Don't trust your friends and family goy, only base your knowledge on our approved sources!

Don't trust your friends and family goy, only base your knowledge on our approved sources!

Other urls found in this thread:

climatedepot.com/2017/05/23/120-years-of-climate-scares-70s-ice-age-scare/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a lot of boomer family members get their information from bullshit news sites on facebook

Uninstalled. I dont want sjwfox on my computer amymore

what else is there to even use these days?
botnet or sjw? what is the less of the two evils?

Google is SJW as well

In one way or another we're already part of the botnet so.....

I will fight for a quality FLOSS browser until I drown in cum, but at least Google is doing the SJW part well

>c-c-climate c-change is f-fake dd-drumpf said so look at this s-snowball!!!111

>uneducated opinions, of people whose research consists solely of suspect news sources, are equivalent to knowledge

whatever you say, op

>climate science is equivalent to social politics

are you just pretending to be retarded?

fuck off back to

>Knowledge
>Arbitrary macro observations of small temperature changes that have occured for thousands of years, often in 10 times the magnitude
>somehow caused by humans even though it existed before
>somehow the reason why SJWs don't want people to drive 5L cars anymore

> >Arbitrary macro observations of small temperature changes that have occured for thousands of years, often in 10 times the magnitude
No.

>i know better than the world's most intelligent people
>everything is a jewish plot
>my political stances are based completely off of how often i get to say the word "triggered"

fuck you

this is a Sup Forums-thread, ignore.

I can assure you, even if science isn't poltical, Mozilla's decision to make this snarky le drumpf shitpost an integral part of their browser alienates both centrists and right wing politicals.

>>Arbitrary macro observations of small temperature changes that have occured for thousands of years, often in 10 times the magnitude
>>somehow caused by humans even though it existed before

I'm sure this is nothing, we're just coming out of a mini ice age, right? :^)

cum hoc ergo propter hoc

Good goy, let China and India pollute as much as they want while America gets fucked over. After all (((they))) said the Paris agreement was totally fair!

yeah I agree science is hard, it's far easier to just dismiss thousands of independent researchers from countries around the world from the past two centuries with a logical fallacy I copied from wikipedia too

:^)

>random uncle
How random are uncles?

I use GNU Icecat, Iridium, Palemoon.
But whatever it is not like SJW agenda is affecting jor software, stop being autist.

this

Sup Forums - Gay Snowflakes

how do you even extrapolate temperatures from 1500 years ago when you can't tell the weather correctly for the day after tomorrow

>nah, I will not read anything on the matter, I prefer to stay ignorant otherwise SJW will win

>use firefox
>ignore tiny text
WAS THAT SO HARD?

It's not even telling you what to believe. It's telling you to read about it on your own so you don't fall for fake news or clickbait.

Future != Past

Where are you seeing this page? This is what I see when I start my browser / new tab.

how do they know the Meteor Crater in Arizona was from a meteorite if they can't even predict when the next big one will hit?

Pro tip, most governments are full of and hire dumb people, even Trump's.

>how do you even extrapolate temperatures from 1500 years ago

you don't, you record them through proxies that are sensitive to (localised) temperature changes like tree ring growth, ice ring cores, coral cores, historical data etc, then using a *lot* of data from a *lot* of sources you can start to piece together global or at least regional temperature offsets

to be clear it's never just one study finding these results and everybody else calling it a day

Oy vey! The dev team behind a browser I use believes that the people should actually read an international agreement instead of dismissing or accepting it!
Ugh. Sooo #triggered right now. (((Science))) is a Chinese plot to undermine White society! We can't have people making up their own minds about this!

results from about the 1800s onward will be far more accurate as they'll be using measured temperature rather than reconstructed data (which has applications in other fields like palaeontology and anthropology)

How do we stop Americans from destroying the planet bros?

set homepage to firefox home page rather than a blank page or tab view

What if you don't actually deny climate change at all, but feel that the economic impact of trying to fight it makes zero sense compared to just dealing with it?

Ok now assuming this .5 centigrade increase is significant enough to be an outlier in the grand scheme of things, how has it affected us in a way that can't be dealt with with AC?

>scientific graph
>AD
>not CE

because the consequences on future generations for doing nothing are severe even if you only buy into the tame predictions that climate scientists are making

it doesn't make economic sense to refuse to enter into the agreement if you think that the whole thing is a chinese plot to make western countries less productive, under the assumption that the chinks aren't going to adhere to the agreement, because the countries and continents like europe that also went into the agreement are going to place tarrifs on your exports - it only barely makes sense if you want to take an isolationist attitude

never mind that the countries worse off from pollution and climate change are countries like india and china which have far worse regulations to begin with, it's not like we're not going to notice that beijing's smog situation doesn't improve for example, if you're in the west you're basically going to be isolated from any pollution or contamination unless you happen to live downstream from industrial runoff

thousands of independent researchers hired and paid large amounts of money to push one particular point of view, yes

>because the consequences on future generations for doing nothing are severe
what if I don't care?

