Were these designed by the antichrist?

Were these designed by the antichrist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7oU7f4x16b0
datacenterfrontier.com/inside-facebooks-blu-ray-cold-storage-data-center/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you too stupid for them, OP?

werks for me

Just got them off and crimp JST's on if you don't like them. Imo they are great for temporary designs and hold fine with a tiny bit of electrical tape.

my first preassembled pc had something like this, basicly it had these connectors randomly on some shitty no name chinese mobo for 5.1 sound leading to usual 3.5 output (small board) which then had 5.1 receiver connecting to it. One I decided to clean the inside of my pc and just disconected everything, then I just could connect them in the right order. There was still sound it was just coming from the wrong speakers

what's wrong with them?

E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, commonly referred to as DuPont

Just use one of these.

You can' figure this shit out without a manual. If PC wants to tout itself as an issue to build platform the less manuals should be the goal.

not every motherboard has the same pinout for front panel connectors

I'm only mad about the power LED cables being separated.

What if I have big fingers?

Then you've got to choose: burgers or computers?

>Not buying the same motherboard always

>brand loyalty

Tweezers

i've never understood if the side with text on it goes up or down??

help pls

there's little arrows on the flipside where there isn't text, the arrow location indicates positive

ayy trips

also, here's an example

>not just plugging in the power switch

wow thanks.
Wtf do they not put a (+) on it though?
It lit. took me 15 years to find this out

fUCK THIS SHIT

iono, it's infuriating when they don't put + and - on the connectors, and only the use that it serves. so far i haven't found a case that didn't use the arrow for the front panel connectors.

As a rule, if it doesn't point it out on the motherboard, it's always the 2 fucking top right ones on the right and fuck anything else.

Manuals are for people who read. Do you read?

>reading

That's what I'm talking about.

they're not half as bad as GPIO pins are

positive and negative don't matter for anything other than the HDD light
and only faggots hook up the lights on a computer..

it's worse to be forced to work with an ancient computer with IDE drives and have to twist and bend that fucking cable because they told you to set them both to cable select and the slave is on top and the master is on the bottom and you can't swap em because the slave is a fucking dvd writer

who the fuck uses dvds in 2017

Well you can. You just have to read what is printed on the fuckin motherboard, nigger

>who the fuck uses dvds in 2017
People who still use DVDs. You may think you're so 1337 for buying all your games on Steam and using Netflix but others don't like doing that.

well I'm clearly better

>what are flash drives

I think facebook uses blu-rays for backups, if I am not mistaken.

Or you could learn to read a fucking manual.

kek

The same people who rip music and upload it into torrent trackers so you don't have to use CDs/DVDs.

blurays are more reliable than tapes though.
I think some of the big companies nowadays went from tapes to blurays

ill need some sauce on that

No. Tapes have a longer shelf life if properly taken care of, but doing so is expensive. Further, data density per dollar is better on Blu-ray. It's more about affordability than reliability. Small scratches can fuck your disk, but aren't likely to happen to a tape.

youtube.com/watch?v=7oU7f4x16b0

datacenterfrontier.com/inside-facebooks-blu-ray-cold-storage-data-center/

Well apperently facebook seems to be first doing that.

How do I put a flash drive in an optical drive?

> Open tray
> Put flash drive in
> Close tray
> ????
> Infinite read speeds

I don't see the issue.

here bro, you deserve it

I remember on some old pc case i was working on, the fucking USB ports had individual wires

i literally wanted to kms

>being this retarded

I bought a set of medical forceps.

cannut undastand you

My Asus motherboard has a little text under each pin so I don't even need a manual. Are there still manufacturers who don't do this?

doesn't gigabyte have something to help with that mess? I think it's only for their mobos but still.

Pretty sure ASUS does, maybe Gigabyte does too

almost

>molex does not even make this shitty connector
>they are forever associated with it

just read the freaking manual

which way do i plug in the reset switch with those connectors

is it bad when i plug in reset button backwards? fug

Polarity doesn't matter.

