Why it happens

Not sure if the picture is correct, but anyway.
People used to blame plenty of guns and easy ways to get them in USA. I have another point of view. Kinda 'out of the box'.
I'll explain it on example of comparison of Americans with my nation.

Americans are sure that they shape and control their life. You know all these phrases like 'You can do it', 'We believe in you' and so on. No need to elaborate, I guess.

While Russian believe in destiny. 'You can't fight destiny', 'An obedient is led by fate, a non-obedient is dragged'. Tons of this stuff in folklore and prejudices.

At this point you may wonder how it's related to the subject. Here we go.
Everyone has a moment in his life when thing go south. No matter how you hard try you can't jump over your head (See, Russian mentality speaks). And how does a Russian react to such circumstances? He says 'Fuck it' and starts drinking or falls into depression or both. He blames neither HIMSELF nor PEOPLE AROUND, he realizes: it's inevitable fate. He accepts circumstances and let it pass (or hangs himself).

But an American can't just yield to fate (remember, destiny doesn't work on US territory). He keeps pushing and it often works. But sometimes, when a Russian would hang himself or drink to death, an American grabs a gun starts shooting at innocent irrelevant people. JUST BECAUSE HE CAN'T ACCEPT NEW CONDITIONS AND ADMIT HIMSELF A LOSER.

That's it.
P.S.: I don't judge which point of view on life is better, but apparently both have circumstances.

Other urls found in this thread:

fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how do you have 0.4 gun murders

I don't think your picture is accurate, but who cares.
Your theory has some merit.

Good point

America at it again.

Where's Brazil?

Trackpants are bullet-proof

meybe you just die a little like 0.4 %

>Gun murders per 100,000 residents
>murder
>0.4 murders
>0.4
>murders
>0
>.4
>murders

>gun murders
>what are niggers

So...my question is .... what makes the difference between Americans and Russians?
Why do Russians accept their fails as fate, but Americans can't accept it?
I think it doesn't come from one's surroundings/environment, because Canada is pretty alike with America, but Canadians don't commit mass shootings, like Americans do.

By having a population of 6 million and 24 gun murders.
Or by being murdered with 4/10th of a gun.
Whichever seems more logical to you.

>0.04

You could have 1000,000 residents and 4 murders for example. You're a retard.

>murders
Some gun-related deaths are justified or accidental, i.e. NOT MURDERS

Yes, Russia is shit and America is OK

i like your analysis a lot but it probably has nothing to do with reality

>Why do Russians accept their fails as fate, but Americans can't accept it?
You don't put a man on the moon by accepting failure as fate.

>what makes the difference between Americans and Russians?
History and customs.

It's an average, you retard.

Deep in my heart I might be russian
>inb4 le sowjet rape maymay

You're autistic.

no, it's murders per 100,000 residents

for every 100,000 people in America, 36 are killed by guns. In Canada, per 100,000 people 0.5 people are killed by guns. That doesn't make sense

AM

You're brain dead.

I guess Russia has an authoritarian history of encouraging obedience whereas Americans feel the pressure of freedums and achieving the fabled American dream.
I've no idea about the Canada counterexample though. Maybe they're more relaxed with societal pressure?

Just stop.

Why do you pretend you're that dumb, user? Do you hope to get into a "stupid Murilards" screencap?

>an American grabs a gun starts shooting at innocent irrelevant people.
>shooting at innocent people
>innocent people
>innocent

holy kekus

*3.6, friendo

fix

>but apparently both have circumstances.
Consequences.

Guns are hard to get in Russia. Even for hunting.

Poland, please.

It's how statistics work. Just accept, lol.

They are innocent in relation to the shooter.

Post your passport with a timestamp, I want to see that you aren't a proxy.

You're on to him.

But per 1000 residents america has .36 murders

>HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE WTF IS GOING ON

Russia has 4 times the US homicide rate

>No spic/third world shitholes in the graph

I want to appear on the international boger face. ;D

▶they don't celebrate the eggsetta festival
▲Easter?

I doubt.
Anyway, we don't have massacres every month. Even Obama admitted this happens only in US.

>LE GUN MURDER MEME
We kill more people per capita with our bare hands than USA does overall.

Bravo

>be american
>get shot

Minnesota had 53 gun homicides in 2010, Norway had 3. Same population size, same demographics similar population density. Explain.

How is Chechnya tovarisch? Have you considered giving them independence and then building a wall around it until they kill each other?

Norway and Minnisota have similar murder rates when generalized.

>I doubt.
You do. The US has 3.6 to Russia's 12.5

>Anyway, we don't have massacres every month.
You literally have an active insurgency in Chechnya
>Even Obama admitted this happens only in US.

Obama also said that he never smoked marijuana, but we have proof that this is false.

