Why do people from other parts of Germany hate southern Germany?

Why do people from other parts of Germany hate southern Germany?

>clean and industrious
>birthplace of the German auto industry
>less overbearing antifa & self hate
>beautiful snow capped mountains and warm sunny summers
>friendly conservative population
>preserves regional culture while still being polite to outsiders

contrast that with Northern Germany

>littered with East German crumbling infrastructure
>decaying industrial base
>both invasive far left self hating government and violent right wing fringe nutjobs
>grey dreary environment consisting of flat plains
>cold, arrogant, passive-aggressive population
>globalized to the point that they're ashamed to call themselves German but are still rude to outsiders

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uF6u0S61soI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like how amerishits learn everything about the world via 4chin.

Success breeds jelly.
Also everyone outside of Bavaria is a fucking cunt who talks like he has stick up his arse.
Gott strafe Preußen.

Remember when Germany was still good?

>Bavaria is a fucking cunt who talks like he has stick up his arse.
youtu.be/uF6u0S61soI

Man, if I'd been East German, the existence of West Berlin would have driven my autism up the wall.

No wonder Khrushchev kept throwing fits over it.

Autism.

I do, it just seems so far away.

>Why do people from other parts of Germany hate southern Germany?
Why does southern germany hate other parts of germany? Why does the west hate eastern germany? Could ask the same question.

Reason is because Allieds completely destroyed this country and it doesn't have any sense for nationality anymore.

Prussia? What's that?

Please come back

I've heard that Northern Deutsch Sprach ist more similar with Dutch and less with Souhern German

isu itu really desu?

Please come back

For me, southern German is easier to understand, but I have no trouble with Northern German.

>barbarian scum hate the only part that was civilized by the Romans

Not surprising desu

They are known for being arrogant and butthurt.

WE

Yes I do.

East Germany
>human garbage, Untermenschen^2
>poor as fuck
>worlds ugliest dialects, even worse than dutch
>Berlin infested with immigrants
>has lots of neonazis
>unemployment

North Germany
>literally who
>mostly friendly, though
>german sea/beach sucks ass

West Germany
>industry and infrastructure (Autobahn, Railway, etc)
>still has lots of nature (Eifel / Rhine / Moselle)
>rich and friendly
>lots of immigrants and ppl receiving welfare in cities, though
>cringy culture (Cologne carnival)

South Germany
>industry
>lots of nature
>rich(er) and arrogant
>terribly digusting dialects (is it even german?)
>most refuse or are unable to speak proper german
>cringy culture (everything bavarian)

I may have forgotten a couple of things, but this description is somewhat accurate and unbiased

I rather this version

>cringy culture (everything bavarian)
NO

>manneken pis

Im from northrhine west-pfahlia
Its literally envy and poorly disguised libcuckery hate of them having strong traditions and pride.

All that butthurt at eastern germany.

Thats good.

Makes you faggots and your sandniggers stay in the west.

Kc tier thread

Southern germany isnt really hated.

Its just that bavaria (which isnt all of southern germany) has a very special snowflake culture.

That would be no problem but combined with the fact that they are the biggest winners of ww2 and just before it it was a agricultural nothingness (except munich and nuremburg).

The destruction of the rest of germany and the sudden rise of them (at the cost of all others) and their CONSTANTLY bitching that they are the best and all others are worthless makes them giant cunts.

Dresden looks actually really nice and Berlin gets a lot of beautiful buildings either.

Berlin is not really eastern germany (geographicly it obviously is). Its something very "special".

Is it true that it was Germany's fate was to be destroyed after accepting Prussia in the Deutsche Bund?

It's because we're prouder and a bit less autistic than the average German, hence we tend to be more friendly and open towards strangers. It's basically Germany's take on Southern Hospitality if you will. Since we lean towards being more outgoing, we're probably a foreigner's first association with Germany as a whole. Lederhosen, Oktoberfest, the drinking culture around beer, all that is first and foremost a Bavarian thing.

Our compatriots either belittle or adore us, must have to do with our noticeable accent. I can speak a neutral Version of English which completely obfuscates my nationality, but I cannot for the life of me converse in neutral German
>cringy culture

Fuck off

The wrong side has won this war.

Yeah, Prussians are militaristic monkeys who can't look past their own jingoism. Germany would've been more rural under Austrian rule but at least we wouldn't have chimped out semi-regularly

The south is fine. What I do not like is the East. I'm not a German tho

I'm Bavarian and you have to cut the East some slack. Sure there are retards on both ends of the political spectrum but there's also a plethora of cozy small towns as well as booming and fun bigger cities, such as Dresden or Leipzig.