I'll be dead in 50,60 years. Why make my life NOW worse for the benefit of some entitled shitheads of the future?

dealing with it =/= ignoring it, I hope you realize
Also how does the USA having to pay $100b toward this scam and having to reduce their footprint which is already extremely small compared to some of these 'developing nations', while India and China don't have to slow down or pay anything into it despite having comparatively large economies as well as already pumping out incredibly larger amounts of pollution help the world? The worst perpetrators go unaffected by the decision while hampering both financially and industrially the nation you live in.

The agreement isn't going to 'save the environment', cracking down on the worst offenders with actual ramifications will

It's not like companies didn't pay millions of dollars either in order to recruit useful fools around the globe

>cracking down on the worst offenders with actual ramifications will
And how exactly did you plan on this happening? China is going to overtake the US economically and likely militarily in our lifetimes. It's better to have at least something, than having an all or nothing attitude and getting fuck all done.

Well they can't right now, would be pretty easy to just stamp them out and prevent it from happening

inb4 you don't know what x-ray pindown is and you tell me some garbage about MAD

wow user ur a gnius

not an argument

graphs from publications orientated towards public outreach are naturally going to have more relatable figures, and usually as the case may be will be more comprehensive than the graphs intended for people working in the field who are aware of the plethora of studies on the matter

minor temperature deviations from average have far larger consequences than just 'it's hotter than last year', not every year is going to be hotter, 'global warming' gives this incorrect assumption, some years are going to be a lot colder and not every area is going to be affected equally - the globe on average is warming, areas (like america) might get colder due to shifting weather patterns (nothern jet stream being shifted will be a big one)

the consequences of even minor deviations on average temperature, especially year after year, can severely fuck with ecology (relevant when we survive on crops, fish, meat), can fuck with weather events and patterns (hope you like more severe storms, more drouts, more tornadoes, more flooding), and some less intuitive problems can come from things like the ocean turning acidic due to the excess of co2 being pumped in the atmosphere which was previously dormant stored in oil wells underground

this is only barely scratching the surface

>paid large amounts of money

>scientific researchers
>paid lots of money

nice joke

>to push one particular point of view

not how science nor scientific funding works

stefan...

presumably you might have kids and if not you might respect your families children enough to consider them

if not carry on as normal, outside of potential food riots if we have some particularly bad drouts giving a shit about environmental policy will be a zero sum game for you

China is currently building 30+ new nuclear reactors and is basically spamming massive solar farms everywhere, this isnt the 90s anymore, China is actually one of the world leaders in cutting down on pollution as they transition into a developed economy.

>'global warming' gives this incorrect assumption
That's why climate change is the preferred term

When Sup Forums become Sup Forums-lite?

>what is lysenkoism
Stop trusting people you don't know.

Sup Forums, being for free software and freedumbs in general, will be ground for political discussion. See Net-neutrality.

This dude knows whats up. China has been trying to push green energy not only to clean up their own country but also as a form of energy independence, so they don't need to be reliant on other countries' fossil fuels.

Renewable energy doesn't just clean up your country, it's smart realpolitik as well.

Yeah I get that, but recently there seems to have been a shift

Is Sup Forums still for net neutrality or no?

>Ahmed[...].jpg
into the trash it goes

I fucking hate those blurbs, holy shit. It's like they gathered up the most condescenting shits in their peanut gallery department to write them.

Sup Forums is not a hivemind, and you shouldn't be basing your opinions on what Sup Forums says anyway, because there's literally no upside to telling the truth or arguing in good faith on an anonymous messageboard.

Ok mr. user, I love your self-awareness skills

>Sup Forums is not a hivemind, and you shouldn't be basing your opinions on what Sup Forums says anyway,

I don't base my opinions on what Sup Forums thinks, I have my own

How on earth is the US' effect relatively small? It's almost the same as China's with a third of the population.

