Google is teaching girls how to code with help from Wonder Woman

>Google Play is teaming up with Warner Bros and Made with Code to release a new interactive coding project that encourages women to learn coding skills.

The tech giant hopes to convince more teen girls and women to consider pursuing a career in computer science, engineering, or games.

Through the project, young girls will be able to code three unique scenes from the film, using introductory coding principles to help Wonder Woman navigate obstacles and reach her objective.

As part of the collaboration, Google Play, Made with Code, and Warner Bros are also bringing together over 100 teen girls from L.A. to an advance screening of the new Wonder Woman movie.

"Wonder Woman’s struggle is more relevant today than ever, especially in the technology space, since girls are less likely than boys to be encouraged to pursue computer science and only 22 percent of gaming developers are women," reads a press release.

"We hope Wonder Woman's message of empowerment inspires teen girls, and women, to build confidence in pursuing careers in computer science, engineering, gaming -- or whatever their dreams may be."

gamasutra.com/view/news/299159/Google_is_teaching_girls_how_to_code_with_help_from_Wonder_Woman.php

Lemme ask you Sup Forums, are you a kode amazon?

Women can decide for themselves and apparently, they don't want to become software developers. I really don't understand the push for them to pursue a career in a field most of them don't like.

Wish I had this when I was a kid. I'm gay btw

Good then I'd finally have someone to date once they hit 20

Do you think people will look back on the 2010s in sheer embarrassment?

Who the fuck thinks this is cool.
Programming isn't cool or exciting.
Shoving girls into computer classes "for their own good" isn't heroic or commendable behavior,.

coding is fucking hard and scary this might help 1% of kids but they probably would have become devs anyways

if you disagree then you are still in school or you do most of your work alone in a scripting language

This. Who even legitimately enjoys this job? Most coding isn't anything exciting like building a game or an AI

squeaky wheel gets the media coverage and government funding and virtue signaling

>male programmers
Nerd virgins
>Female programmers
Wonder women
Really made my neurons go off

There will be more horny teen boys running that than girls.

I'm guilty but I'm 30

We should really start an all male coding troph to piss off people.

We could get a black, a muslum, a mexishit, and fat white person to model for our cause. Make our code look manly as shit (as in no pretty syntax colors, just green and black) and give scholarships to other men.

If anyone complains, just point out all the social support women get for doing something mundane.

I enjoy programming but I'd never apply to a programming job. That would suck all the fun out of it - using languages you don't like running frameworks you don't like with people you don't like, and be pressed to do that as fast as the management wants. Bleh.

Maybe you simply like comics.

Not him but I agree. I got out of development because of this - working with java was not my dream job

I have like of the same view. I code for a living because I don't "enjoy" it. I like doing it, I like my job, but I'm not passionate about it and at the end of the day it's a means to an end for me, the end being a comfy job with good pay
I enjoy education, and I do that on the side volunteer at tutoring centers. I love it, but I don't want to do that for a job because it's going to suck all the joy out of it

>Water down content for everybody to get guuurrrls xDDD into a field for...some reason?
>Women who are actually interested now get subpar education, ridiculed, and assumed to be those retards that Kode with Klossy
>Men who are actually interested are now discriminated against thanks to quota programs in university
>Industry as a whole suffers, nobody wins, all in the same of DYVERSYTY

>>Women who are actually interested now get subpar education, ridiculed, and assumed to be those retards that Kode with Klossy
That's my main issue. I don't have a problem with these 'kode kamps' if they teach people the right stuff. I feel like these camps put people in this hugbox where they think that it's the only option to learn. They don't teach people how to progress in the field, just to be okay with Ruby or RPis. The camps, in my opinion, show the rather boring part of the field instead of the neat math tricks you find or that 'click' you get when you figure shit out.

Using characters from comic books (which women do not read) to get girls into heavily mathematics based computer programming (which women hate)

also think of the level of insult and patronizing here. If you a man you go through text books and lectures like and adult but girls need simple tutorials with pretty colorful pictures to help them. like they have fucking downs syndrome.

I would give wondy my khode

I don't see anything wrong with this?

i-i am a k-kode amazon

They should have used HBO's Girls (tm) or something that roasties actually watch.

WW is fapbait for nerdy boys. Not even lesbians like her. These people couldn't possibly be more out of touch with reality.

This. Name one girl that likes Wonder Woman

>yes goy totally not a move to increase competition in a field already dominated by cheap labour imported from overseas even further

That's black canary. Wynder Womyn has always been the proponent for female empowerment - which is ironic because she's based off the S&M mistress of the creator (his wife was a cuckquean).

t. Sup Forums poster

>really don't understand the push for them to pursue a career in a field most of them don't like.
To depreciate the value of real developers and make wages lower.

im a girl coder *takes meds*

What would be safer? A software written by an American woman or by an Indian Pajeet?

> Wonder Woman’s struggle is more relevant today than ever
Sure must be a struggle to be a 10/10 woman with super strength, super speed, an invisible plane, bulletproof bracelets and a near-indestructible rope that forces people to tell the truth.

Hell, even IRL, that FIRST point is often enough for a woman to just walk through life on Easy Mode.

>inb4 someone posts the shitty kode with karlie image without actually understanding the contents of it

Now Google search is full of fucking gay pride banners everywhere. Politics aside it's just painful to look at. It stretches down the page and looks awful.

My main gripe is they're trying to teach them programming with shiny flashing toys like Scratch that have nothing to do with how software actually is made. Hell even something like QBasic would be more legit and kids can easily understand it.

Just look at this shit. It's just a fucking drawing turtle except with capegirl whipping nazis.

It's like making the girls learn engineering and have them play with regular legos instead of mindstorms.

This movie has set some gigantic double standards

A fucking women only screening of it. Imagine what would happen if there was a men only screening of anything.

Who the fuck thinks this is appealing to girls anywhere? What a fucking failure.

What do you mean? It teaches core principles of programming in a simple to understand way that appeals to children. Of course it's not going to teach you how to go write software in C or whatever, but the point is to help you understand the logic behind programs.

>children need flashy colors to learn
Why the fuck does this meme continue to be pushed? Do people just not remember being children? Kids are pretty fucking smart, you don't have to treat them like drooling retards, in fact you'll probably just annoy them. If a kid wants to play a game, they'll go play an actually fun game, not some lame, uninspired, weak "educational" POS like that.

This post reeks of "I know I'm only 12 but I'm mature!!"
Protip: People wouldn't waste money creating these tools if they didn't work.

What's with wanting women to program because they're women when they generally don't care about it as much as men do? I don't get these fucking weirdos

Look, I'm sure you worked very hard on the "game" pajeet, really. It's trash, though. My high school tried teaching us Scratch and it was an utter waste of time.

fuck google and this shit sjw efforts its doing, if a woman wants to learn to code she can do it on her own and she doesn't have to be pushed or patronised by a cartoon into doing so ffs.

It's enjoyable as a hobby, but the real problem with a programming *job* is dealing with people and shitty overrated conventions

>teaching women to (((code))) not to program

then we wonder why the IT industry is stabbing itself to death

what did they mean by this

i'm working at a publishing house dedicated to create schoolbooks and you're wrong. our most poular titles are the ones who looks the most conservative and no one is buying the e-learning shit marketers try to shove down peoples throats. hell, we reprint 25 year old books every year in the exact same layout because it's considered a classic and a standard teaching book!