>tfw most foreigners associate Germany with Bavaria, positive associations at tgat
>tfw most foreigners say they liked Bavaria best out of all German regions they visited
>tfw living there is not that great and Bavarians are alientated more than the population of any other Bundesland

How in the fuck is it not our version of Hollywood

Wont change the fact that SA and MeckPomm are dead. Brandenburg is lucky to be the Speckgürtel around Berlin. Thuringia lacks bigger cities.

Only one state thats worth something.

>we bombed dresden in 1945

Why???? The war was over. It looked like such a beautiful city.

19th century German Architecture is pretty incredible.

The east suffers from braindrain, because all the richer educated ones went away after the wall fell.
Now only the "base" of society is left, pissed 24/7 and overaged while having to deal with the smug Berlin in their midst.

If they dont start breeding again, the whole region will become a barren wasteland to be repopulated by outsiders when the boomers die which would be kinda sad.

I guess you just can't help those Anglo genes.

Memes aside, there's plenty of well-preserved cities to choose from if you want to delve into the architecture of the Gründerzeit (late 19th century, after the unification under Kaiser Wilhelm I., hence it translates to founders' time).

Look into Bamberg or Nürnberg, Potsdam is a must too

The East gets a fuckton of students m8, also due to cheap rent lots of "young professionals" are opting to live in Dresden etc

The situation in rural communities is dire though, I'll concede that much

>Why????

Because you destroyed EVERY major german city. (that was in range)

This whole muh Dresden all the time makes one think its the only destroyed city.

>Now only the "base" of society is left, pissed 24/7 and overaged while having to deal with the smug Berlin in their midst.

Kek, butthurt Germans forget that they started the war BY BOMBING A FUCKING CITY.

>Der Luftangriff auf Wieluń [ˈvʲɛluɲ] wurde am frühen Morgen des 1. September 1939 in drei Wellen zu jeweils 29 Stukas vom Stuka-Geschwader 76 und Stuka-Geschwader 2 Immelmann der deutschen Luftwaffe durchgeführt, wobei die militärisch unbedeutende polnische Kleinstadt Wieluń größtenteils zerstört wurde und schätzungsweise bis zu 1.200 Menschen getötet wurden. Der Angriff wird von Historikern als erstes Kriegsverbrechen im Polenfeldzug angesehen und ist nach Zeugenaussagen zeitlich vor dem Beschuss der Westerplatte erfolgt und damit die erste militärische Aktion im Zweiten Weltkrieg.

You deserved more, but anglo pussies didn't want to destroy you more.

They already destroyed all cities.

German cities looked very differnt before the war. pic related.

The only one butthurt is you. We were just stating facts.

>cold, arrogant, passive-aggressive population
Because of this. It's the German nature. Anyone who isn't cold and arrogant isn't German.

>If they dont start breeding again

They do. Saxony has the highest birth rates of all states as far as I know. Especially Dresden always has very high rates in comparison.

BEAST GERMANY

>Reason is because Allieds completely destroyed this country and it doesn't have any sense for nationality anymore.

That's what you get when you decide to literally go full nazi. You guys only have yourselves (and Austria) to blame.

there is still a bit of hope.
(from this)

Where in the fuck did I absolve us of all responsibility?

Also, bring your family home to Polska. Your fucking ugly ass flags are everywhere right now. Even the Turkish one is more aesthetically pleasing than DUDE TWO BARS LMAO

To this

>Northern Autist can't handle Bavarian heartliness

No surprises here

Ever since Bavaria refused to support the Nazis, the rest of Germany has held a grudge

BEAST GERMANY

Sure, as I said it may get repopulated by outsiders.
Then you'll have to wave the rest of actual local culture there goodbye. As german national identity has been deconstructed the only thing thats left are the more or less strong regional identities and lifestyles.

After WW2 Cologne was bombed so hard they thought about just building a substitute city elsewhere for a while, the surviving population was mixed with refugees from other parts of german cities.
The identitiy of cologne remained intact, but that was the point were the cities own language got reduced from common tongue to a ceremonial language for songs and festivities only.
Another blow will be when the 50% of our nongerman youth here replaces the older generation, at least half of them should be properly integrated tho-the other half never participated in local rites or grew up primarily among natives.