>is it bad when i plug in reset button backwards? fug
Those connect switches which work in both directions and LED which are diodes so they work in only one way but putting it the wrong way around won't damage it. They just don't pass the current through

neat!

what's wrong with those

They're impossible to remove without losing blood

i find usb more annoying than molex desu

universal serial bus compliant solid state flash mass storage peripheral drive

Perhaps reading the manual is a good option.

My fingers hurt.

Hate these.
>I'll buy cheap case, because I don't care how my PC outside looks
>Nice, it has HD audio output in front
>All wires are unmarked where is + or -
>White wire is on all plugs
>I guess it's -

Fucking stupid.
It worked, btw, but still stupid.
All pins side by side, mobo manual doesn't specify where the fuck - is, have to look closely at mobo next to pins where it's written with microscopic letters.

you didn't notice that all the connectors have a white wire and a different colored wire? This is basic bitch shit
it's also printed on the pcb

>This many people complaining about having to read a manual to plug some things in
Maybe you should've just gotten a cyberpower pc

>blurays are more reliable than tapes though.

This. Just fucking plug them in, and then if any leds don't light up like they're supposed to, turn it off and flip the connector around. Boom, you're done.

flashdrives aren't cost effective for giving out massive amounts of data and cloud storage is for idiots.

they simply are, they are not susceptible to the same moisture and heat issues that tapes have.

This, just used one 3 hours ago on a build.

Everything worked as expected on the first try turning it on.

I'm an ultra hacker level 6 so I don't need those to have everything work first try

Do they seriously sell motherboards with labels not already printed on them?

I-I didn't know.

>small scratches likely to fuck you
Do you even know a thing about bluray?
People have scratched the fuck out of them with pizza cutters, hammers and all kinds of shit and they still work fine.
The discs are nearly indestructible BY TRYING, never mind by accident.
The worst thing you could do is leave it out in intense light.

What kind of fucking idiot drops discs in a way to scratch them?
That's what children do. Not sysadmins managing archives.

this

as soon as you work up a sweat its over

This. You would be amazed at how many problems would be solved if people would just read the damn manuals

fuck you, this is easymode
try 24 pin atx, aka. im gonna fucking break the motherboard

From what I can tell it was printed above the connector outside our view

I know that feeling.

If you need to power on your PC to check if the front panel is correctly pluged to the mobo... you must be dumb as fuck...

It's interesting all plugs evolved except the chassis pins. Why they don't sort it out with a single digital cable

you a fucking moron. You can't know if it works or not until you try it.

Like Schrodinger's cat.

You can't just say, well i did it properly I KNOW it works, when you haven't even tried it yet, because for all you know there is a manufacturing fault that would make it not work anyway when you try.

tldr; shut the fuck up.

>Ever plugging in the LED's, ever

Yeah, I'm stuck with socket 775 cpus on my foxconn 945g7md to be sure to have the same cable layout. Every time my mobo breaks (happened 2 times) I buy the same motherboard again

that's not what the Q connector is for
it's really just to make installing it easier in regards to cable management

When I received my motherboard, all but two of the pins those are meant to attach to were gone. Power button is completely and utterly inoperable due to that. Those are indeed designed by the antichrist sheerly because fuck you.

Now I've gotta lean in there and roleplay that I'm hotwiring a car with a screwdriver just to jumpstart my computer any time it shuts off.

not him but literally didn't even know those existed

thanks friend

also what would that be called? a pcie power switch?

>When I received my motherboard, all but two of the pins those are meant to attach to were gone
What brand, so I can avoid?

>The result of capitalism and advertisement propoganda.

There must be a chink equivalent on aliexpress.

it's $17

Only matters for LEDs anyhow.

Holy shit dude it's $17. Are you that strapped for cash you need to save $6 on a pretty important function?

The last mobo I built with came with one of these, it was convenient as fuck. I've never had a build where it was all that hard to figure the pins out, but as I get older and my eyes and motor skills get shittier it becomes more and more of a pain doing it the old way.