest.

I upgraded to a xeon family, just a bios update and a cpu swap

Yeah but that was one chip and was sold as a super duper performance chip, not a mainstream offering. It was running at 5ghz ffs

>AMD is already putting the hurt on Intel and it's just beginning
Intel literally doesn't care, AMD hasn't even flicked them. Hence why they are just releasing whatever the fuck, they don't care
You can say AMD is "Really putting the hurt on intel" but that doesn't make it true, intel still has over 80% marketshare and double the stock price along with 98% of the server market.

oh no, you need to get with the times and watercool your shit. should already be on that grandpa.

>spending thousands more on unused cores and unnecessarily higher power consumption

I thought this an AMD meme?

What are you talking about? This shit is going to sell like hotcakes no matter what AMD was off the CPU radar for what? 10 years? 12 years? It's going to take alot to stop that, not just a couple new CPUs

you can get 9 to 10 thinkpads for 2000 bucks

Once their r5 & r3 come out with prices that make Intel obvious they're price gouging you'll start to see the shift. Remember that it's the pc manufactures that move the most chips. When they can reduce costs without sacrificing performance they're going to do it. Unless Intel pulls some shady stunt again.

amd has atoned for their bulldozer sins.

You can keep projecting your company allegiances to assume the success of your favorite faceless corporation but you're just going to be disappointed. AMD needs alot more time, maybe 4-6 more years to truly make a comeback.
No meme intended but just wait

>Just because the FX 9350 needs a watercooler and uses 220W doesn't mean it'll run hot

kek

What are you spewing?

>the i9 stock coolers are good enough

Kek
Didn't Intel advise customers not to overclock?

Literally nobody even said that, who are you quoting?
Yes, intel said that if you are getting bad temps, don't overclock

What reason do you have to upgrade your i7 cpu?

>Literally nobody even said that, who are you quoting?

I think user was being sarcastic
> green text isn't always used for quoting
To upgrade to a ryzen of course. Op is thanking Intel for making the decision so easy :^)

And still end up with 0 good laptops

I'd rather by ebic

>4790k uses TIM
Nawh man, 4790k was soldiered. You're thinking of the 4770k

STOP bullying intel amdumbs

Who's the guy in the picture wojak is holding?

still going to perform better than anything AMD :^)

wrong, devils canyon had improved thermals but was obviously not soldered.

>not using an i5 2500k

You're literally being happy because they gave you a reason to spend your money on useless shit. People like you should be executed.

Intel couldn't sell their $1000 CPU to save their lives even when they were the only option on the market.

Hahahahahahahahaah!

It's fucking over, Kikeripper is out for blood.

techpowerup.com/233945/amd-readies-nine-ryzen-threadripper-models

>The lineup is led by the 16-core/32-thread Ryzen Threadripper 1998X, with a healthy clock speed of 3.50 GHz, and 3.90 GHz boost, a TDP of 155W, and XFR.

Literally anuda shoah

>The 12-core/24-thread Ryzen Threadripper 1976X ships with a staggering 3.60 GHz core, and 4.10 GHz boost, XFR, and "only" 125W TDP. In comparison, everything 6-core thru 10-core in Intel's Skylake-X HEDT lineup is 140W. The next 12-core/24-thread Threadripper part is the 1956X with 3.20 GHz core, 3.80 GHz boost, XFR, and 125W TDP. Its smaller sibling, the 1956 (non-X), ships with 3.00 GHz core, 3.70 GHz boost, and no XFR, but the same 125W TDP.

REEE STOP IT

Put them on a network and they'll have more processing power, unplug Ethernet cable when they're done and you have a comfy shitposting machine to fap on bed

>"only" 125W TDP. In comparison, everything 6-core thru 10-core in Intel's Skylake-X HEDT lineup is 140W
>tfw le ebin netburst meme has returned

You used the wrong image there friendo :^)

except it's all true
5960X will objectively be the best CPU on the market for the next few years