BRIEFCASES / BACKPACKS

What do you carry your laptops around in, Sup Forums?
More specifically, those of you with 9-5 jobs.

Backpacks feel childish, but something like pic related feels fedoralordtier tryhard (I'm 23).

What the fuck do you carry your thinkpads around in, businessmin>?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85C3XA0570
shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/backpacks/products/lawson-backpack-black-2
riut.co.uk/choose-your-riutbag/riutbag-r25-black-25-litre-backpack-15-laptop-secure-smart-simple
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's pretty cool. Allows you to funpost while talking

I dont carry mine around. I have a computer at work and a computer at home. I know how to access my shit without carrying it around.

If I do go somewhere, like one of the hipster shit cafes that charge $10 for black coffee, I use a backpack.

Still use a backpack for commutes when not working although it's getting hard to find non obnoxious designs that aren't overpriced designer shit

For work, just a low profile cheap messenger bag. The less obnoxious and conspicuous the design the better imo. Some of the thinkpad bags are actually decent and cheap

A simple bag-- no contrasting colors or logos, leather is nice but needs maintenance. Users need simple, clean functionality. My bags are small and still hold all the necessities. It can be as small as 2" wide or as large as 8"-- I take it everywhere, functionally its a murse.

Also, no one on Sup Forums is really employed. Employed people don't have time to shitpost.

Here, this is the none-fedora version of your pic.
Doesn't look stylish, and does it's job.

You should look for something like pic related.

Go for a cleaner bag with light colors so you can look more stylish

>time to get a job
>instead of finding a job, start worrying about inconsequential shit like what kind of bag you'll use if you got the job

>not carrying your laptop in a plastic bag you got free from the store like a tru gnu user

Apple fags get off my board.

Professional working stiffs aren't afraid to carry a duffel bag to work, why should you care about carrying a backpack?

kek

Do they make messenger bags that don't look like purses?

>do they make man purses that don't look like purses
no

irl no one really gives a shit what purse you carry to work because modern fashion has lost all standards and essentially has transcended irony

Cant beat that korean style.

Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:10:44 No.60696222 ▶
File: high-quality-briefcase-13(...).jpg (11 KB, 300x300)
11 KB

(OP)
You should look for something like pic related.

Go for a cleaner bag with light colors so you can look more stylish

>>
Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:10:57 No.60696230 ▶
File: heh.jpg (27 KB, 600x765)
27 KB

>time to get a job
>instead of finding a job, start worrying about inconsequential shit like what kind of bag you'll use if you got the job

>>
Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:14:05 No.60696268 ▶ >not carrying your laptop in a plastic bag you got free from the store like a tru gnu user

Apple fags get off my board.

>>
Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:14:39 No.60696275 ▶

Professional working stiffs aren't afraid to carry a duffel bag to work, why should you care about carrying a backpack?

>>
Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:14:56 No.60696282 ▶

kek

>>
Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:15:41 No.60696290 ▶ Do they make messenger bags that don't look like purses?

>>
Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:16:08 No.60696296 ▶

>do they make man purses that don't look like purses
no

>>
Anonymous 06/01/17(Thu)20:16:16 No.60696300 ▶

irl no one really gives a shit what purse you carry to work because modern fashion has lost all standards and essentially has transcended irony

>Actually giving a shit about fashion
Literally kill yourself desu.

yes

stop switchposting

>caring about fashion
I don't. That's why I need advice. Those of us who (intend) to make money have to make a good impression to clients so they will give us their money its a big confidence game m8

I use one of these.
It's a backpack when I want one, and doesn't look ridiculous being carried around by the handles.
Great middle ground between a backpack and briefcase and my 12" X201T fits inside perfectly.

Hipster shit

Are you a homosexual?

Thin straps make it uncomfortable
Build quality has plummeted over the years

I use a Thinkpad, so yes.

That's a purse.

anything by JFP desu

it's called buying whatever the rest of the office uses. You know what clients appreciate the most? Something they don't notice at all.

No obnoxious hipster flavor of the month garbage (this means anything with large visible branding)
No, "look at me I'm a business man" shit
Something humble and simple that doesn't look like you picked it up at Walmart.

ahahah
Chinese pseudo milspec is better built than that hipster garbage

You just described what I'm looking for. That's what I made the thread and asked about.
Any suggestions, m8?

Something that looks like this. However because I don't have to wander miles I just use the normal handle

not sure if this fits your liking but it depends on the budget as well. You can probably find it for cheaper somewhere else. The Thinkpad logo is minimal and on the bottom and there are no contrasting colors. It has a touch of leather but isn't covered in it so you don't look like you dug it out of a house that was abandoned in the early 90s.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85C3XA0570

These are perfect. Thanks, guys

>I have a computer at work

Where do you work that your computer doesn't get stolen constantly?

I would never leave something in the office I would mind getting stolen.
There is a break-in about 2 or 3 times a year.

>normal accessory makes you look like a fedora-tier tryhard
???

My rule:

When you work in sales/marketing you need a purse.
When you work in IT/development you can get away with a backpack.

Agreed?

This one.

>There is a break-in about 2 or 3 times a year.
must be a shit company that can't into basic sec

>Agreed?
depends on the type of backpack but yeah, agreed

briefcase or messenger bag is fine

otherwise is autism

>normal
>pseudo vintage "look at muh taste" meme bag
pick one

Literally everyone uses messenger bags, stop being an autist.

we're talking specifically about OP's pic, which he referred to as fedora-tier

we're not talking about messenger bags in general

>mfw required to bring my work laptop home with me every day because people like to steal computers.

At least it saves me the trouble of having to buy one for personal use

shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/backpacks/products/lawson-backpack-black-2

this ... im bloody useless at change .. i found this and loved it so much i bought another two because i will want exactly the same again once its worn out..

i still miss my good hat :\ .. i shall not be fooled twice

Used to use backpacks but now I use a messenger bag to prevent being sweaty on the back when I arrive at work. I normally don't bring a laptop with me though because we only access our windows and linux environments from thin clients not accessible from the internet. So I mostly only carry lunch and a few other essentials in the bag except I sometimes bring my laptop for entertainment when in transit.

>must be a shit company that can't into basic sec

It's my company.
But it's a shared office and the landlord doesn't give a shit.

At my previous work there were break-ins too though, despite a good alarm system.

Best one you can find on the market atm.

riut.co.uk/choose-your-riutbag/riutbag-r25-black-25-litre-backpack-15-laptop-secure-smart-simple

>tfw you bought ONE backpack that's perfect no matter what you're doing or where you're going
feels fucking fantastic man.
git gud fagits.

I hate backpacks, but I'm cheap and have one from work. Also, I go to the gym before work and I need some place to stuff the dirty cloths in

>that guy who walks into the office smelling like wet socks

>shit brand camping bag
>perfect no matter what you're doing
M E M E

What do you mean?
REI makes good gear and sells it at an affordable price.