>9gag.com
>image.jpg
Get out

>Swedish

le 9gag army amirite?xDSO RANDOM

>Germany and little Germany
Kek

>Gaelic
I can see your concern OP, why would Ireland have Scotland's native language as our second most spoken language when it is Gaeilge our own native language.

Desperta ferro, aquí estem. Mediterrània als nostres peus.
Sent el poder a les teves mans. Coratge, metalls units per fi.

Polish is spoken by more people than Irish though.

E tota hora que oiran les batalles e feits d'armes, vaja-los lo cor que totes les victòries estan solament al poder e a la volentat de Déu, e no en poder de gents.

E qui ab veritat guerreja e va, Déus lo exalça e li dóna victòria, e que ab poques gents fa vençre e destrovir moltes qui ab supèrbia e malvestat van e es fien més en llur poder que en lo poder de Déu

youtu.be/lBUFByGX0w4?t=2m28s

Finland have a large Swedish speaking minority and they all learn Swedish in school.

>Belarus

>Belarusian

>1kb, 1x1

>Belarus
sad

>Turkish

It's sad, not funny.

STOP THE BULLY
IT'S THE ENGLISH BASTERDS THEY FUCKING STARVED MOST OF THE IRISH SPEAKERS TO DEATH
JUSTICE FOR BELARUS AND IRELAND

>Swedish

>Finland have a large Swedish speaking minority
Less than 5% and still reducing

>all learn Swedish in school
All are taught Swedish in schools, but maybe one in a thousand ever learns it past the "jag heter *your own name*" simply because it has absolutely no use in the everyday life.

I have nothing against Swedes or Swedish, but what I can't stand are the jew-like fennoswedes who thin the public blood to keep their locally useless language on life support for god only knows how long.

Will you just take these cunts if I promise we'll take all finnjävler off you hands?

Belorussian, Ukrainian and Russian(and a few others) are literally dialects of the same language.

>Moldova
>secondary language: Romanian

>Mirandesetugal

What the fuck is this?

>Butthurt belt
Tell me why they think they are somehow not russians again?

>Mirandese
I don't believe you, that's a meme language.
There can't possibly be more portuguese people speaking mirandese than english or spanish.

Why does Catalan looks like a retard trying to write in old French?

I like Jarmos dont take then :(((

I have been hoping for someone to post that image for almost two years
Thank you

>meme language.
Fits just right for a meme country like whatevertugal. Even their native language is basically meme spanish.

We've got more English speakers than Swedish speakers, that map is incorrect

It's a fucking 9fag map. They mixed up native speakers and 2nd language speakers.
>English in Italy

The fuck is Mirandese

What a fuck is Tatar? I think more people here can speak English than Tatar lol.

t. extremely educated ruskefag )))

>go to Border shoppen to buy some beer
>find my Carlsberg and head to the counter
>"Hello"
Guten tag!
>"Do you speak English?"
Deutsch oder Turkish

lol

In Germany it's Polish.

>turkish

They live in Caucasus nearly exclusively.

The Mirandese variant of the Astur-Leonese.

I refuse to believe there is a Russian who doesn't know what a Tatar is. I get an American not knowing and thinking it is a type of food, but not a Russian.

>take a ferry to Tallin
>the staff of any booze store is fluent in Finnish
rofl

>Germany: turkish
>France: not arabic

Explain

They live in the ural m8

nope
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatarstan
мoжeт кapтa пpo oфициaльный язык, нaпpимep кoтopый yкaзывaют пpи пepeпиcи нaceлeния

yeah sorry lads i think i mixed up with chechens.

youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8
congratulations

>Dat Anglo Domination

>Turkish for Germany
>English for France
Calling bullshit on this map

What does "most popular" even mean?

Damn sure that it is French (an Spanish) by learners since you have to choose a second language in higher education and the normal choice is French with Spanish becoming bigger the last 10 years. When I went to school there was not even an option to take Turkish. For speakers (on some level) it will be the same since there are more people with an A-level education than T*rks.

its bullshit but who cares

Wikipedia says English is the most popular "Main Foreign Language" for France (34%).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_France

>Hungary
>English
>Not German

Wrong

i hate it when kurds make us look bad
you guys still think we blame everything on kurds

>Moldova and the regions stolen by ukraine
>not rightful Romanian clay
baka

U wot. Maybe in the westernmost parts, but overall more people speak English.

>i hate it when kurds make us look bad
>why do you guys think we blame everything on the kurds
You're the same fucking thing, jesus christ just shut up already

>You are the same fucking thing
>tell kurds are not a part of turkey
yeah whatever you say, you sound hypocrite

mv -i image.jpg "$( date +%s ).jpg"

>English
>Look at U.K
>Not French
fugg.

>SECOND MOST POPULAR FOREIGN LANGUAGE

well, I'm glad it's at least not french here... filthy turks, tough

>sweden
>english
first foreign language arabic then I guess

also
>le 9gag ebin xDxDxD

It's second most popular language

I lived in Finland all of last year, and you're quite downplaying how common Swedish is. I was actually quite surprised by how it is treated there - better than we treat French in our English provinces and French is 20% of our population overall.

That 5% number is for people who speak Swedish as a first language at home - but you're quite downplaying the amount of Finns who speak Swedish well, and who really did stick with it through school. I met a good handful of Finns who spoke Swedish who were not Finlandsvenska. It is not a useless language. No language is useless. You sound like me when I took French in school, and then I gave it up, thinking it was useless. The opportunity to learn another language is a very good skill.

