Why does Vietnam war take up huge part in American history book when Korean war doesn't...

Why does Vietnam war take up huge part in American history book when Korean war doesn't? Vietnam war has a whole chapter dedicated to itself and everything is written in extensive detail, while Korean war is just a paragraph. WTF? Korean war has more people involved even. How is Korean war described in your country's history textbook?

Korean what ?

korean war had very little impact on american society

almost none actually. we did not read about the korean war here, you aren't really that relevant to tell you the truth.

It's just sore losers who kept on making excuses for their defeat

Because the Korean War had little effect on society and wasn't controversal beyond expulsion of MacArthur

they lost both wars, they wished people wouldnt talk about either

Calm down. Korean War haven't finished yet.

because technically it's not over yet

and when was the last time you read an american history book

if you did you know that korean war is mentioned more because it is an object of history and vietnam war not and you had to get outside sources because it is considered current events

lying does you no justice

>many ww2 vidya
>many vietnam vidya
>no korean war vidya
explain dis

I went to an American highschool though. I tried to be a good US history student.

North Korea does not matter as their attrocities and poverty overshadows the American defeat

But Vietnam is currently the #1 fastest growing economy and has the highest Global Growth Generators Index among 11 major economies...which makes American defeat seemed more insulting as the fact that communism is faring them good is a blasphemy for democracy

It would be like the big bully who gets insecured once he saw his victims getting grades far higher than his

it is discussed in terms of the aftermath of ww2, similar thing would have happened to japan with us vs the societs if there was no atomic bomb

vietnam was a separate issue because it had to do with their independence versus the de-colonization of france and the subsequent civil war

either you didn't pay attention or you didn't care

the proposed nukular attack on coastal china and the macarthy terror etc

societs= soviets*

>How is Korean war described in your country's history textbook?
Almost none. Yet another proxy war between Russia/China and USA.

Vietnam was more than just another war, it was the turning point and the catalyst for a seismic shift in the very fabric of American society. modern America started because of the Vietnam war, that's why it plays such a big role in our history books

Nobody cares
WW2 is huge to us because we were actually attacked and for once we were facing opponents that weren't vastly inferior to us and we still won.
Vietnam had a large effect on the populace and is infamous here for stuff such as the anti-war movement and the brutality of it.

oh fug american senpai doesn't notice me :(

Marxists and SJWs won after vietnam, according to lower class white males

>Nukular

Korean history is generally boring desu

>How is Korean war described in your country's history textbook?
i just know that we had a brigade fighting there

Korea what?
Was there a war?
Not even your country is mentioned here.

We should've helped the North Koreans.

we notice you now

That flips helped the Pepsi's fight against the chinks.

That's why we're getting stuff from pepsi korea as a token of gratitude.

Korean war was straightforward. We got fucked up by vietnam due to the deaths, methods of death, weak reason for being there, bad reception, draft, etc....

spain?

because korean war is a proxy war, i guess americans do not think it deeper than vietnam war which all americans are involved directly.