Judging from that pic here:
Bavaria was hit the least hardest, which would explain why it has still such a strong identity.

I dont know at which point cultural preservation efforts still make sense and when they are stiffling or LARPy.
Would you support teaching local dialects in Kindergarden?
Support local partiotism by having americ/china-tier flag pledging for the Bundesland in school+pride hyping?

We've always had regionalism you idiot

HEIMATKUNDEUNTERRICHT

This is reality. Only a very small part in the center was rebuild. The rest around it is commieblockparadise.

>Bavaria was hit the least hardest, which would explain why it has still such a strong identity.

De fuck?
Nürnberg was the second most destroyed city after Dresden. They even bomed useless small cities like Würzburg pretty bad.

Did you expect that they'd restore square kilometers of outdated undersized Fachwerk?

>Bavaria didn't support Nazis

You wot
Hitler had his breakthrough in München. He was a nobody in Germany prior to his Feldherrnhalle shenanigans

man i forget how many trees you have

I remember flying over and trees as far as the eye can see

jealous desu

I can never forgive those who destroyed towns like these...

it has looked like this

You don't have Parks and such in UK cities?

Bit jealous of your capital desu it looks amazing, seems very well-preserved too. I picture it like a one way trip to Victorian England by time machine

Ok, im not that knoweldegable.
I just tried to find a reason and thought of anons Pic indicating a much less infernalic revenge strike as in the west or elsewhere.

Would unironically support.
Maybe even some hitleryouthesque organisation tied to preschool hammering regionalpatriotism into the heads of little turks and germans who get put in mixed groups together.
Assimilation via the crowbar method, im sick of how we let decay any sense of identity as you cant even trust the average german parent anymore to do the job, if I wouldnt have had a rather conservative mother my liberal boomerdaddy would have never immersed me into the fairly cozy local culture by taking me to festivities/church and other such events while telling me storys important to the region and family line.

Storytelling is one of the most important things to shape a kid and connect it its surrounding area imho.

pic

>Did you expect that they'd restore square kilometers of outdated undersized Fachwerk?
No. Im just stating facts.

It also wasnt Fachwerk. The inner city was baroque not medieval.

indeed. Dresden used to be the Baroque capital of Germany

You mean you didn't have Heimatkunde in elementary school? We learnt about local folklore, local songs, local fests, local nature and so on. Saxony master race.

>You don't have Parks and such in UK cities?
I think he is meaning trees as in forests. UK is very barren.

You didnt have Heimatkunde?

We had it but we are also the 4th Reich to some. (saxony)

I don't really like London. Some of the buildings are very nice but then we have ugly (in my opinion) skyscrapers like the Shard and the Gherkin.

I think we tend to have lots of fields, and just a few forests, whereas Germany seems to have really dense forest almost everywhere.

Never.
We had some old woman telling us about local stuff instead of catholic theology as she should have done, but that was more of a teacher going rogue instead of actual school lessons.

Besides that, there was Sachkunde later on, but that was primarily about babbys first economic simulation, tolerance/queers/islam, and speaking about the news.

lol you can find a lot of places on here that got famous for burning refugee homes.

Refugees.

What about Rotterdam ?

One can be sad about all the senseless destruction. After all no one of us was part of that war.

Was in London on a classtrip last year.
While some places where really beautiful with their vast intact native architecure, you really have raped the overall look with these glassified abominations along the betontowers who seem to only exist as a cheap way to make cash with saudi and chinese imobilla investors.

I wonder if trying to fuse modern skyscraperbuilding with local architectural styles (a bit like the american art-decor and their early western-ish skyscrapers maybe) would look like disneyland kitsch or be a more harmonic solution.

Who cares, what matters is that they are famous for burning homes. Idk who would think that to be something to be proud of

Not sure where to ask this...

I'm about to head to an area near Nuremburg.

I'll be there for about 2 1/2 weeks just to visit and hopefully enjoy some local food, beer, and scenery.

Can some German anons recommend things to do, see, and consume?

Also, what are some things that could get me arrested easily that I might take for granted in the US? For example, the occasional loli is fine, and I'm entertained sometimes by far-right fascist anons, but I'm worried that merely reading the content could put me on a list there.

Daily reminder that east Germany is best Germany

Just dont try to be an edgy nazi in the public. Hide your powerlevel.

I think new york looked decent enough, if you must build skyscrapers. The building on the left looks sort of classical but is still very tall.