>both based on number of years since one man was nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be if everyone got along for a change
>one is somehow more scientific

>Also how does the USA having to pay $100b toward this scam

different agreement, and it's not just usa, it's rich developed countries like much of europe, commonwealth countries (inc uk and usa), japan, etc

>while India and China don't have to slow down

but both china and india have made pledges to cut contributions

I think you're confusing the non binding aspect and the fact countries don't actually have to contribute with pledges countries have promised to keep, the agreement was non-binding and opt out as evidence by the usa, well, opting out

and I know what you're going to say, "promises don't mean shit", I fully agree and it seems many in the climate field don't think this agreement is doing enough to be useful, I think the whole point was to name and shame countries that try to take the easy way out (hence this thread)

one can also make the argument that just because countries like the uk, usa, much of europe industrialised before the climate was a concern isn't a valid justification to completely prevent still developing countries from industrialising - I don't fully agree with this argument but it's just some added context, and for some extra food for thought: reducing emissions is going to mean funding and research into more renewable energy sources with a lower traditional carbon footprint, hopefully by the time africa starts industrialising, or even when india gets into full swing, they won't have to burn nearly as much coal/oil/natural gas to meet their energy needs

>cracking down on the worst offenders with actual ramifications will

yeah I can't wait to see the public outcry when the second largest single contributor to co2 in the atmosphere will be cracked down on

yes, and one can make the argument that pro sugar industries fund studies that try to support their claims, that cigarette industries for years campaigned with doctors suggesting cigarettes aren't harmful

I don't blindly trust studies on climate change, however I have enough faith that the system isn't completely broken to the point that tens of thousands of independent climate scientists from independent organisations with differing political spectrum from countries the world over (including us, china, india, russia) can come to similar agreement without any significant scientific opposition

Sup Forums BTFO!!!

hell china is funding nuclear power stations in england being built by french contractors under the agreement the chinese keep the profits

china literally paying for green energy in countries they otherwise have no business in for money

indeed

Most "scientists" are hired by the UN, not independent in any way, what are you talking about?

share the cum you cum hog :^)

I love how not a single poster in this thread has actually read Paris agreement, yet you still feel like you have to argue if climate change is real or not. The agreement had very little to do with it! That's the whole point!

Lynx

oy vey

DRUMPFTKINS REKT

in about:config set browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl to an empty string

That's the point dumbdumb, if you would read the agreement, you could explain to liberals that signing it would in no way reduce the climate change, therefore this while clusterfuck is pointless. But go ahead, keep spouting meems.

The alt right and Sup Forums love daddy trumps dick in their mouth so they hate it simply because trump and poo boy hate it.

>why is it easier to predict the past than the future?
Gee I wonder.

>But whatever it is not like SJW agenda is affecting jor software, stop being autist.

sudo rm -fr ~/usr/Downloaded_pics
[sudo] password for usr:

ERROR - This operation cannot be done, one or more images depict trans-gendered and/or racial minorities

What did you install then? Firefox is literally the only not-totally-unusable browser that supports js.

did you just assume my uncle's intelligence? fucking pretentious fucks

>Thinking the Paris agreement is about climate science
You can believe all the accepted data on climate change and still realize Paris was a bum deal with questionable effectiveness. The "Paris agreement v climate deniers" line is pushed to hide the flaws in the agreement.

nice hockeystick

this is like a thread out of Sup Forums from 2013, great stuff

The whole world is Sup Forums-lite m8.

Look how far Le Pan got in France. In fucking France. One of the most liberal countries on the planet and she still got more than 1 out of every 3 voters even with her father's history.

there is no such thing as climate science, science means observing something you don't understand, coming up with a a hypothesis, and testing it. there is no way to test that x amount of human greenhouse emissions did y to the climate in the 20th century, to do so would require a second copy of earth where technoindustrial society was wiped out after world war 1. clearly we don't have any looking glass to see into alternate realities, and there is no way to perturb the earth's atmosphere any which way and see what happens, so there is no way to invalidate a claim like that. because the "findings" of climatologists can't be falsified, they aren't scientific. this is not wordplay on my part, words have meaning, and what climatologists do does not meet the standards of science.

and they just go with whatever the climate is trending. when global temps were falling, well it was gonna keep going until we all froze to death, and when it started going up, we had to stop using energy and go full kaczynski. I think this movement was probably started by well-intentioned people who let their fantasies of "saving the world" cloud their judgement.
climatedepot.com/2017/05/23/120-years-of-climate-scares-70s-ice-age-scare/

I wonder if you would say the same if those independent researched 'pushed' a point of view you agree with

Pale Moon

Just use Iridium you dumb niggers

post yfw Mozilla will go bankrupt in your lifetime

I was actually just about to try FireFox 54 after reading about multiprocess tabs on their subreddit but now that they are politically leftists I will not install

Well said user.

May sanity and clear judgement prevail.

>tfw I work there

>Uninstalling perfectly good software because of political beliefs

So what you faggot???
You want to fucking embrace it????
Fuck off!!!

I can't even tell which side you're trying to strawman

>world's most intelligent
I use edit Wikipedia until my account got banned over pizzagate shit
And it was me cleaning up lies