Act_0515.exe

I have this nasty trojan/virus whatever on My windows partion called act_0515.exe that just re-appears after I delete it. It keeps making a windows activation window pop-up full screen and it kills the explorer program. I've tried two anti-virus programs and no dice. I've read a few guides on manually removing the virus, but I don't want to risk messing up My registry. Does anyone know how to remove this act_0515.exe shit?

Install Gentoo.

What if you remove it without bootiing into windows? use a livecd/usb or something

nvm fixed it

Ok. I'm on My linux partition right now. I'll do that, but I'm pretty sure it will just come back...

fuck off

Please respond.

OP here. No need to respond, I fixed it.

just reinstall, nignog. you'd spend less time doing that than you would sanitizing a thoroughly fucked system

What was the fix?

The thing is, My computer is unusable when I try to re-install windows. My mouse and keyboard don't function at the windows install screen. I need to buy a replacement motherboard but I don't want to do that right now. Should have put that in the OP.

Bump.

delete system32

>2017
>getting virus on Windows

Go back to Mac, faggot.

No mate, your motherboard is fine, you're just a fuckwit who doesn't realise that without USB drivers your KBM won't function. Just get a PS/2 to USB adapter for your KB and voila.

Literally install Linux. Debian is stable enough to be used by normies. I use it too because I stopped giving a shit.

>move all your shit to something else
>nuke it from orbit
>enjoy your fresh install

I tried that and it doesn't work. -.-

I dual boot with linux, but want to be able to use windows for games n' things.

Bump.

Someone please help OP

It's ok, I fixed it already.

Can you walk me through how you fixed it for posterity

If I fixed it I would have just deleted the thread.

Please stop pretending to be me. I don't know how to delete threads.

Install Windows 10.

Bump.

>backup
>format
>reinstall

Seriously. Reinstalling Windows is trivial these days, especially since you've had the foresight to create its own partition.

See...

>boot into safe mode
>run adwcleaner
>reboot into safe mode again
>run rogue killer
>look for any weird scheduled tasks
>check their actions, see if it points to a hidden DLL
>delete said DLL
>reboot
>shoot yourself in the dick