Why do we need anything else?

Image related is the holy trinity of programming. It's pointless to learn any other langs if you know Perl, C, and C#.

C is the king of low-level, highly efficient systems programming. It is a simple and elegant language which cannot be outclassed by C++ or Rust (both clusterfucks)

C# is intuitive, easy, and powerful for graphical application development. It is one of the few OO langs not to become a mess of abstraction and unnecessary complexity while still having every feature you could want.

Perl is the god of any scripting. It outperforms all other (significantly complex) interpreted langs and is extremely concise and expressive once you've mastered it, making it easy to crank out any sort of script (build scripts, backend web scripts, etc) in a short time.

What else do you need (other than what's imposed on you by poorly designed systems like JS, Swift, etc)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20bgx9ZRpyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who the fuck uses perl anymore?

Lots and lots of shops. A ton of major sites still use perl(sadly).

python, rust and kotlin is a better trio

>python

ok for C
fuck C#
Tcl > Perl

>no javascript
dropped

>fuck C#

Why.

So you agree with Rust and Kotlin?

It looks too Java-ish to me. And I have bad nightmares with Java.

>it looks too java-ish to me

user, where most Sup Forumsanoo men would start shitflinging at this point, I'm going to suggest that you give it a chance. It may seem syntactically similar from the outside, but I find that C# is much less verbose when it doesn't need to be, while maintaining a degree of clarity that a lot of modern languages lack.

Between that, the widespread usage, the varied applications of it, and a company that literally has pumped millions into its development, it is a very well put together language.

Give it a try.

>C#

It's shit unless your programming windows desktop software.

The desktop is dead. No one is creating new software for the desktop. If you learn C# your job will be to maintain legacy spaghetti code.

C# is also created for retards to use in an IDE. They specifically created the language so people can press buttons to make programs instead of actually typing out the code. The people who press buttons to program don't really know how to code or how their code works.

C# is made for retards.

Only cucks use microsoft languages (this is an MS shill thread btw)

C# is the Visual Basic of tomorrow

Don't do it

What the fuck does that even mean?

C
Lisp
Ruby

C# it's like Java withouth Pajeet tier bullshit.

it sure is

>if you know [VISUAL REAPER INDOCTRINATION], [derprecated, use C++], and [VB with braces]
youtube.com/watch?v=20bgx9ZRpyQ

You've apparently never used C# if you think it isn't a mess of abstraction and unnecessary complexity.

Java is more straightforward and far cleaner than C# is.

Why LISP over Scheme? Does LISP have implementations that produces faster binaries than Chez Scheme?

I was refering to the whole class of List Programing languages its really up to personal preferance and use case which to use.

But user, everyone uses asp.net...

nah

I, for one, have used both. C# may be more complex as a language, but using it is WAY less complicated than using Java. There's definitely abstraction all over the place, but it's done in a far better way because MS didn't limit themselves to """"idiomatic""" OO everywhere.

C#'s standard libs are far cleaner and easier to understand than Java's, because every fucking thing doesn't need to be an object or have 10 objects attached to it somehow.

>Why do we need anything else?

You sometimes need a shell because it's better at simple commands than Perl.
You sometimes need assembly because it's lower level than C allows.
You sometimes need GLSL because C doesn't work well for GPUs

>It is a simple and elegant language which cannot be outclassed by C++ or Rust (both clusterfucks)

It cannot be outclassed in simplicity, but one does not always want a simple language for systems programming. C++ is basically equivalent in performance, but kicks C's ass for features. Rust needs better compiler optimizations and some stability in libraries, but otherwise serves as a more coherent C++.

>C# is intuitive, easy, and powerful for graphical application development.

Perhaps, but your available tools on platforms not made by Microsoft are only so-so. Xamarin is bloated as shit.

>Perl is the god of any scripting. It outperforms all other (significantly complex) interpreted langs and is extremely concise and expressive once you've mastered it, making it easy to crank out any sort of script (build scripts, backend web scripts, etc) in a short time.

Perl is weakly typed hot garbage that is a pain to maintain. If Ruby or Python are at all available, they should be preferred 100% of the time over Perl.

>kotlin
Lol

>They specifically created the language so people can press buttons to make programs instead of actually typing out the code.
I tried starting the C# work I have to do next semester using Visual Studio and found this really fucking annoying. When I'm coding I don't want to use a giant GUI-clusterfuck, especially not on my school's laggy VDI.

Go
Rust
Python

C++ is fucking garbage for systems programming.
>Exceptions
>Hidden allocations and state changes everywhere
>Unstable ABI
etc.

look up crystal
I think you'll like it ;)