It makes me wonder. If we suddenly had the level of guns in other nations be the same as America, would they fall apart? Personally I think so.

>Violentugal

Not really, we had 23 homicides in 2015, Minnesota had 82 in 2014 (latest numbers I can find), over 3.5 times as many.

fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-20

If they had as many guns as us more murders would be commit with guns and fewer with knives and hammers

When you're getting in crime rates that low, it's really just extraneous factors that contribute. You're still highly unlikely to be the victim of a crime.

It's because Norwegians are rich as fuck and there are better social safety nets for the poor there.

This too

This. Also to back up your point I don't see Switzerland on this graph. I couldn't find the gun murders for Switzerland for every 100,000 residence, but I compared the yearly average with Finland which had 3.25 while Switzerland had 3.08. So as you can imagine on this graph it would be roughly 0.3 and yet it doesn't have gun control.

Minnesota is one if the richest states in the US, their purchasing power is higher than ours.

True, but still noteworthy that they have 40-50 extra gun murders a year when the gun ownership rate is fairy high here.

Switzerland has 1.2 gun murders.

>derailing a thread with american stupidity meme to avoid realizing how deadly it is to live in the US
wew

Murders happen for personal reasons most of the time. 85% of murderers knew the victim. Often they're due to unstable relationships.
Nunavut is the deadliest province in North America so don't toot your horn leaf.

I'm not saying it isn't true but where did you find this?

You could have put it in simpler term by opposing fatalism (fate working against you) to manifest destiny (fate working for you/making your own fate).

>The US has 3.6 to Russia's 12.5
In 2009, which was seven years ago. In 2014 it was 8.7.

>You literally have an active insurgency in Chechnya
Yet Chechnya has the lowest homicide rate out of all federal subjects. Probably because all violent chechens are in Russian cities.

0.23 in 2013 according to:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Now compare to:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

>Finland which had 3.25 while Switzerland had 3.08
Those numbers include gun suicides, which make up the majority.

>Nunavut is the deadliest province in North America so don't toot your horn leaf.
wrong
natives killing each other and drinking themselves to death doesn't count if you don't recognize them as human

Americans are just not capable of handling themselves with anything that might resemble a weapon

>No, no Mr. Putin our murder rate is zero here in chechnya
>yes, yes, give more rubels, thanks, Allahu akbar!
t. Kadyrov

>natives killing each other and drinking themselves to death doesn't count
They're still Canadians

>having wrong opinions
pretty american t b h

>meme

Not quite as high as I thought it was, but still noticeably higher.
Yeah, I got them mixed up.

Is it really that deadly to live in the US?

>Live in Canada
>Born in Canada
>Not Canadian

>Atlantic Canada has an intentional homicide rate of 0.4/per 100k (2.4 million pop.)
>the rest of shitty Canada drags us down
ree

For 99% of the populace, no not really. It's an outlier in statistics because of gang crime primarily.

please stop

Doesn't South Africa lead the way in daily gun related homicide?

Technically Syria is at the top atm, but wars may or may not count.

kek'd at pic, is it Onion?

The rest of Canada is shit desu. Atlantic Canada masterrace.

>South Africa
but we can't include African nations in these facts, that would be raycist!

Because Americans are dumb, simple as that.

Just so you know, your overall murder rate per 100k is much much higher than ours. So your shit about how Russians are less likely to act on their circumstances in a violent way in is literally retarded. Your murder rate is literally 3 times ours.

>14 of our 23 murder victims and over half of the convicted killers in 2015 were of non-Norwegian origin
REEEEEEEEEE, FUCK OFF, WE WILL NEVER OVERTAKE THE JAPANESE WITH THESE SHITHEADS

>no, you

Excellent rebuttal

WHERE'S MY FUCKING COUNTRY YOU IDIOTS ?!?!?!?!

It is objectively more dangerous to live in Russia than the US.

Fuck that you think it's it's a positive thing to have a "just admit you're a loser fgt" attitude towards life?
Do you think the couple cases someone might only kill themselves instead of someone else as well outweigh the damage of such a toxic mindset when living your day to day life?

That makes as much sense as always keeping your expectations as low as possible because then the disappointment would be less. It's retarded.

we're close to 22 kills per 100,000 population

We included americlaps.

Impressive, US really need to step up their game.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!

noice

>Minnesota is one of the richest states
WEW are you guys seriously that poor

That's not too much tbqh

Kill yourself

>tfw I live in one of the richest Minneapolis suburbs, formerly ranked as the #2 place to live in the country

Well yes, the average Norwegian work 350 hours less per year on average compared to the average American, so naturally the wages are marginally lower. These numbers are adjusted for cost of living. Minnesotans had a median household income of $61,814 in 2014. Not adjusted for income equality however, wealth is much more evenly distributed here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income