Pic is one taken where my relatives live, in Ostrobothnia - or as you'd call Pohjanmaa I believe.

>You sound like me when I took French in school, and then I gave it up, thinking it was useless

darkness_my_old_friend.webm

>tfw I had the opportunity to learn another language for free and gave it up

Get rekt by facts, germany is a lost cause

>Poland
>English

>England
>Polish
seems fair desu

We've generally negative views about swedish as it marks the time we were a colony. We're younger nation than canada and pretty patriotic.

And the fact that we're forced to learn a country's language whose people still act arrogant and look down to us even after the events of WW2. It isn't about the language but the people who speak it

>tfw people surrender to the French language

>we were a colony
No you fucking weren't. Finland has never been a colony, it was a fully incorporated part of Sweden for 600 years. The notion of a nation state or a national identity came long after that.

Most Finns don't live in Pohjanmaa.

ah, Sweden and it's enriched views on colonialism. But enjoy your niggers, your second most popular language is now Arabic, karma is a bitch

Next you're going to say that we're brother nations

Finns and swedes were always differentiated in contemporary letters and official accounts though, mostly to make it clear to the reader how uncivilised and barbaric the so called "eastlanders" were. You're fooling yourself if you think they thought of them as swedes or the people living here thought of themselves as swedes.

Are you even trying lad? Need to add in the Portugal meme and make them Arabic or something

You're forgetting I lived in Finland. I've heard this all before.

Jaha, min vän.

your second most popular language is now Arabic

Our second most popular language is English. Yours, however, seems to be depression, followed by alcoholism and a stagnating economy

>Finland
>Belarus
>UK
>Germany
>Austria

>meanwhile in the best areas live Greeks

It's still Finnish you fucking retard.

Kill yourself.

As I said, the nation state and national identity came long after that. People primarily identified with their village, family or province. There's was a lot of people living in Sweden proper that similarly didn't think much of the fact that they were Swedish. It's completely backwards to apply our modern day notion of the nation state to the past and you'll never get a clear picture if you do.

maybe genetically, yes but most of the pro-atatürk nationalists live in the coastline cities of turkey

Nor did I. I lived in Helsinki.

If Australia was in that image it would be Chinese :)

>Kill yourself.
You first.

No, but seriously, why some swedes seem to think that there were and are any brotherly about our relations? We were your eastland peasants, nothing more

>eastland peasants

Confirmed by statistics

>eastern peasants, nothing more
Finns are so annoyingly pessimistic and love to refuse to listen. I love Finns because you guys are really great when you're not like this, but I do dislike this about you strongly.

that or Italian. Nice proxy though

>You're forgetting I lived in Finland.
Still you don't seem to get it

Probably because you don't have bond to this swampcunt besides you distant relatives

Not proxy

We're not talking about nation states though, we're talking population groups that can be differentiated based on outer appearance, language or customs and by which people have been categorized for as long as people have had the mentally capacity to differentiate rocks from water.

The nobility oppressed everyone, not just Finns. Sweden at the time wasn't a very nice place for any low born, it was poor and miserable.

The king and high lords didn't give two shits about peasants whether they were Swedes or Finns. I don't know why Finns have such a victim mentality and this idea that they're such a special little snowflake that only they were oppressed and treated unfairly.

Aha. there it is. Took actually pretty long to get that swedish arrogance to show up

Are you investing in property here? Should I learn Mandarin if I want to be more employable in the future?

It's not that simple and you're still looking at it through your nation state tinted glasses. Denmark, Sweden and Norway pretty much share the same language, very similar cultures and look the same. Yet we've never been able to get along. There's more to it than just being similar.

I'm not in Australia. I have visited a few times but I try to use English as much as possible. A English friend of mine said it is polite to try and speak the language of the country you are visiting.

Yes. There are many foreign students who come to China to study Chinese

>a victim mentality
Wouldn't call it that. More like that we want to identify us as an own nation thus the negative attitude towards swedish language

And that brotherly nations -thing is bullshit as you clearly recognized as uncivilized eastlanders, not swedish even though we were part your country hundreds of years

IT'S CALLED IRISH, NOT GAELIC, RÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ

That's not true, Russian learning Pole here and both seem about as much similar to Polish as to Russian. With some Russian I can understand like 90% of both of them, at least written.

That's all very nice but it still doesn't change the fact that finnic people were identified as a separate group from swedes within the kingdom. Admittedly in foreign countries they didn't make any kind of distinction and referred to finns as swedes, like in the case of daniel cajanus.

>More like that we want to identify us as an own nation thus the negative attitude towards swedish language
I get that, but if you have that sort of attitude towards history then you are bound to misinterpret it. There was no Finnish national identity until around the mid 1800s. You can't look at history and pretend that there was. I'm not saying that they identified as Swedes, they probably didn't. But they sure as fuck didn't identify with modern Finland either.

>you clearly recognized as uncivilized eastlanders
This special snowflake shit again? You don't think that the people in Stockholm thought very highly of people living in far away provinces? You think Scanians were highly regarded? Or the Northerners?

This is virtually always the case in large countries at the time. Far away provinces are less valued than the core of the nation (which happened to be the area immediately surrounding Stockholm and Åbo (Turku) at the time).

And so were many other groups in Sweden. What's your point? We still don't see people from Scania being properly Swedish and they don't see themselves that way either. But they're still Swedish at the end of the day, even though they're a bit bullied for being half-danish.