/learning languages/

All my mates said that English is hard edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXoxHStbAFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still trying to learn American English.

English by virtue of our online immersion is fucking easy

It would be a crime not to acquire a second Germanic/Latin language, how about French?

Why are all romance and germanic languages so fucking gay?
All these fucking tenses, articles, gender specific forms, accents, homographs.
Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

European language are all shit

English is a Germanic language dude.

日本語はダメだ

And it's certainly no better than any of the others.
>Too many homographs/homophones
>No sentence structure
>Too many synonyms
>Rules that are broken more than followed
>Words are almost never pronounced the way that they're spelled.
I could go on for days fampai.

It's easy.
Just listen to any modern song in the english language.
There isn't any "WAUULK RUIIIIIIGHT UP ON THE DANCE FLOR DIGGERY DU MATE".
Everything besides local drunken pub songs is sung in American.

Bump

>literally autism the language

what languages do you speak?

here some my vietnamese skills.

dau mamai

mama condei

van kat to

con chi

Top kek. Not a single correct spelled word.

You annihilated the entire US ground, naval, and air forces with nothing but little girls. Surely you can master their language too.

Learning Italian at the moment. I chose Italian because I wanted it to be a Romance language, it looks pretty and the pronunciation and spelling is not difficult

youtube.com/watch?v=AXoxHStbAFE

Most Vietnamese people are very very bad at English. That's the reason they haven't discover Sup Forums yet.

I'd learn Italian too if it was useful, sadly Italians were shit at colonization

*discovered. I fucked up

Well that video makes Italian look like a big joke, top kek
True, it was either that or the more relevant French but I wanted to do something a bit different but still not too difficult.

There are always Slavic languages...

some of the Slavic languages have no vowel, i can't pronounce them.

Russian is the only Slavic language even remotely worth learning though

This meme needs to die. Schwa may be a half-vowel, but it's still a form of vowel.

What are the best sites for learning chinese?

I disagree desu. I took JLPT2 about a year ago and my company wants me to be in Japan 6 months per year now.
Couldn't be happier

I hope for you it's not the summer months, unless you're in Hokkaidou

Even though it's kind of a meme, I would say Interslavic is more useful since it allows one to understand all Slavic languages better and also allows all Slavic speakers to understand the Interslavic speaker better.

Winter, Tokyo (for now. They want to expand to other cities as well)

At least their writing system isn't a mess, I mean come on Japan three types of writing systems, you could do better than that?

I don't speak Chinese, but I couldn't imagine Japanese without Hiragana and Katakana. Friends from my uni who learned Chinese back in the day that Chinese did fucking EVERYTHING by just saying "Oh, you know what I mean by this sentence. CONTEXT!".
Japanese is basically the non-degenerate version of the Hanzi system as far as I can tell.

tbqh in both languages the context is only left out when you're supposed to know it.

It's easier to speak it, the phonics for Chinese makes it more difficult imo.

Do you speak Chinese and can confirm?
I never felt lost in Japanese, while my friends who learned Chinese were frustrated quite often.

Agreed.

Yeah Metin2 really is a horrible game.

My Chinese doesn't come close to my Japanese, but from what I know my guess is their learning methods were worse for Chinese.
古文 is on a whole different level though, and its role in modern vernacular Chinese is greater than the role of old Japanese in modern Japanese I suppose

>No sentence structure
do you know what sentence structure is?

Why do so many people know Japanese here, what the fuck

I don't even know why I'm here. I don't normally go on Sup Forums, but found this thread by accident.

Maybe all people that learned Japanese and are here are as confused and lost as I am.

Then again. Aren't we all lost on the journey we call life?

I come from Sup Forums to practice japanese. I stay for the shitposting board culture.

>Sup Forums
See, he's confused as well.

>why are so many people weeaboos here what the fuck

It's a nice language

You're literally in the English version of a Japanese imageboard that was created in part to talk about Japanese culture and that is currently owned by a Japanese who is the founder of a Japanese imageboard. Maybe I'm wrong in some points, but maybe there's a link somewhere.

Doubt that Hiroshima Nagasaki has something to do with Japan, Pierre.