What are some of the ways of earning real money with programming? How do you make money Sup Forums?

What are some of the ways of earning real money with programming? How do you make money Sup Forums?

legal:
>webdev/front-end/pseudo-programming
extreme competition, overcrowded, pajeets, wage slave, freelancing a.k.a. "i'll suck ur dick for 5$", trash etc.
>back-end/low-level
less competition, generally good pay but that one advantageous position has already been filled by someone else (probably a dinosaur) and now you have to deal with cheap ass shitty employers who want you to also write j*vascript and use even more shitty frameworks so they can cut down their expenses.
>cybersecurity/whitehats/hackers-in-suits
less-to-moderate competition, fair enough pay thanks to the constant fear created by blackhatz, safest bet in the long run.
>entrepreneurship/startup
just kys pls

semi-legal:
>aimbots, wallhacks, trainers, cheats etc.
moderate competition, actually it is more about marketing than programming.
>blackhat seo
i said programming

illegal (a.k.a. i am a retarded dumbass who risks his/her own freedom):
>corporate espionage
less-to-moderate competition, gotta have contacts somehow, good pay.
>ransomware
high competition, good pay, +bad karma for being an asshole.
>state-sponsored contractorship
?? competition, good pay, +bad karma cuz government surveillance.

>semi-legal:
>aimbots, wallhacks, trainers, cheats etc.

Enjoy getting sued by game makers like blizzard and riot

>ransomware
>good pay
Yare yare.
>state-sponsored contractorship
>illegal
If you're the law everything is legal. Or do you mean illegal in the country you aren't in? In which case who really cares? It's not like anyone wants to go to mainland China or Russia. US alphabet soups get away with literal rape all the time.
>How do you make money
I write firmware for networking devices. Spoiler alert, everything has telemetry. I make plenty but I'm mostly just grinding work experience and pouring money into student loans right now. Going to try to get in with Intel, since they're all about the Cloud™ now.

>>entrepreneurship/startup
>just kys pls
Why do you resent people who have agency and take risks?

Most of the people browsing Sup Forums planning a "startup" are probably expecting to sit around playing videogames for a month and then get handed a billion dollars for "The Uber of Tinder" or "The Tinder of Kayak" or something.

This is not the vibe I'm getting from "just kys pls".

i made a tool that scraped usernames off twitch and sent them whispers. was insane, used it to test run and told people they won 3k free riot points for watching LoL esports. Then got a nice letter from Riot games and Twitch.tv.
Earned $30k tho which is enough to life off 5 years here.

also u can just go to any blackhat forum, pick any tool and redesign the ui + add some new features and sell for 20% cheaper.

>earning real money
What do you consider "real money"?

>pseudo-programming
There is plenty of real programming to be done on the front end if you know where to look for it. Multiplayer games and real time collaboration stuff with websockets put you in the "real programming" territory really fast. Before you know it, you're counting frames and bytes and benchmarking uncompressed data vs. RLE vs. LZ4 for transfer rate and client CPU usage.
>extreme competition
Only at the bottom, and even then it's possible to stand out if you're good. If you do the kind of thing I described above Pajeets simply can't compete with you. They cannot into even React+Redux.
>back end grouped together with low end
No. Those are separate markets. Back end goes together with web dev and mobile app dev, which OP forgot about. Embedded may be full of dinosaurs with not much demand for fresh blood, but back end is the bread and butter of enterprise programming and there are always big companies hiring.

Probably 2-3 times the amount necessary to rent a near city centre 2-bed apartment.

>>entrepreneurship/startup
>just kys pls

The company I work for just officially launched our product.

I'm currently on $68k a year and my boss and myself are going to have a discussion about a raise at the end of this month. Oh and I also received a $1000 cash bonus yesterday for my hard work.

Risk makes reward if you're willing to work for it.

>near city centre
May as well just stab yourself, throw your wallet into a ditch, and hit any glass you own with a baseball bat now. Way cheaper.

Start-ups are the best learning experience anyone could get when getting into tech. Corporate companies cannot compare unless they use the the start-up environment meme by letting u play in a box within a subset of a company
>t. IBMigger

>America

No, that would be getting shot.

work 4 facebook
rake in the cash
source: glassdoor

To get a job in cybersecurity is it better to do a computer science degree or to go straight for a cybersecurity degree? Generally I would think comp science is more reputable but cybersecurity is directly relevant.

you know like couple of million dollars + some more on the side which you can spend on snorting a line on multiple thicc bitches' asses in ibiza, belize or any similar "chiquita" tier place. then of course you would also need a private jet, you can't just fly in economy after doing all that shit.

so basically just enough for couple of whores, a private jet and unlimited amount of cocaine.

I like programming, but I also like cyber security. any areas of cyber security where you have to program? Also, how does pay compare, between a senior software engineer and a senior security analyst?

You'd better. Their offices look pretty lousy. I talked to a recruiter of the theirs a few years ago and he confirmed they were loud as fuck. But, he said, in a few weeks you would adjust and if you needed to concentrate on something you could go to a meeting room. Right.

If you want to make that sort of money, you can't be an employee, so your main skill isn't going to be programming.

contractors who do business with governments is no joke, these guys literally make millions of dollars per project. i know for a fact a small tech security company sold a dpi suite for surveillance to a shitty government for 6m euros. yep, just a fucking deep package inspection software.

even cia was admitting that one of the reasons they had so many exploits and tools was that they had shit ton of money in their pockets.

the question is how do you find such contracts in the government in first place? most of them must be classified and i guess only way is by networking.

i would love to do what snowden was doing if the pay is good. fuck the people and their privacy.

>contractors who do business with governments is no joke
100% true. What I was suggesting was that the main skill of the self-employed is not programming, but business.

Work for a larger Defense Contractor.

I started at a huge DC in Physical Security, joined our internal red-team for Pen Testing, got moved to the a sub company of ours that does Pen Testing for .gov/.mil.

Pay is gud, a little different now we used to get paid a flat fee so we'd just be lazy and exploit human weakness to get in. Now we get a lower flat fee and to get back to what we were making we have to document physical security lapses/exploits.

>Physical Security
What did that entail?

>The company I work for just officially launched our product.

Congratulations.

Currently going through a launch myself, it's fucking hellish.