Are Southern Europeans "greasier" (as in having oilier skin) than the rest of Europeans...

Are Southern Europeans "greasier" (as in having oilier skin) than the rest of Europeans? I never particularly noticed it. Or does this slur originates from something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greaser_(subculture)
eupedia.com/italy/highlights_italy.shtml
eupedia.com/italy/sicily.shtml
eupedia.com/europe/eupedia_rating_system.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I suspect this comes from three places:

Southern Europe is hotter, so people will sweat more and it will shimmer on their skin making them appear greasier
Southern Europeans tend to have wavy/curlier hair that naturally catches grease better making their hair greasier
When Italians came to America they tended to work as plumbers, mechanics, greasy sorts of jobs and tended to be associated with grease as a result

Could also come from the fact that southern Italians are obsessed with hair gel and never go out of home without it.

*Italian Americans

There was an entire subculture based on this shit back then and Italians were a big part of it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greaser_(subculture)

>The name "greaser" came from their greased-back hairstyle, which involved combing back hair using hair wax, hair gel, creams, tonics or pomade.

>Greasers are usually portrayed as urban, street-wise working class "ethnics," most often Italian American or Hispanic American

Don't lie, Salvatore. You love your hair gel too. I went to Naples once and saw fuckers who styled their hair with gel everywhere. Younger people had either a mohawk or messy/spiky look and older people slicked it back or parted it to the side. In northern Italy the fashion is shoulder length hair with no products applied to it for the most part. Just look at the Italian football team: all the ones who use hair gel tend be from the south and the ones with long hair are mostly from the north/center.

Forgot to quote:

It's probably just Naples, Southern Italy is not all the same

>In northern Italy the fashion is shoulder length hair with no products applied
>shoulder length
So they're all fedora tipping bronies?
South confirmed for men.

It's much easier to pull it off when you dress well and don't look as ugly as the average Brit. Northern Italians tend to be fashionable and good looking.

Wow, that man is literally me except i have black hair combed in a 50's greaser style.

>tfw receding
>tfw going bald prematurely

truly the worst nightmare of a southern european man. Balding is for nordics not for mediterraneans

>literally pic related
Italians being good dressers is a meme.

Look how suave he is.

Why not just visit northern Italy and see for yourself then?

He looks waaay better with long hair.

I've been to the North and it's hilariously just as bad as the South.
>Puffer jackets
>Distressed light denim jeans
>Essentially the same retard haircuts
Always the same in cities. Sure, there's well dressed people, but they're without a doubt in the minority.

No you didn't. You just listed some random pieces of clothing that are universal everywhere.

>puffer jackets anywhere not called Italy
Unless you count other Southern Euros stealing the idea from you.

>the same "brit" saying the same shit in every fucking thread

Puffer jackets are a common winter clothing in every country. And there's nothing really wrong with them.

>Le Padania is superiore
Bossi pls
Milan and Turin are utterly shit, ugly and boring as fuck, the southern you get, the more beautiful it gets, the actual centers of western civilization are all central or southern
>Florence, Rome, Naples

when will Padania meme die?

Turin's the best city in Italy and i'm not even from the north.

I understand calling Milan ugly because of all the modernist architecture suffocating everything, but Turin looks beautiful. Fuck you, slav nigger.

Turin is literally Calabria in the North.

Your mouth is literally my toilet in Britain.

t. Nigel Esposito

why? its rainy and boring
its not as ugly as milan i will grant you that, but both cities are 60% italian-style commieblocks
>so is florence, rome, naples
yeah but they also have masterpieces of western civilization

Naples is an ugly shithole full of graffiti and crumbling buildings everywhere.

Grease and Greece are homophones in a large amount of English dialects.

>Southern Europeans tend to have wavy/curlier hair
No we don't. Not in Spain at least.

eupedia.com/italy/highlights_italy.shtml

Number of "best of Europe" regions in the north: 1
Number of "best of Europe" regions in the south: 0

gg terroni you lose.

Catania is rated only 3 stars there: eupedia.com/italy/sicily.shtml

Methodology they use for the ratings: eupedia.com/europe/eupedia_rating_system.shtml

Venice, Florence and Rome are the highest rated Italian cities.

3 stars out of 4, also Palermo and Taormina have 4 there. The methodology used in is based on the actual opinions of the people who went there.

They south has a lot of cool cities, I'm not denying that, but they don't have any "best in Europe" ones. Also, we have FUCKING THREE while France and England both have just one and the rest of Europe doesn't have any. Are they even trying?