Why is linux such a joke

Other urls found in this thread:

majorgeeks.com/files/details/icaros.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>look mom I posted it again!

Look user they still haven't fixed it!

Windows 10 doesn't have this problem

Windows 10 doesn't have this problem.

Stop using GTK based cancer. Switch to something that uses Qt, like KDE or LXQT.

GTK and its incompetent devs are the reason Linux hasn't had its "year of the Linux desktop" yet. You're literally holding the OS back by supporting them.

but look how great the gimp's toolkit is!

>Install FILE MANAGER
>FILE MANAGER just works
>FILE MANAGER not used in "Open" dialog popups
can't make this shit up

>have to install outdated third-party AUR packages to make something basic work
so this is the power of linux

file manager and file picker/file chooser are not the same thing, dude - that's across OSes

your graphics library will have its own file chooser that most programs use to choose files. Here's java/swing for example

Here, let me explain it in terms Windows users can understand.

You're using the Linux equivalent of Windows ME, and you're acting like its representative of the versions of the OS that aren't products of firing the entire QA department for hurting your feelings.

>tfw no thunar qt

Disgusting font. Fix this shit!

Lxqt or kde for comfy modern aesthetics that isnt bloated like an obese southern pure bred American?

doesn't firefox/chrome and the majority of linux applications use gtk

bloat

>stop using gimp based cancer
>switch to KrashyDE or LXQuestionablyTrash

what you can do in such cases and this has been mentioned before is to not use the picker at all but use your file manager instead which should have thumbnails and all the other file assosiacions so you will preview your videos and you'll also see them in the order you're used to seeing them after that just drag and drop
>inb4 hurr durr dnd
be grateful it's there

or if you know the name of the file you want to select then use the picker and type the name

>he needs thumbnails to find memes

Really?
Practically it's the same in browsers, since drag&drop support.

works on my machine

meanwhile it's and winshit still doesn't have webm thumbnails lmoa

Post that opensuse.png :^)
FOSS BTFO proprietary POS once more

>using inferior software
Wow. It's like you brought it on yourself

really makes u think huh

majorgeeks.com/files/details/icaros.html

oh come on that's a bug or something's wrong on your end. nice try

Windows have bugs? Sad.

and Linux is bug free right?

>outdated
So are you saying this has been fixed for a while then?

Winblows best blow

Nice reading comprehension

Install KDE.

>Why is linux such a joke

GNOME is the joke, a bad one

Use KDE plasma.

Why do you have pictures of little girls

What are the packages that fix the file picker thumbnails if you aren't running KDE but XFCE?

KDE Plasma 5 doesn't have this problem.

>have to compile from source because gtk devs are too autistic and retarded to accept the patches

It's a configuration file for gtk based on aur.

YOU NEED TO DO EVERYTHING YOURSELF.
Code everything by your lonesome.

>pale moon
lol

are you fucking stupid or what?

>reddit spacing
are you fucking retarded or what?

wow you sure fit right in now buddy

>my installation of additional software that provides usability is "shit autistic hack linux sux where are my games"
>your installation of additional software that provides usability is legitimate because it has a dedicated webpage and a graphical user interface for god knows what reason

Nice

since when Sup Forums is second home for redditors for fuck sake? go be normie somewhere else, your reply to user's good point was "lol i don't like your browser xdd"
Tell me user, why Windows doesn't support webm files?

because wangblows a shit

but that's not the reason pale moon is shit. it's the browser fingerprint and you should fucking know this by now.

nothin to hide nothin to fear :)

How do you make chromium use a qt file picker?

Not have GTK file picker available.

>workaround that's worse than installing windows 10

Sheesh guys give it a rest. Linux lives on your phone and other shitty IOT devices. It will never be a desktop product.

>i-it will n-never be a d-desktop p-product j-just see!

>drag and drop is somehow worse than installing a malware OS that sends data to microsoft's servers 7/24 and can't be disabled
user, do you have mental issues?

What the actual fuck does the kernel have anything to do with this.

Instead if whining like an entitled brat you could actually contribute to user land and implement a thumbnail feature if you so happen to """need'''''' this.

>REDDISK
here is your answer

>Why is linux such a joke

to keep fags like you from using it :^)

>it's another "KDE doesn't exist" thread

Really made me think. Now post some poor excuses for why you're not using KDE.

Multimonitor setups are still broken.

I've literally never had trouble with multi-monitor on Linux. I use Windows 10 at work though, and my last two laptops have both routinely fucked up my multi-monitor setup, either by not switching the external monitors on at boot or by randomly forgetting the external monitor's settings.

user login: enter password
desktop loads : enter password so that you can connect to wifi
updates available: enter password to see them
install updates: enter password
second round of updates: enter password

what the fuck is this all about?

Feel free to turn on passwordless sudo if you hate security. The alternative is something that requires user intervention but doesn't ask for a password, like Windows' UAC, but UAC ships broken on modern versions of Windows anyway.

>enter password so that you can connect to wifi
Your NetworkManager is misconfigured.

ahodesuka!

This only happens with KDE iirc.
user login: fine
update login: fine
It's the others one that bother me
Why should I have to enter a password to see updates and another one to install them? And again if it didn't install them all while the window is still open.

>Your NetworkManager is misconfigured.
I don't see how, it's set to connect automatically

I honestly couldn't tell you. It's been about ten years since I've updated with a graphical tool and I don't know which one you're using. Just run sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade from a terminal and you will only have to type your password once.

>I don't see how, it's set to connect automatically
So is mine, and it worked like this out-of-the-box. I installed Debian, installed KDE, entered my wifi password the normal way through the GUI, and it's never asked me for my local password. I think there's a difference between what NetworkManager considers global network connections and the ones that are local to your account. It should only ask for your password for the global ones. Maybe delete the connection and add it again?

Why should Johnny Nobody be allowed to disconnect all users from a machine? Remember this isn't Windows it's a real multiuser system

fucking pedo

I think I fixed it. I disabled kwallet and set to remember password for all users (not encrypted).
Setting it to this user (encrypted), even though I didn't make another user and always login with the same user would prompt a password nag every time.

>>workaround that's worse
i know you're trolling but if you think about it when you open that picker window on windows you're actually using the explorer. which is what? you guessed it, a file manager. and can you search by simply typing in botnet10? in gtk you can and it works well