Different user, user here but I'm going to be in Germany on the 4th of July, how much of an ass of myself can I make before I get arrested?

Well, heavenlytrips man.
>I'm entertained sometimes by far-right fascist anons
If you meet nazifriends there they should know best how to dance on the edge concerning arrest warrants.
Besides that, not bringing any literature from the 30s-40s should be understandable and if you make a hitlersalute anywhere-be in in or outdoor- or wear a swastika/blacksun/whatever you gonna get into trouble like the blunt retard you need to be in order to pull it off in the first place.

Going on rightwing websites wont give you trouble as long as you dont show it off in front of a ww2 memorial in public or some provocation like that or post "Gas the kikes race war now" under your clearname on facebook.

Basic stuff really.

>his state has more than 1% Muselmans

I tried to steal traffic signs and run from the cops when drunk once, and I wasn't even taken into custody, they only handcuffed me to take my data and send me a fine later on in the mail. At that point I was convinced that you'd have to have organized criminal intentions to even go to jail.

Also the fine wasn't even a fine, but merely a 100€ mandatory donation to the state fund to upkeep public spaces.

>Going on rightwing websites wont give you trouble as long as you dont show it off in front of a ww2 memorial in public or some provocation like that or post "Gas the kikes race war now" under your clearname on facebook.
Good to know.

I wasn't sure if access to hate-speech and whatnot was actively monitored.

What's your favorite street food? Are there great national beers or should I see what the best local stuff is?

Can't go wrong with tap beer no matter where you are.

beers are so numerous, just ask whats the local one and also drink a trübes Weizen.
Astra is one of my favs.

Street food is often turkic or asiatic.
The turks have some really good restaurants tho, love their entrailsoup+döner.
The height of local streetfood is the curry-sausage which is basically the cheapest pork drowned in curryketchup.

If you wanna eat actual local food, go to a restaurant, what you find there varies wildly from region to region and is always very hearty.

>area near Nuremburg.
>and consume

Well, obviously Schäufele. Pic very much related.
Beer in Nürnberg is just meh-tier. Try to find smaller breweries. Might have luck if you are not directly in Nürnberg.
Also go to the Zeppelinfeld. It is in Nürnberg, gut nice parks and a few lakes (one deadly) and you can stand right where Hitler stood on these pics of the big party meetings and watch Asian tourists do Hitler salutes.

Sounds about right, pretty consistent with other places I've been.

>Schäufele
That looks heavenly.

What do you mean by a deadly lake?

>That looks heavenly.
It is.

>What do you mean by a deadly lake?
There are some lakes in that area. They were build by the Nazis or are fundaments for big ass buildings from them that after the war became lakes because of rain etc. One of them is right next to a hill made from wreckage(?) of Nürnberg, war material etc. right after the war. Seems there was a lot of poisonous stuff there and the lake is deadly today. It killed like 50 people so far because they ignored the signs and jumped in there.

>arrogant
why are they arrogant?

I'm from Rotterdam myself and I think it's a huge loss. It's a shame that this happened and it's a shame that our government didn't surrender a bit earlier. We surrendered already when the bombing had to take place. There must have been a miscommunication between the Dutch-German lines and the Luftwaffe. Someday I hope that some parts of the city are going to be rebuild. The destruction of this town was just as useless as the bombing of Dresden, Cologne, Berlin and Nürnberg. My grandfather's house was destroyed after the bombing and there was no way to rescue it or his possesions. It's a shame, because it was a beautiful canal house. I don't think this make the relationship between the Germans and me worse. I think I know the same feeling as the Germans whose town is destroyed. Perhaps this is the reason why I want to keep the ties between our people so strong, because we have experienced the same thing. I hope the Germans and the Dutch can take each other hands someday and help each other to reconstruct those beautiful towns. I love the work that the Germans have done already

>I hope the Germans and the Dutch can take each other hands someday

Well, most people I know would call the Dutch our biggest friends, even before Austria. (as long as we don't play football our meet on the Autobahn, of course)

>I love the work that the Germans have done already

It is really slow today, tho. Berlin is building that old city palace again, but away from that...
I live in Nürnberg and the biggest project right now is the recunstruction of an beautiful old atrium (pic related) which is nice but not much compared to the size and the possibilities of the city.

>Well, most people I know would call the Dutch our biggest friends, even before Austria.
north german detected

Northern Bavarian, ugezs.